Other Toaster Ovens:

Oster 6-Slice Toaster Oven

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

My Oster toaster oven is my most favorite kitchen appliance.

I received the Oster 6 slice toaster oven as a Christmas gift from my daughter. It was the best gift she could have ever purchased for me. It has a large non stick interior,It comes with removable/reversible wire racks, a baking pan and broiling tray. The crumb tray is removable.It has conventional baking, broiling, toasting and warming, and convection baking as well. It heats up almost instantly and cooks effectively in less time. I am pleased I don't need to wait for my apartment to cool down after using the toaster oven to prepare meals. It is a must have for cooking breakfast for a family. You can get a lot of different items cooking all at once. I have prepared a lot of pizzas in this oven with no problems due in fact to a feature called pizza fit. Its a slightly extended rounded area along the back of the unit to accommodate a round pizza.The Oster brand is very reputable. I would highly recommend the Oster toaster oven to anyone looking to save time and money.

Oster Toaster oven ok at best

I was excited when I recieved my Oster Toaster Oven, since there is only 2 of us I would be able to bake small items, use the broiler and make toast all in one appliance without heating up the whole kitchen.  The outside of this appliance gets extremely hot and you have to be careful like any toaster to keep stuff away from it.  Toast is my primary use for it and I like my toast on the darker side (dark gold not black) putting the toast mode on I put it about 1 notch over medium and my toast comes out with stripes on the bottom, and burn spots on the top.  Cheese toast fairs a little better because I put it on broil mode and I stand and watch it.  The broiler does take a bit longer than using my ovens broiler so I'm not really sure that the oven heats up the kitchen in that short amount of time.  Does a good job on the hot dogs and we like that we can cook the hot dogs and brown the buns at the same time if I use a smaller pan for the dogs. I would probably not replace this one with another and I probably wouldn't gift it to someone else who wanted one.

Tried to make toast, yada yada yada, my fire extinguisher works!

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Oster 6-Slice Toaster Oven:

My rating would have been higher a week ago... and we have owned this toaster oven for at least 7 years, probably more like 10. However, I made toast in it the other day, and started a fire! I understand some of the newer models have safety mechanisms that prevent this, so I will definitely be opting for one of those to replace this one.

Other things I dislike: 3 knobs to set to make toast. The door doesn't close all the way (at least, not anymore. I can't remember if it did when we first started using it). No seal on the door. Things I do like: 7+ years with a small kitchen appliance at this price point ain't bad! Temps up to 450, and broil feature: Yes, please!

Safety
Yes, I am the hazard that created a fire. But the toaster let it happen!

7+ years, 1 fire, and this workhorse is still toasting along

is it me, or does the door not close all the way?

• Safety:

A great size toaster oven!

from Guilford, CT

Comments about Oster 6-Slice Toaster Oven:

I searched for a replacement toaster oven and I came across this great Oster 6 slice toaster oven on sale. I was pleasantly surprised at how great this one works compared to my older Black & Decker model. It doesn't take up that much more space but it sure does perform like a bigger oven. This model is able to easily fit a small pizza, several bagels and heats up food wonderfully. I find that this model also is alot easier to clean with the removable crumb tray. I have used the convention mode and have baked small amount of cookies very easily.

All we needed

from Boise, ID

Comments about Oster 6-Slice Toaster Oven:

Here in my household we really need a toaster oven. We love how fast it cooks things, and we use it almost daily, for toasts, Pop Tarts, bread, leftover pizza... so, when we moved we wanted to buy a really good toaster oven, and Oster was always a brand we trusted. So we chose this model, mainly because of its size: you can bake a whole 12 inches pizza on it, and it has a "pizza mode" that really bakes the pizza really good, with crispy crust and melted cheese.

The main thing of toaster ovens is that they preheat way faster than regular ovens, wich saves time and money. So being able to bake pizza in a toaster oven is great.

Another awesome thing about this model is that it is also a convection oven. So, when you need to reheat something, that is the best function. Since we don't cook much meat in our house, I never did anything like meat or chicken using this function, but it works for burgers and similar. It's fast and cooks evenly.

This toaster oven don't have digital controllers. It's the good old knob system. It has three knobs: temperature (up to 450 f), mode (broil, warm, toast, pizza, convection oven) and the timer, that goes up to 60 minutes, then shuts off by itself.

The broil also works fine.

It has one shelf, and a easily removable crumb tray. The only problem is, since you can pull the crumb tray from the front, some crumbs always get stuck in the oven door, and it's hard to remove them, so sometimes I'll just flip the whole oven and shake them off.

Another problem is the door, behing the handle you use to open it there's a metal surface that gets really, really hot. So I've burned my fingers accidentally there, when going for the handle to open the door.

Overall we love this product and wouldn't change it so far.

Safety
There is a metal area on the glass door (right behind the handle) that sometimes overheat and you can burn your hands when opening the door.

You can't open the machine from behind, and the coils make it hard to clean the bottom of the stove.

First experience with a Toaster Oven and it's amazing

from Chattanooga, TN

Comments about Oster 6-Slice Toaster Oven:

My husband bought me this toaster oven for Christmas last year and I have fallen in love with it. We had a regular two slice toaster oven that I loved but it died right before Christmas and since we have two children, we decided that we needed to upgrade. I probably use this toaster oven 3-4 times a week now and it's so easy to use. I love the fact that I can do pretty much anything in it that I typically do in the oven without heating up the entire house! I can't wait until summer when I can cook without making the house hotter!! We mainly use it for breakfast (toast and bagels) but it's such a help when it's lunchtime and the kids are super hungry. I can just throw in two pieces of toast with a piece of cheese in the middle and you have a grilled cheese in a matter of minutes! Beware, it does get really hot though...I have already burned myself. Would definitely recommend!

Oster Does the Job

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Oster 6-Slice Toaster Oven:

I've owned 3 or 4 toaster ovens. My family loves them! It's so nice to be able to do cheese toast or pizza or even reheat leftovers without cranking up the big oven. (We don't use a microwave.) Anyway, we use the toaster oven at least once a day. We bought this one about eight months ago and haven't had a single problem with it. We love the black and silver...matches our kitchen appliances, and it fits perfectly in an out-of-the-way corner. The tray in the bottom is easy to pull out and clean...it's not even black yet...when I scrub it, it still looks brand new, unlike some of the other toaster ovens we've owned. My only negative about this unit is the bell...when your toast is ready, the whole house knows about it. Wish I could turn down the volume on the "ding."

A must have in appliances.

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Oster 6-Slice Toaster Oven:

I grew up without knowing a toaster oven existed! When I was introduced to this item, I knew I had to have one. I purchased this wtih it's matching Microwave and have used it so much that I'm surprised it hasn't died on me. I use it for toast, buns, broiling and even for pies! There was also a period of two weeks when my oven wasn't working so I relied on this little guy to take care of all the baking needs. The price is fair, the product looks great, takes up not much room and can do the work of a regular sized oven. There are many pros with this item but there are also some cons. I know most only come with one small cookie sheet pan, it would be nice if these accessories were readily available. This is also not an easy clean item on the inside. I have some stains that I can't seem to clean making it not look so great on the inside. There have been some uneven cooking moments, especially with toast, it somtime tends to cook crispier towards the back sometimes burning the edges.

Oster Toaster Oven cooks meals like an oven

from Gainesville, FL

Comments about Oster 6-Slice Toaster Oven:

This wonderful toaster oven was one of my wedding gifts in 2007. We use it almost every day! There is just my husband and I in our house right now, so when we want to cook up some chicken fingers or a small casserole, this oven is perfect to use. It uses less electricity than the large oven and doesn't heat the house. I love how spacious it is inside the oven. I have no trouble fitting glass baking dishes in it, several pieces of bread or chicken. I really like the cooking options - there is a wide range of heating methods and temperatures. You can also set the cook timer. The only down side is that at times I notice some uneven cooking, but this is only noticable on pieces of bread or meat. I just know to check it mid-way through the cook time and move things around if need be. It is definitely worth the purchase!

Was great while it ovened

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Oster 6-Slice Toaster Oven:

Of all the great inventions of the twentieth century, the toaster oven has to be near the top, at least for kitchen appliances. Having used many a toaster oven, I've got to say the most important factors to judge them on are toasting quality, size and reliability. As I think plagues many toaster ovens, the toasting quality is mediocre. Yes, it will toast break and multiple slices, but does not have the same even toasting you might get from a conventional vertical toaster. I think it's because of the uneven distribution of heating elements on the top and bottom. Size wise this is classified as a six slice toaster, but they would have to very small slices. You'll be able to toast 4 slices comfortably. Reliability? Mine broke. The thermstat no longer works, so I can only toast. Overall, this is a fine toaster, but since it broke, I can't rate it any higher.

Oster 6-Slice Toaster Oven is a handy kitchen appliance.

from Reading, PA

Comments about Oster 6-Slice Toaster Oven:

This 6 slice toaster is a replacement for a smaller one, and I do really like that I can cook up to 3 English Muffins at once,  that a small casserole dish will fit inside, and that the crumb tray is easy to remove.  However, I do not like the size of this unit - it is not only too tall, it is very deep.  I like the ability to control the temperature and whether all the coils are heating or not, but it takes too long to toast.

Great little oven

from Louisville, KY

Comments about Oster 6-Slice Toaster Oven:

I love my toaster oven.  Until last year I never owned one.  It is the best investment I have ever made in a kitchen appliance.  It helps me so much to prepare hot snacks, breakfasts and lunches for my children.  I not only use it to make toast, but I make toasted sandwiches, tuna melts, mini-pizzas using flatbreads as a base, and heat frozen appetizers.  I have even used it to bake a small pumpkin cake.  It is great not to have to turn on my large oven for a few small items that need to be heated.  This greatly helps us to save energy.  I love the adjustable tray in my Oster toaster oven and the removable drip pan for ease of cleaning.  The outside of the unit does get hot when in use.  I have placed mine on my countertop where my younger children cannot reach it to avoid any potential burns.  I like the fact that I can toast six slices of bread at one time.  This is a great help when you have four hungry little people waiting on toast first thing in the morning.