4.1

Pros

Cons

Strong, reliable

Comments about Oster 6686 12-Speed Blender:

Excellent blender for a variety of uses.

Blending Power
This product crushes ice and fruit with ease. The motor is a workhorse
and after 2 years of use is still working like new.

The blade assembly unscrews from the bottom and everything is put in the dishwasher.
It is easy to re-assmble.

Simple push buttons are intuitive and after blending the jar easily comes off base to pour.

2 years of use and not a bit of problem. I dropped and broke the glass container
but that was quickly ordered from Oster and shipped promptly.

• Versatility:

Middle of the road blender but not bad for the price

Comments about Oster 6686 12-Speed Blender:

This blender is functional, and makes good smoothies that serve one to three people depending on what purpose you are fulfilling.

Blending Power
It takes a little bit of time to blend if you trying to blend multiple fruits and vegetables. You may have to put the ingredients in little by little. It takes a while sometimes to get a truly "smooth" smoothie.

Versatility
There are 12 speeds, so it is functional for many different uses, whether you are making a protein shake or baby food.

It is a little tough to clean the blades by hand. However, this blender is dishwasher safe, and the dishwasher helps makes it spotless and ready to use.

It is easy to use. The buttons are self-explanatory. It is easy to assemble as well.

The blender has a large capacity, up to four cups.

It lasted me throughout three years of use during college. It was used at least five times a week. It even was used improperly several times, meaning it was stuffed to capacity and the blades would not work.

• Versatility:

Best Blender I have ever had, and for a good price.

Comments about Oster 6686 12-Speed Blender:

My husband and I got this after our old blender broke down. We had never tired this brand before but had heard good things about it. The best thing I can say about it is it has a lot of power. I love to make smoothies and this blender can crush ice like it is nothing. It blends every thing fast and very well no matter what it is. If I had one complaint it would be that it can get kind of loud. My husband can hear it outside (our kitchen is right by the patio)

Blending Power
It will crush ice really fast but is a bit loud.

It is dishwasher safe and cleans very easy in it.

Good for occasional use

Comments about Oster 6686 12-Speed Blender:

Nice blender, sometimes it has trouble crushing frozen fruit though.

Blending Power
Better for soft items. I have to add more milk for smoothies than I would like because it struggles to crush some frozen fruit, especially strawberries.

Unsure, I've only had this for 2 months. So far so good!

• Versatility:

Good blender, good options for blending purposes.

from Reynoldsburg, OH

Comments about Oster 6686 12-Speed Blender:

I have the same problems with ice that I've had with every other blender... the ice won't chop and make me some good margaritas. The blender works well otherwise and blended up some nice pesto and some really good gaspacho. I'm pleased, overall.

Blending Power
I'm sure there are more powerful blenders out there, but this one works for me just fine.

Versatility
I have the food processor attachment so this can whip up some pesto, gaspacho, smoothies, etc.

You aren't supposed to wash the big clunky thing that attaches to the food processor, but I do anyway. It comes clean and still works. I'm not mad. :) The buttons kind of keep me from cleaning the base properly but, hey, you can't have it all!

Plug it in and plop the thing on the top. Put food in and put on lid. Push button. Easy. :)

I sometimes get stuff on the base and it's a little weird trying to get some drips off from between buttons but that's my fault as a messy cook. :) The seals seem to close well and keep stuff... uh... sealed. :)

I use it infrequently but weaker blenders would have burned out on my attempts to crush ice, make margaritas, and drink myself silly. It's still ticking and blending like it did the day that I got it.

• Versatility:

Love Love Love this blender!

from Dundalk, MD

Comments about Oster 6686 12-Speed Blender:

I use this blender about 3 times a week for my morning protein shake and it always does a great job.

Blending Power
I put ice cubes and frozen strawberries in and it blends it right up with no trouble.

Versatility
There are 12 speeds plus a pulse switch so you are pretty much sure to find the speed you need. Small round piece comes off of the top if you are working with hot liquid and do not want the steam to build up.

Comes apart blade piece, rubber ring gasket, plastic cylinder and lid for easy cleaning. Blades are sharp so do not immerse them in dishwater or you may accidentally cut yourself.

Alway blends whatever I put in. Makes a nice thick protein shake when lots of ice is added.

Easy to use and clean.

I have had this blender for about 5 yrs and use it several times a week. I have totally gotten my money's worth from it and still works like new.

• Versatility:

Pretty good, but not the best

Comments about Oster 6686 12-Speed Blender:

This blender does the job. It takes a little longer to thoroughly blend (compared to more expensive blenders), but it's more than good enough for someone who just wants to make smoothies every once in awhile. It can also make really good mashed potatoes.

Blending Power
It's not the strongest blender in the world, but it can still blend things like frozen fruit and ice

Versatility
There are quite a few options for how you want to blend

just pop it in the dishwasher

It's pretty easy to use (if a little difficult to put together)

It looks pretty nice and has no major design flaws

I've had this blender about a year and a half, and it's doing perfectly fine