Other Blenders:

Pros

Cons

Good but loud

Comments about Oster 8-Speed Blender:

We received this for our wedding years ago and it has been a good blender. It works good but it is Loud! I am pretty sure there are better blenders out there but for as much as this one gets used, which is not much at all, it fits our needs.

Blending Power
I haven't had a problem yet with this blender. I have blended ice cream to ice itself and never had a power issue. Seemed to get through it just fine.

Versatility
Because its glass you can put in cold things or hot things without an issue. So soups to frozen wouldn't be an issue.

The blades are pretty hard to clean underneath but the rest of it is easy. I usually let it sit in the sink for an hr or so with water in it and then attempt to clean the blades.

There are many different speed settings you can use so you can pick which is better for what you are blending and go for it. Pretty easy!

I like that its not super bulky for storage and the glass top is better then a plastic one.

I haven't had any problems with it so far.

LOVE this blender!

from Greenville, SC

Comments about Oster 8-Speed Blender:

I got this blender for Christmas to replace my former blender that broke. I LOVE this blender. My old one was plastic and I'm so happy that this one is glass. This blender is sturdy and made well and appears that it will last for a very long time. It has 8 settings and that's really all you need. I have been using it to make smoothies and so far I haven't had to shake the blender like I did with my previous one. It runs smoothly and blends right through ice. Just make sure to add a bit of liquid at the bottom. This blender is powerful and the noise isn't bad at all. It's not any louder than my old one. It's dishwasher safe which is so convenient and makes it super easy to clean. The blade is stainless steel and very heavy duty making blending a breeze. For the price, you really can't beat this blender and I would recommend it to anyone. It's user friendly and easy to operate. I have no complaints about it!

• Versatility:

Great blender for smoothies & shakes

from Annapolis, MD

Comments about Oster 8-Speed Blender:

Bought this blender a few months back to make my tasty Snickers protein shakes in the morning for breakfast. I had been using a Magic Bullet Blender, but it burned out in no time so I replaced it with this. I use this blender about 3 times a week and it works well and has held up well. My only complaint is that it tends to dance around on the counter a bit on high speed.

Blending Power
Obliterates ice cubes and peanuts so they mix right into the rest of the ingredients.

Versatility
Several buttons for smoothies, mixing, frappe, etc. Also a button to bump power up to high and one for ice crushing.

As long as I rinse it out right away, it's easy to clean. The blade is super sharp and pointy though, so use extreme caution when washing the inside using a sponge or cloth. Better to use a dishbrush to keep your fingers away from the blade.

Very easy to use. Just put the stuff in and push the button.

So far so good. I've had it for a few months and use it regularly.

• Versatility:

Great Oster blender for minamal cost!!

from Du Quoin, IL

Comments about Oster 8-Speed Blender:

When I purchases this blender, I was looking for a low price one to just do smoothies. The Oster stood out because of the materials used, construction and price. The jar is thick glass with a tight fitting lid and feeder cap. The blades are metal and easy to clean. This blender should cost more than it did because of the way it is made. It is easy to clean and assemble. It has 10 basic speeds - grate, blend, grind, liquify, ice crush, puree, chop, whip and mix along with pulse button. I have used it to crush ice without any problems or hesitations. If someone is looking for an inexpensive blender that is made well - this is it. This is the first product I have purchased from Oster and will do so again.