Other Blenders:

Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Oster Beehive blender is great for smoothies!

My husband loves to make smoothies which means we need a powerful blender to crush up the ice.  We've been through about 3 different blenders that all have their motors burn up because they can't crush the ice very well.  I did some research so we could find the best blender for crushing up ice and this one got the best reviews.  So we bought it and I have to say I agree!  It has no problem breaking up the ice and we haven't blown it up so far!  It only has 2 speeds but honestly it's all you need!  This blender has a powerful motor and a VERY sharp blade.  I've cut myself on it so I know.  It's very sleek and nice looking.  The only drawback is that it's very loud but really what blender isn't.  I'll take the noise if it means I don't have to buy another blender again.  It wasn't even that expensive so that made it that much better of a buy!  If you like to make smoothies and need to crush ice or frozen fruit, this is the blender to get!

Blending Power
It's amazing and blending anything, including ice!

My husband usually breaks our blenders but we've had this one for about 2 years and it's still going strong.

Its ok

I got this blender for free when a family member moved. At first I loved it, using it mostly to blend steamed vegetables to make baby food. It worked okay, better than our old one. Now I use a blender daily. I'm trying to lose weight and am making daily protein shakes. It takes forever and a day to get the ice to blend in well. I am also attempting to "hide" vegetables such as spinach in my shakes, so I need it to be really REALLY well blended. This takes a long time. I think that it doesn't spin in a way that causes the full blending, with the bottom part moving and blending in what was on top. I have to stop it a lot and stir it and start over or else, the item first added, that is at the bottom of the blender will be liquid and I'll have dry ingredients sitting on top that never blend. That is my biggest CON. My second is that the pulse isn't too loud, but if you turn it on, it is CRAZY loud. Both my children cover their ears.

That being said. I use it daily. I make it work and neither of these problems have caused me to go shell out money for a new one. So I'd call it a decent blender, but I'd spend more money on a higher quality one next time, now that I know how much I'll use one.

Very good blender for the price

Comments about Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender:

I researched several blenders and after considering all of the factors I went with this one and have been pleased with my purchase. I like how this blender has simple functions which means that less things should go wrong. The design is classic and looks good in my kitchen. It has a lot of power and does very well with crushing ice for smoothies. The only reason it didn't get a 10 is because of how noisy it is and the difficulty of cleaning. I was hoping for a machine that was a little quieter but I would rather it be a little noisy and get the job done right.

Blending Power
I mainly use this blender to crush ice for smoothies and it does a great job. The more liquid in there the better it does.

The stainless steel looks very nice and sleek but it is a pain to clean. If you don't keep it clean right after you use it, it is very easy for things to get sticky and be difficult to get off.

Love that it isn't complicated. There is a high and low speed and that is it!

It has a very slim design which is good for storage and has a very heavy and sturdy base.

• Versatility:

Great blender for occasional use and countertop appeal

Comments about Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender:

I received this blender as a wedding present and I love it primarily for purées and smoothies. I use other appliances to coarse or fine chop. It looks beautiful sitting on my countertop, as I love the retro look of it and the size.

Blending Power
Since it only has two settings, it will basically liquefy whatever you put into it, and it does a great job of that.

Versatility
Can't be your only processing tool, as I've discovered trying to chop in it doesn't work well.

Lots of individual parts to take apart and clean separately in the pitcher.

Beautiful chrome, retro switch and beehive base look great!

I've had it for four years and just recently my husband accidentally dropped the lid plug in while blending and it broke.

• Versatility:

Classic design, works really well for the price.

Comments about Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender:

In my opinion this blender is the bare minimum you can get away with if you want a blender that can actually crush ice without spending big bucks on one of those really high-end blenders such as Vitamix or Blendtec. I went through MANY blenders in just a couple of years trying to crush ice without shelling out the big bucks before trying the Oster Beehive. In fact with all of the money I threw away on now dead blenders I could have probably had a Vitamix! Anyway the point is I finally spent the extra 15-20 bucks or so for the beehive over the cheapo blenders, and I've been crushing ice happily for a couple of years now with the same machine. We drink a lot of frozen cocktails and this blender does the job well. It has a nice thick glass pitcher, which is essential. It also has a more powerful motor than other blenders in its price range that doesn't burn up quickly like the others do.

Blending Power
It seems to be much more powerful than other blenders in its class/ price range.

Versatility
Again, the best in its price range, anything from puree and smoothies to crushed ice. It handles the ice with ease compared to the others.

No problem. It easily comes apart, I put the components in the dishwasher (even the gasket and blade to be honest) and have done so many times without them degrading. The "beehive" part wipes clean very easily.

Simple simple simple. Just how I like it. One little switch...on, off, pulse.

I love the classic look.

Again, far superior to others in the same price range.

More for Aesthetics than Blending

Comments about Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender:

If you use a blender often and for a variety of purposes, this is probably not the blender for you. If you're a once-a-month blender type of person and you just want something that looks good, this is the one.

Blending Power
I am basing blending power on blending volume: it has a lot. That said, however, I feel like it is difficult to get the contents toward the top of the blender to get blended. You really have to stir it around to make sure all contents get blended.

Versatility
If what you need to get done can be done with the one of two speeds this blender offers, then yes, it it versatile. I have used if for smoothies, soups, and sauces. Each time it achieved what I was going for.

As far as cleaning you are pretty much looking at 3 pieces. It's always been very quick to get clean.

There's only one button with two speeds. Dead simple.

Looks fantastic on a kitchen counter.

I haven't been too rough with it—but I have had it for almost 5 years with no incidents.

• Versatility:

This blender is POWERFUL!

Comments about Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender:

When I asked for a blender as a Christmas gift, my only criteria was that I wanted it to be made of glass, not plastic. I received this Oster blender as a gift from my father, who is known for doing tons of research on everything he buys. I can say he did not make a bad choice. This is easily the most powerful blender I have ever seen in my life. The blades are SHARP and can handle anything I throw in there. The only issue is that since the motor is so powerful, it's also quite loud. I usually put a folded hand towel underneath to help dampen the noise while I'm using it.

Blending Power
Nothing can slow down this motor.

Versatility
I find myself using this blender in lieu of a food processor sometimes.

I put a little water and dish soap and blend for a few seconds, then rinse. Voila! clean.

Buttons are simple and easy to use.

While I'm more a fan of clean lines, this blender looks good sitting on the counter.

Have had it for 2+ years and going strong.

• Versatility:

This product will not disappoint you.

Comments about Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender:

Looks like your run of the mill old school blender with only the one toggle, two speed blender, but the results from this blender will blow your mind and amaze you. You are sure to be happy with the results. Great for making ice beverages. My favorite is a margarita. No ice chips here. This blender delivers. Sure to impress you and family and friends.

Blending Power
Great blending power. Will crush ice and not leave behind in ice chips in your favorite cocktail, drink, or smoothie.

Versatility
Not many buttons. Simple, but very user friendly.

No issues with cleaming this product. Glass canister easily removed for ease of cleaning. Few buttons to collect debris.

Very user friendly. Easy to use, simple toggle to control two speeds.

Sleek beehive design looks great on counter or fits easily in storage.

This product is very durable. Never had a problem with motor and reduced performance. Crushes ice consistently every time with no chips.

• Versatility:

The best and most stylish party blender!

Comments about Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender:

This blender has lasted far longer than any other blender I have seen. I cannot say I have had other blenders to compare it to because I have never needed to buy a new one! That is quality!

Blending Power
Amazing blending ability! I have made mixed alcoholic drinks with this blender. I also have made yogurt smoothies. Chocolate milkshakes. i have even used this blender to scrammble eggs!

Versatility
Again, this blender can do so much. It has kickstarted a healthy breakfast habit for my husband and I. It is so easy to make two smoothies in the morning with this. It blends fast and that helps with busy morning schedules.

All of the blender pieces unscrew and come apart. I can rinse them all quickly and put in the dishwasher if needed.

There is one switch, no need for 10 buttons.

Looks timeless!

The only thing I have ever had to do with this blender is replace a fuse.. After that it worked like new again!

long lasting

Comments about Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender:

product is durable, have only had 2 oster blenders for over 25 years. Have used others, none as durable or as efficient. Ones with lots of settings not worth it as all settings seem to work the same. I only need the 2 speed

Blending Power
no problems, blends well, put in yogurt, bananas, etc. comes out smooth

Versatility
can be used to puree tomatoes, make smoothies, puree cooked vegetables for soup

easily take apart to clean. Glass container can be put in dishwasher if necessary, though is simple to clean with soap and water. Bottom can be cleaned with soap and water. Simple to put back together

not complicated. 2 speeds only, high or low. Just use one you want

easy to clean, looks good on counter, easy to wipe down

Osters seem to last forever

Long lasting oster blender

Comments about Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender:

We got this blender when we got married in 2005. It has worked great and has withstood a lot of use over the years.

Blending Power
Works well for smoothies but not powerful enough to use in place of a food processor for things like nut butters or coconut butter.

Fairly easy to take apart and clean or stick in the dishwasher.

Really easy to use, only two speeds but that seems to be all you need.

Has been a faithful blender for the last 8 years. No issues or problems.

Great performance

from Edina, MN

Comments about Oster Classic Beehive 2-Speed Blender:

I have had my Oster Classic Beehive 2-speed Blender for about 5 years now. It still works great. I have only had to change the blades inside and the little metal piece that the glass fits on, as they do wear out with time. However, I have been very happy with this blender even though it is very simple compared to many others out on the market right now. For general, everyday blending it works great. If you are really into smoothies and such...you might want to get a fancier one, but this is a great option otherwise. I would suggest this for blending just about anything. I have used it for juice, ice, veggies, soups,etc and a bunch of other things and it has worked well.

Blending Power
Great! The top one is strong, the lower one usually does the job fine though, for pretty much everything.

Very easy to clean.

So simple, only two speeds! Not much choice there.

The design is classic.

I have had mine for about 5 years and it is still working as well as the day that I bought it.