4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

A Great Toaster that's Affordable

This Oster 4 slice toaster is great for everyday toasting of waffles, bread, english muffins, bagels, pop tarts, toaster struedel, etc.
I like that this toaster has wide slots for...Read complete review

I like that this toaster has wide slots for bagels and it also has a button for bagels so that the one side gets toasted lighter than the other side. This is a good feature for bagels and english muffins.
I also like that the cord is retractable for easier storage.
This toaster also does have the crumb trays underneath that you can remove for cleaning.
I would say that any setting over 3 is going to start to burn the toast, but I know to keep it at 3.
We have owned this toaster for a couple years now and it still works perfectly. It's an affordable toaster that has some of the more expensive features.
This toaster is worth checking out if you are looking for a new toaster.

Burns things on low settings -but great retractable cord!

We received the Oster 4-Slice Bagel Toaster with Retractable Power Cord as a wedding gift and had been really excited about it.  Our old toaster was terrible.  Aside from the nice looks of the this toaster, the easy clean-up and the retractable cord, we haven't been that impressed.

*First the good:*

The toaster **looks** great.  When we do leave it out on the counter, which isn't often, it goes with everything. It doesn't take up a huge amount of space.

The toaster cleans easily. It has this tray that you can remove to clean up crumbs.  And it actually works. So it doesn't make the huge mess and leave behind a lot of crums like many toasters do.

It really does fit bagels well.  And I like to eat bagels so it's nice that they get good coverage and don't get stuck.

*Second the okay:*

While I happen to be  a fan of the retractable cord, it doesn't really work all that well. I find myself having to fight with it and pull it all the way out in order to get it to go back in. And even then I have to kind of force it.  BUT, I still really like that I don't have to deal with cords when storing this toaster.

*Finally the bad:*

Ok, so I like my things lightly toasted.  My partner however prefers things toasted what I would call normally.  For the first several months, this toaster did just fine. Now it burns things on a setting of 2.  That's highly disappointing. So to use the Oster 4-Slice Bagel Toaster, we really have to stand there and watch our food.  I guess that's what you get for the price (in our case free, but in general it's a very reasonably priced toaster).

A lot of great features for an economically priced item

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about Oster 4-Slice Retractable Cord Toaster:

This toaster has a lot of features for the price. I like that you can toast four slices at once and that you can have two different settings. I happen to like my toast just barely toasted and my husband likes his a little darker. This toaster allows us to make toast to both of our likings quickly. It is also great when we have the nieces and nephews over because we can make large amounts of toast fairly quickly. I also like that you can easily fit in and toast things like waffles, english muffins and bagels without fear they will get stuck or get burnt

Toasting Evenness
Overall, not bad. The middles do tend to take longer and if you have it at a higher setting, it could cause the edges to be darker than you want.

About the same as most other toasters. It does seem to "trap" a lot of crumbs, but they are fairly easy to get out without creating a major mess.

Holds up well to getting put in and out of the cabinet under the counter.

I especially love the retractable chord. I don't have a lot of space in my kitchen or for storage, so this is perfect.

Serves the purpose

from chicago Illinois

Comments about Oster 4-Slice Retractable Cord Toaster:

This toaster serves the purpose. It is not high tech or super savvy. I like that aspect of it. It is somewhat larger to me, in comparison to other 4 slice toasters I have owned. it seems to be very bulky to me, taking up a lot of counter space. Not a good thing, especially if you are limited in counter space to begin with. The best feature of this toaster is the retractable cord that it has. I really love that feature, as I have one less cord on my counter top to worry about.

Toasting Evenness
it does a decent job of toasting, however it takes a bit longer in my opinion.

Safety
This one does not have the cool touch feature to it, so you have to be aware of it

Somewhat easy to clean, as it does have the bottom drawer that opens so that everything drops to the bottom.

It has held up pretty good for my family. I have been somewhat pleased with how this toaster performs

Simple design, nothing spectacular. It does the job.

Great Toaster!

Comments about Oster 4-Slice Retractable Cord Toaster:

This toaster definitely delivers a good and solid capability of toasting up a variety of items. I've tried anywhere from bread, bagels, waffles, Poptarts- basically anything that will fit! It gets the job done and provides a delicious outcome.

Toasting Evenness
The toasting and defrosting options give more variety and use to the product. The heating in the product ensures evenness on both sides of the item put in to toast.

Safety
Never had any problems with the toaster. The retractable cable makes it safe for tangle cords or tripping over it at anytime.

Love the bottom shelf that gathers crumbs. This makes it very simple to clean the majority of the toaster.

It's a little on the bulkier side for a small kitchen appliance, so it may knock around a little bit depending on the storage of the unit itself, but it holds up relatively well.

The design is sleek and cool. It's a tad bulky, but makes up for the fact with a retractable cord.

Many sensible features

Comments about Oster 4-Slice Retractable Cord Toaster:

I absolutely love this toaster! Wide slice compartments are a must for any toaster I purchase. This one has four and they can be adjusted to the beads thickness which helps it to toast evenly every time. A wonderful feature included in this toaster is the toast lift which can be used to elevate the breads up for easy retrieval. I've burnt my fingers too many times on other types of toasters trying to retrieve my items that were too short. Or I've butchered the items into little bits trying to get them out. The lift feature on this Oster toaster has eliminated all that unpleasantness. Another nice thing about this toaster is the slide out cleaning trays. We all know how many crumbs make there way to the bottom of toasters and what a pain it can be to get them all out. Some toasters have little doors at the bottom that swing open and the crumbs fall out. I like the design on this Oster toaster much better. I can keep the toaster right where it is and pull the little trays completely out and easily discard the collected crumbs. That's much better then having to take the entire toaster with me of which normally would result is a large mess. I'm not the type of person to gift toasters but if it was on someones wish list, I'd get them this one.

Worlds best toaster

Comments about Oster 4-Slice Retractable Cord Toaster:

You can put everything in here to toast its large enough to fit an Einstein bagel. The toaster is really easy to clean because it has a slide out tray which is so convenient and you don't have to look into your crumb filled toaster any more. You shouldn't put it too high because food will burn, but once you use it you will become accostomed as to how high to set it.

Toasting Evenness
Everything comes out looking symmetrically toasted.

Safety
Nothing dangerous about this toaster it also has a retractable cord.

The best thing about it is the slide out tray!!

I haven't dropped it yet but my kids have pushed I around a bit and its holding up fine.

All my appliances are black and it fits in beautifully.

Good Toaster

Comments about Oster 4-Slice Retractable Cord Toaster:

This toaster works well and cooks the toast great. It is quick and cooks my toast and other things perfect. Just have to watch the settings as to how done you like your toast and what not. I would recommend this to someone if they were looking to buy a new one.

• Toasting Evenness:

Nice toaster and retractable cord is a plus!

Comments about Oster 4-Slice Retractable Cord Toaster:

I really enjoy using this toaster. My only quip is that it is a tad bulky and if I didn't have a place to store it (since I don't leave it on the counter) I would wonder what to do with it. The retractable cord is a great option since I am notorious for pulling out or damaging cords when I package things away, so all I have to do is tug on the cord and it retracts, with some guidance, back into the product- so convenient!

Toasting Evenness
I like this toaster, but on some thin slices of bread one side gets more toasted than the other.

Safety
The housing gets very warm during cooking, so be aware of grazing it or of little hands that may want to get their toast themselves!

I basically just flip it upside down over the trash and wipe clean with a cloth- very easy.

It handles being unpackaged and packaged several times a week (since I don't like leaving appliances on the counters) so the retractable cord does wonders to help with this and make sure that I don't damage it with all the moving around.

I like the design, but wish it was just a tad less bulky.

Okay Toaster

from Warrensburg, MO

Comments about Oster 4-Slice Retractable Cord Toaster:

I needed a new toaster to replace an old one and got this one for my birthday. It looks good, but it's not as great as I was expecting. My first attraction to the toaster was the retractable cord. However it doesn't retract as far in as I would like and leaves several inches sticking out still. I haven't really had anything with a retractable cord, so I guess I was expecting more. I also noticed (which was the main reason I replaced my other toaster) was the uneven toasting. 3/4 of the toast would be darker than the other 1/4. This happened no matter which way I put anything in. I also learned that you have to set this very low, otherwise it burns very easy. I like that it has 4 slots. But I can also cook just two pieces if I like. This makes it easy to cook as many pieces as needed for my family. It's a very nice design as well. My other toaster was a little bulky. This one seems to have nice clean lines making it easy to fit on the counter in between other things while taking up minimal space.

Toasting Evenness
Never seems to toast evenly. And things start to burn as low as 3.

A Great Toaster that's Affordable

from Livin' on the edge of the world, FL

Comments about Oster 4-Slice Retractable Cord Toaster:

I also like that the cord is retractable for easier storage.
This toaster is worth checking out if you are looking for a new toaster.

A great everyday toaster

from Necedah, WI

Comments about Oster 4-Slice Retractable Cord Toaster:

The Oster four-slot toaster is a great toaster for everyday use. We have had our toaster for nearly two years and have been very pleased with it. It's extremely simple to use. We have burned food a few times with this toaster, but overall, it toasts very well. It does not have a retractable cord, but the cord is short enough that this is not much of a bother.

I will say that this toaster is a little difficult to clean. There is a lot of space around the tops of each slot where crumbs can fall. It's difficult to get to all of those little crumbs. The toaster does have crumb trays at the bottom, which helps the cleaning process for that part of the toaster.

Overall, though this toaster is a great choice for a family!