Other Blenders:
Countertop Blenders
Oster
Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender

Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender

Pros

• Easy to clean (3)

Cons

• Small kitchen (3)
    • Blending Power:
    • Versatility:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (3)

Great Deco Look and Works Great Too

Even though I really did not need a new blener I loved the look of the Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed blender 4094 and basically bought it for its looks. It reminded me of blenders from when I was little and the look of it is really cool. Other blenders have plastic containers such as the one that I replaced with this one but this one has a nice glass container. The base is a nice retro beehive design like the ones from the 1950s. I have used this for shakes and smoothies and the blending power is very good. You can use it for ice or margaritas or what ever you want to make. It is very versatile. It has removable blades so it is easy to clean. It seems to be very durable so far and I have not had any problem with it at all. The main reason I bought it though was for the looks. The rest was a bonus. I love this blender. I recommend it for anyone looking for a blender that is versatile and functional.

I w

After reading the raving reviews about the Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender, and needing a blender for my kitchen, I bought one. The first month or so, the Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender delivered wonderfully on every challenge I send its way - from crushing ice, mixing cake batter, blending smoothies, and so on. However, after preparing a smoothie one day, I noticed that the liquid had dripped from the pitcher to the blender motor. After scrutinizing all the blender parts, I discovered that the base around the blade had several little cracks. I was very surprised to see a blender with this kind of a price tag break so soon. Maybe the particular Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender that I bought had a manufacturing defect. However, this does not take away from the inconvenience I faced shopping for this product the first time around, returning it at the end of the month, and shopping for an alternative blender to replace the broken one. I would never buy this product myself again, and would not recommend it to anybody else.

great powerful blender

from Baltimore, MD

Comments about Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender:

I purchased this classic beehive blender by oster almost 4 years ago to replace a model that had a plastic pitcher and wore down the gears. This blender is very sturdy. The base is strong and heavy, and the pitcher part is a thick glass. Instead of the cumbersom buttons you find on many blenders, the oster blender has a toggle switch that can either be turned simply to "on" or you can pulse it to create your own desired speed. It's simple design and ease of use make this a great addition to your kitchen. It is useful for making smoothies, grinding dry ingredients, or pureeing soft ingredients. It's retro design is very attractive as well. The pitcher and all the elements of the pitcher can easily be washed in the dishwasher, which makes it so easy to clean. I am so happy that I purchased this blender, and for it's affordable price, it is a worthwhile investment.

I use this every day!

from Newport Beach, CA

Comments about Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender:

My husband and I use this every day.  We both enjoy at least 1-2 whey protein shakes a day and we like to blend the protein powder with frozen fruits and a little water.  They turn out perfectly!  Very smooth.  Sometimes you have to let it blend a little longer to get all the clumps out but after a few seconds, it's perfect.  The only drawback is that after so much usage, the bottom plastic has gotten a little cracked where the base of the blade is attached.

Oster Classic Beehive Blender is wonderful and LOOKS wonderful!

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender:

I have a stainless steel kitchen with a vintage feel and when I was looking to replace my old, worn-out blender I found the Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender and did not look any further! The beehive shape is so eye-catching and the glass blender pitcher gives my kitchen a great vintage vibe while still tying in with my stainless steel appliances.

As for the use, the blender is awesome! It crushes ice in seconds, making smoothies and milkshakes is a breeze. I have also used it to create pesto and other salad dressings which allow me to chop without destroying the flavors.

The blender pitcher is great because I've never noticed a flavor transfer, even when going from a delicious malt milkshake to an Italian dressing and marinade.

Oster Classic Beehive Blender is the best I have ever used.

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender:

I fell in love with the looks of the Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed blender 4094 Blender so I ordered it.I must admit I often purchase things based on appearance alone rather than function.I would not suggest my methods but I have been rather lucky doing this.Any blender I buy has to have a sturdy glass container.In my experiance all the best blenders have a glass rather than plastic container.This blender has a sturdy glass container.I love its beautiful retro chrome base as well.I use it almost everyday to make smoothies in the morning.I use it at least one a week on ice.It makes light work of ice in no time.I have had it for a long time now and it still works like a dream.As with most blenders its easy to use.It does have removable blades that make it easy to clean.So far this has been the most powerful and durable blender I have ever owned.

Oster Osterizer Classic blender is perfect simplicity

from Portland, OR

Comments about Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender:

After years of using less-than-impressive, quick-to-wear-out multi-speed blenders (I think I had ones with as many as 14-speeds!), I decided to go for simplicity as a change of pace, and picked a model that seemed to be above-average quality.

I've been really happy with my decision, because this blender has lasted for several years, with no indication of wearing out anytime soon.

And ya know - I don't miss all those extra speeds. I can actually do everything I need to do by alternating between the two speeds, and by pulsing the speed as necessary.

This unit crushes ice like a pro - no problem there. Making icy-cold fruit smoothies during the summer is a snap with this blender.

The glass jar is thick and seems durable. If you break it, this seems to be a standard size so it shouldn't be too hard to get a replacement from Oster or your local appliance store.

Looks great with the rest of our stainless steel appliances - a real "classic" look indeed!

Classic Oster Blender does the job!

from Gainesville, FL

Comments about Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender:

I received this blender as a wedding gift in 2007 and it still works great! I love to make smoothies in it. The blade and speed of the blender cuts through ice and frozen fruit quite well. I like that it is simple to use, especially since I only use it for smoothies. I have no need for multiple speeds. I put everything in, flip the switch and let it work! The blender also has pulsing action that helps with thicker substances. My only complaint is that it is so loud. I usually have to turn it on then walk away from it. There is no making smoothies in the morning while my husband is still sleeping! Other than that, I highly recommend it. Easy to use and easy clean-up (dishwasher safe) makes it a huge plus for my kitchen.

POWERFUL, GREAT FOR SMOOTHIES

from Fontana, CA

Comments about Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender:

I've had this Oster blender (the red one) for over 9 months now and I still love it! Mainly I just use it for smoothies and blended drinks (like margaritas!) once or twice a week. It has a simple and cool retro design which I like (high/low/off). This product crushes ice easily and has proven to be very durable. Would highly recommend this product! It's a loud blender.....but aren't they all loud?