Other Blenders:
Countertop Blenders
Oster
Oster Designer Series Beehive Blender

Oster Designer Series Beehive Blender

does everything it claims to do

Comments about Oster Designer Series Beehive Blender:

just about everything about this blender is wonderful. the quality of this product is top notch. it's also quite simple to take apart all of the different parts to get a full clean in. the only negative is the sound it emits at the higher speeds, it can get quite loud.

• Blending Power:
  • Versatility:

Great Product!

from Dawsonville, GA

Comments about Oster Designer Series Beehive Blender:

I've had this blender for months now and I love it. I wanted a heavy duty blender that could crush ice and that is what I got! It mixes well and is very well worth the money. I did a lot of research to see what people had to say about various models. The beehive had everything that I was looking for. The glass container is a bit heavy, but I prefer it to be durable glass vs plastic. It has an all-metal drive system which ensures durability. The ice crusher blade is stainless steel. It has a 2 speed toggle with pulse blending. It has a 5 cup capacity and is 500 watts. I am sure this blender will last for years to come. It's easy to take apart and clean in the dishwaher. I do recommend this product to anyone looking for the same features and qualities listed above. The chrome color matches the kitchens of today and is very easy to keep clean vs stainless steel and black.

Love the glass container. This is a heavy duty blender.

• Blending Power:
  • Versatility:

Sturdy and powerful!

from Royal Oak, MI

Comments about Oster Designer Series Beehive Blender:

This is my third blender but it has outlasted and outperformed my basic Oster and Hamilton blenders. I didn't think that I was too hard on my blenders but apparently wanting a blender that actually blends ice is a tall order. After two other failed blenders and much frustration, I finally purchased this one. I only wish I had boughten it sooner and saved the money that I spent buying two slightly cheaper models that failed to perform. I know that this may seem like an outdated model but I've decided that the simplicity is what allows it to be so powerful. Yes, it doesn't have as many features as other models out there but this has power, reliability, and is incredibly sturdy. I've had it for over a year whereas the two orevious models failed shortly after purchase. If you prefer functionality over options, this is your blender!

Margarittas On The House

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Oster Designer Series Beehive Blender:

I was looking for a blender for my girlfriend that was inexpensive and blended everything from margarittas to a food processor. Look no futher, I came up with an Oster classive Beehive. What a great choice. I have tried kitchenaid blenders and haven't had much success crushing ice, but this beehive does the job. I have made countless margarittas to smoothies which the kitchenaid couldnt do. Here are some key elements to my experience with the Oster Blender

The Oster Blender is Heavy and Sturdy, it Blends Quickly, it's Easy to Clean, Crushes Ice. Although it only has 2 speeds, this 2 speeds is way better then my old Kitchenaid with 8 speed. The only downside to this thing is that It's very loud, but what blender isnt?

Don't pass up on this if you're in the market looking for a blender that crushes ice smoothly and consistently.

Looks good, works GREAT, but loud

from Lakewood, OH

Comments about Oster Designer Series Beehive Blender:

I have had this classic blender in stainless for 6 months. I bought it to replace my Kitchen Aid, which broke (new design meant I couldn't get replacement part...grrr.). The Kitchen Aid had cost more than twice as much as this Oster. But so far I am more than pleased with the Oster. It performs just as well as the much more expensive Kitchen Aid. It completely pulverizes ice and frozen strawberries in my daily smoothies. It works great for milkshakes, too. I did buy the separate blade for milk shakes. (Not sure that's completely necessary, but it does make nice thick shakes.) This has just two speeds, but that's plenty. I never really saw the point in the 5 speeds of the Kitchen Aid. There is a switch control, so no electronic pads to wear out. I like the retro design. The glass container cleans up very easily (I just add some water and soap right after I use it, and blend that for a few seconds to wash). There are fewer nooks and crannies compared to the Kitchen Aid, so it is very easy to clean.

The only drawback is the noise. It is LOUD. Since it only takes a few minutes to blend something, this is not enough of a factor for me not to recommend it. But I wish it could be quieter. My toddler runs from the kitchen every time I use it!

Oster Classic Blender is beautiful

from Tulsa, OK

Comments about Oster Designer Series Beehive Blender:

I have to admit that I registered for this blender purely because it is ascetically pleasing.  It looks like a 1950's/retro style blender.  It has one switch that can do two speeds.  I do not like the lack of multiple speeds although I am not sure if you can really tell much of a difference between the speeds on other blenders.  It gets the job done and blends everything fairly well.  It is made of glass instead of plastic. The lid and base are plastic.  I like glass because I think this keeps things chilled better, and I know that it gets cleaner in the dishwasher since it is non-porous.  The cord is a good length.  It is not to long that it gets in the way, nor is it too short.  I have had my blender for the past 5 years and have never noticed any issues.  I use it mostly in the summer for making smoothies.  I have used it to make babyfood, although I do not suggest buying this product purely for those purposes.  It does an alright job at making babyfood.  It is a decent blender and I would buy it again.

Love the classic style

from Portland, OR

Comments about Oster Designer Series Beehive Blender:

I have this classic blender in red. I love it! It works great for milkshakes, smoothies and whatever. It's a workhorse and will grind my ice nice and smooth. It does whir on hi speed through my mix if I don't get the right amount of liquid in whatever I'm making. I like the basic design and just two speed. It seems like it will last forever because there's not electronic pads to wear out or extra gears to break down. The parts are mostly metal and the metal switch seems more likely to last than some of the more elaborate models. I like the retro design and it looks great in my kitchen. I don't use the individual cup that comes with it, but for a single person it would be an easy way to make a morning smoothie before work. For my larger family, the regular canister is just the right size for 5 milkshakes! :) I've had this for 4 or 5 years now, and am very happy with both it's performance, reliability and design.