4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Mixing Performance:

Oster makes a durable, strong but heavy mixer.

I was reading the prior posts on this particular mixer but didn't notice too many talking about the weight of the mixer but that is the one thing that really stands out to me. It is a bit heavy and bulky for a smaller person to use but is well made, durable and strong. It can whip through potatoes, batter and other cooking tasks without a problem but is heavy to me. There are lighter models out there but this one, although heavy, is built well.

Mixing Performance
Makes mixing quick and easy. No issues in this department.

I haven't met a mixer yet that is TRULY easy to clean. Between the air intake and exhaust, flour seems to collect there and it's never the easiet job to remove it but it is a more durable mixer so I am not afraid to give it a good cleaning post dough mixing.

As I have said earlier, it's a bit heavy but I guess that comes with the durability of th eproduct.

Because of its weight, the design seems a bit awkward for me but I'm use to it now and wouldn't change it.

Can't beat it for durability. I have dropped on the counter, in the sink with soapy water and cannot destroy it. It is a BEAST among handheld mixers.

The Oster Hand Mixer is powerful - too powerful.

The Oster Hand Mixer comes with great attachments, but there is not a lot of difference between the different speeds. I like that the mixer is powerful and that the cord is retractable. It was a great price, especially for all of the attachments. There are the beaters, a whisk, a hand blender attachment and a dough hook. The versatility is great and it fulfilled a need that I had had for a while. There is, however, one major drawback for me. The low speeds really are not low. For this reason, I have made a lot of messes. When you have powders in the bowl, like flour or cocoa, it's nice to begin the mixer on a low speed until a bit of blending has taken place. The Oster mixer basically starts its lowest level at a speed that is closer to medium or medium/high on any other hand mixer. I am actually keeping an eye open for a different hand mixer that has at least six speeds, but that has a real variation of speeds from low to high.

Oster makes a durable, strong but heavy mixer.

from Tom Bean, Texas

Mixing Performance
Makes mixing quick and easy. No issues in this department.

Great hand mixer.

Comments about Oster Inspire 6-Speed Hand Mixer:

I am on my second Oster hand mixer. It truly is a great little hand mixer. It works great for mixing anything from cake batter to mash potatoes. The speed dial is perfectly positioned so that you can easily adjust the speed for your needs. I will say that you should make sure that the mixer doesn't over heat or at least turn in off for a short period of time during long uses. I learned the hard way that the motor will die quickly if used for too long. For someone who needs a mixer that doesn't take up counter space this is their best bet.

Mixes ingredients well.

Cleans very well.

Very simple.

Not to heavy.

If used properly will last a long time.

• Mixing Performance:

Well made product with good durability

from Lagrange, OH

Comments about Oster Inspire 6-Speed Hand Mixer:

I have owned this Oster hand mixer for almost nine years. I use it quite often, and it is very adequate. I like that it is easy to store and does not take up much room. It offter plenty of speed for good mixing. It is easy to clean, and the mixers are dish washer safe. It does not overheat, and it is lightweight. It is durable and has a good design. I am surprised that this mixer is still running well after 9 years of use, but I have no complaints with it whatsoever as it runs as well as it did on day one. I would buy this again, as it was a reasonable price. I do recommend this product.

Handy little Oster mixer

from Waterloo, IA

Comments about Oster Inspire 6-Speed Hand Mixer:

I have owned my Oster hand mixer for five years and use it on a weekly basis. It is a nice size- small enough to fit nicely into the cupboard without taking up lots of space, but large enough to have some real motor power. And it is powerful! It has five or six speeds to choose from. Although, I believe my mixer is defective: speeds one and two are very fast, and as I turn up the dial, the speed doesn't really change, if anything, it becomes slower. Like I said, I believe this is just my defective mixer (it has been that way since I got it), but it hasn't stopped me from using it!

This hand mixer is so handy- so much easier for little jobs than dirtying the big stand mixer. I also love the retractable cord, which makes storing the mixer much easier.

Overall, the Oster Mixer is a great product. Although the speed control on my mixer is defective (I have never tried to contact Oster about it), it's still an everyday tool I'm grateful to have!

• Mixing Performance:

Oster Inspire is a great price hand mixer for small jobs

from Hills, MN

Comments about Oster Inspire 6-Speed Hand Mixer:

The benefits of the Oster Inspire hand mixer inclue the many attachements that come with it: a whisk, a drink mixer, dough hooks, and the beaters. However, as I've used it, I've realized I only use it for recipes that need light beat with the beater. I tend to use my Kitchen Aid or a hand whisk for most recipes. Aside from the beaters with this set, I think the other attachments seem cheaply made. I don't think they're strong enough to do much, but as I've stated, I primarily use my Kitchen Aid, so that is a steep comparison. (I love the Kitchen Aid.) Other positives of this mixer include: the retractable chord with push bottom release which provides tidy storage. It was also an affordable kitchen addition.

The Oster Hand Mixer is compact but versatile

from Gainesville, FL

Comments about Oster Inspire 6-Speed Hand Mixer:

I have owned the Oster Hand Mixer for a little overe four years now. During that time, the prodcut has held up well, with few signs of wear and tear. Being a hand mixer, this is a small product; it is certainly not industrial strength, but considering what it is designed to be, the product performs very well. I use the Oster Hand Mixer for batters, making cakes and cookies, and to whip egg whites. I enjoy having multiple settings on the hand mixer from low to high speed. I have never had a problem getting sufficient power and speed to whip egg whites (this is a really important sign of functionality in a mixer). The mixer's beaters easily eject with the push of a button, so clean-up is a snap.

The Oster Inspire 2534 250 Watts Hand Mixer is Powerful!

from Nashua, NH

Comments about Oster Inspire 6-Speed Hand Mixer:

The Oster Inspire 2534 250 Watts hand mixer is very powerful. It's size is very practical for those with limited storage space. I have owned mine for three years, and I have never had a problem with it. Even when a recipe calls for hand mixing when dough becomes too thick, I have still been able to use the mixer. The numerous settings on this mixer are very helpful, allowing for a slow start when mixing in flour or other powders. There are six speeds on this mixer. The power surge button does seem to put quite a strain on the motor, and I would not recommend using this for more than a few seconds. I appreciate the two different size dough hooks for different functions. The holes where the dough hooks attach can become filled with dough and other residue, and it is rather hard to clean. Considering the price of this product, it is a very good deal and well worth the investment.

a mixer for everyday

from Waianae, HI

Comments about Oster Inspire 6-Speed Hand Mixer:

there is many different hand mixers, for all different cooking styles. We cook every thing from american food to samoan food. my mixer is used about four times weekly. our family used the mixer for everything from main dishes to pies and cakes. this mixer is very easy to use, it has the speed to make the meringe to having little speed for just mixing a very dillicate batch of brownies. in our household we do a lot of our own cooking, when we have a family gathering we are usually cooking for over 200 people. so it helps when you have to cook for a large family. with all the people at a gathering and everyone bringing a different item and you have to make enough for a least 300 people, it is good to have reliable cooking machines. this hand mixer is great and even my kids can use it to help make the dishes that we make. Oyster hand mixers make many different style and have many different prices, for the price i paid and how often ours is used i would recommend this hand mixer to anyone.

Powerful Hand Mixer with great features

from Tulsa, OK

Comments about Oster Inspire 6-Speed Hand Mixer:

I got the oster hand mixer as a wedding gift and absolutely love it.  I originally requested it because I liked the retractable cord feature and I knew the oster products have a good reputation for lasting quality.  I really like that the mixer has various attachments.  I've never had a hand mixer with such options and versatility before.  It's an added bonus.  I like the whisk attachment because it comes in handy when whipping egg whites or mixing drinks. the dough hooks are great for sticky items and espcially when preparing rolls.  I tend to use the regular beater blades the most because of their versatility. Although I do have a stand mixer, I like using the hand mixer for small tasks in the kitchen. The oster mixer is definitely powerful.  I'd say that the 6 speeds definitely provide a godd ability to get the jobs done. The lower level 1 does seem more powerful than mixers I've used in the past.  In general, when a recipe calls for medium speed I still only use speeds 1 or 2 because of how powerful the mixer is.  So far I am extremely happy with this product.

just an average hand mixer

from Anaheim, CA

Comments about Oster Inspire 6-Speed Hand Mixer:

I burned through my first Oster hand mixer in about 2 years.  It just stopped mixing.  When I received a new one as a gift, I was excited, until I realized it was another Oster.  I am afraid it will be back on my wish list in another 2 years.  But, I am giving Oster a second try.

I love that the cord is retractable.  Honestly, every kitchen appliance should have a retractable cord.  However, even after only two uses, already my cord sticks and I have to force it into the opening in order for it to fully retract.

The speeds are too fast for my taste.  The 1 still shoots flour all over my kitchen if I don't angle the bowl just right.  I would like to see a pre-mix or SLOW function so that when it says mix on LOW, I can make some attempt at it.  Rather than just jump right in to turbo speed.

The attachments are easy to put in and out.  The release button does just that without incident.