3.5

Pros

Cons

Compact and Works Great!

Comments about Oster 6-Speed 250 Watt Hand Mixer:

The only reason this doesn't get a 10 is because it's a pretty low end mixer, and fairly inexpensive. BUT I love it, and it is perfect for our tiny kitchen that doesn't have counter space for a stand mixer. It came with a few attachments - the beaters, a whisk, and kneading hooks. It stores well because it is small and it has a cord retractor button for the electric plug. I use it for all kinds of things, and it has plenty of power for all of my mixing needs.

Mixing Performance
I have never used it over power three. It beats and blends everything really well. I think power six would make it hard to hang onto.

The attachments come out easily with the push of a button. I just stick them in the dishwasher and they are wearing fine. And it's black, so it already looks clean. But it is also easy to wipe off.

The on/off switch was a little tricky to get used to at first. I would turn it on pushing the button too far - starting on power three instead of one. But I have figured out the trick to getting it on.

I love the cord keeper button function.

Mine is three years old, and it's still like new. I've even dropped it a few times, and it works great!

Not bad. Not impressed.

from florida, USA

Comments about Oster 6-Speed 250 Watt Hand Mixer:

Overall, this Oster 6 speed mixer does the job (most of the time), but is not anything special. It is bulkier and heavier than the Kitchen Aid hand mixer I have, so my kids cannot hold it when they want to help.

Mixing Performance
For everyday, easy jobs, this mixer works just fine. Things like cookie dough, cake batter, and other things of those consistencies are not a problem. However, mixing tougher substances can pose a problem. For example, with my Kitchen Aid mixer I can actually make and knead bread dough, but with this Oster, I cannot. It just does not have enough power to knead the bread. Also, speed "1" is actually much faster than I expected it to be. I did not like that at all because some things need to be mixed at a much slower pace.

Put mixers in dishwasher. Wipe down the body.

For me, it was easy to use. Like I said earlier, bulkier and heavier than a Kitchen Aid 6 hand mixer, but not THAT big of a problem. Unless your kids like to help mix. My 3 and 4 year olds just could not hold it upright for any length of time.

It seems pretty durable. I have only had it for about 6 months. But so far, so good.

Eggs Love This

Comments about Oster 6-Speed 250 Watt Hand Mixer:

I use this every morning for omelettes, and occasionally when I bake cakes. It's quick and gets the job done well. The design goes with my stainless steel kitchen, so it doesn't look as bad when I leave it on the counter. It doesn't splatter the food anywhere and isn't too rough. The beaters aren't too bad to clean, but some batter will get stuck in the cracks.

Osters 2577 hand mixer is good to use everyday

from Mount Juliet, TN

Comments about Oster 6-Speed 250 Watt Hand Mixer:

The Oster Hand mixer model number 2577 is a good product. The mixer comes with a few extra mixing accessories. The hand mixer has six speeds and a power boost button. The product is powerful for things I need to use it for - maahed potatoes, cake mixes. I like that the product is lightweight and easy to pull out of the cabinet on a daily basis. The button to disengage the beaters is a little problematic for me. There is not actually a button that you can see. You just have to push a certain spot (it has a picture of the beaters) on the hand mixer to get the beaters to loosen. I have a bit of difficulty with this. I would rather have an actually button or knob that you could move. The cord is supposed to automatically go back into the mixer when you are done. This does not actually work. So my cord is just wrapped around the blender. This is the biggest problem I have with this little mixer.