Other Blenders:
Oster
Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender

Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender

Great Deco Look and Works Great Too

Even though I really did not need a new blener I loved the look of the Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed blender 4094 and basically bought it for its looks. It reminded me of blenders from when I was little and the look of it is really cool. Other blenders have plastic containers such as the one that I replaced with this one but this one has a nice glass container. The base is a nice retro beehive design like the ones from the 1950s. I have used this for shakes and smoothies and the blending power is very good. You can use it for ice or margaritas or what ever you want to make. It is very versatile. It has removable blades so it is easy to clean. It seems to be very durable so far and I have not had any problem with it at all. The main reason I bought it though was for the looks. The rest was a bonus. I love this blender. I recommend it for anyone looking for a blender that is versatile and functional.

I w

After reading the raving reviews about the Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender, and needing a blender for my kitchen, I bought one. The first month or so, the Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender delivered wonderfully on every challenge I send its way - from crushing ice, mixing cake batter, blending smoothies, and so on. However, after preparing a smoothie one day, I noticed that the liquid had dripped from the pitcher to the blender motor. After scrutinizing all the blender parts, I discovered that the base around the blade had several little cracks. I was very surprised to see a blender with this kind of a price tag break so soon. Maybe the particular Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender that I bought had a manufacturing defect. However, this does not take away from the inconvenience I faced shopping for this product the first time around, returning it at the end of the month, and shopping for an alternative blender to replace the broken one. I would never buy this product myself again, and would not recommend it to anybody else.

I w

from Merced, CA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean

Cons

• Cracks easily

• Small Kitchen

Best Blender by Far

from Nashville, TN

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Good Pitcher
  • Powerful

• Cooking
    • Drinks
    • Small Kitchen

Comments about Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender:

I liked the fact that this Oster blender received a Good Housekeeping seal. it is really great, too, and has far superseded my expectations since I added it to the kitchen. The blender is tough, durable and versatile. It makes smoothies just as easily as it crushes ice and keeps on going. There's not a lot of fancy buttons on this machine, which can be very confusing. Instead there is just one speed and a pulse setting. I use the pulse for most of my projects and it works wonderfully.

This blender is dishwasher safe, which I appreciate because i hate doing dishes more than anything in this world. On the downside, it is fairly noisy when it is being used. I think they should work on this feature!

Overall it is a versatile machine that serves my needs and doesnt cost a fortune to buy.

Great Deco Look and Works Great Too

from Wrightstown NJ

Love this blender!

from La Rue, OH

Comments about Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender:

Recently I decided to replace my old blender after years of service. I wanted something relatively inexpensive, but also one that worked well. I chose the Oster Classic Beehive 2-speed Blender. I mostly use my blender to make smoothies and milkshakes, so this is perfect for me. My children love strawberry, banana, Kiwi smoothies and this blender blends all of the fruits together beautifully. I also like to make the occasional drink that requires crushed ice, which can be really hard on a blender, but this one crushes the ice efficiently and quickly, with no signs of strain. I like that the pitcher is glass. Cleanup is quick and easy and it looks really nice on my counter with the beehive shape. Being 2 speeds, there are not a lot of buttons on it, so it is not confusing at all. It is very easy to use, so easy that my 6 year old can use it. It perfectly puree's food suitable for my baby to eat with no worries of large chunks he might choke on. If you are looking for a powerful, basic blender, look no further. I recommend this one highly!

• Versatility:

A wonderful, beautiful, and well made blender!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender:

The Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender is the best simple blender I have ever purchased. I bought this blender specifically for the purpose of making smoothies. My other blender copped out on me and since all I really ever used it for was milkshakes and smoothies, I decided to purchase this simple two speed blender instead of another that has a ridiculous amount of buttons. I love the stainless steel on the blender and it fits in with the rest of my decor wonderfully. Also, it works awesome. I never have problems with the ice not being fully blended and all of the flavors are nicely mixed together. Having two speeds means I do not have to guess what speed to use to make the best smoothie or milkshake. Also, this blender has worked wonderfully for awhile now and I have had no issues. I love that it is really easy to clean because all of the pieces come apart to make the cleaning process easier. This is a blender I have recommended to my mother and my sister and I would recommend it anyone else who asked me about blenders.

Awesome blender

Comments about Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender:

This is my first Oster blender purchase and I can happily say that it works great. This blender has two different speed settings and has a beautiful stainless steel beehive style cannister. The two speeds are "go" and "pulse". If you need to mix something, push the pulse button as needed. This speed does very good and everything. The cannister is so pretty I wish I could leave it out on my counter if only I had the space. I have owned this blender for about two years. I usually make a smoothie every day and use this blender, and have never had a single problem. I do not use ice in my smoothie, but I put bits and pieces of small fruits like blue berries. It blends up my milk and fruits in just under twenty seconds. I usually wash it after every use in my dishwasher and leaves it sparkly clean. The only thing is that the metal blade is now starting to rust. But overall, awesome blender!

• Versatility:

Simple and durable piece of equipment

from Lincoln, NE

Comments about Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender:

We bought this blender several years ago at Best Buy. Though I managed to break the glass blender jar, I had another Oster blender jar that I used as a replacement. The motor is still good. It is not the most powerful blender, but it looks nice and gets the job done.

The blender jar has indentations that are harder to clean if you let the liquid dry before washing. But washing it right away usually is not too bad.

Since it only has two speeds, it is super easy to use. Sometimes I have to stop and stir the ingredients I am blending to make sure everything gets blended.

It is still going strong after several years of use, even with a different glass jar attached.

Best Blender!

from Portland, OR

Comments about Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender:

I have had this blender for over five years, and love it! This is the only blender I have found that actually crushes ice, and large chunks of food. Great for making smoothies, milk shakes, pureeing small amount of food, and whatever else you might want to use it for.

It is a bit loud, but I think thats because it actually works! It is nice looking, sleek, stainless steel, and not plastic. It looks great on your countertop.

I have used it for all types of beverages, and with large chucks of ice, large pieces of frozen fruit, and it has never failed me. I highly recomend this blender for anyone who wants a machine to do a great job the first time.

The parts come apart easily for cleaning, which is great!

• Versatility:

The uses will keep you busy as a bee.

from Beatty, NV

Comments about Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender:

A great blender for home use. Attractive shape, easy to clean the outer casing due to now sharp angles. As with any Oster product it works great as long as you don't try to use it as a food processor.

Blending Power
    This is better powered than a lot of inexpensive home blenders on the market currently.

Versatility
    It does the basic blending functions fine.

great powerful blender

from Baltimore, MD

Comments about Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender:

I purchased this classic beehive blender by oster almost 4 years ago to replace a model that had a plastic pitcher and wore down the gears. This blender is very sturdy. The base is strong and heavy, and the pitcher part is a thick glass. Instead of the cumbersom buttons you find on many blenders, the oster blender has a toggle switch that can either be turned simply to "on" or you can pulse it to create your own desired speed. It's simple design and ease of use make this a great addition to your kitchen. It is useful for making smoothies, grinding dry ingredients, or pureeing soft ingredients. It's retro design is very attractive as well. The pitcher and all the elements of the pitcher can easily be washed in the dishwasher, which makes it so easy to clean. I am so happy that I purchased this blender, and for it's affordable price, it is a worthwhile investment.