4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Good for small jobs

The Oster 2-Speed Handheld Blender is an inexpensive addition to your kitchen basics for things like smoothies, shakes, mashing potatoes, blending soups and making textured baby food. Unlike a more expensive immersion blender, I found the Oster 2-Speed Handheld Blender lacking the power to completely puree foods or fine crush ice. It makes an easy milkshake, add milk, ice cream, flavored syrup and even some cookie pieces, the handheld blender can go directly into the cup you plan to serve the shake in. The 2 speed options allow for a thicker, chunkier mix or one a little smoother. I love to use this for my mashed potatoes, add the potatoes, butter and milk into a large bowl and mix. It makes a textured potato my family loves! Clean up is simple, I put some warm soapy water in a deep cup and run the mixer for a few seconds.

Budget blender, broke after six months

The Bottom Line: This Oster 2-Speed Handheld Blender is an average budget blender that is good enough for small blending tasks, but is not solid enough for frequent use. The plastic part of the blade piece broke after less than six months.

Blending Power
The 250 Watt motor is good enough for small jobs like for chopping soft vegetables for soup inside a pot, but it does struggle with denser vegetables like carrots and parsnips.

Versatility
I feel that this blender does not have enough power to be used for making soups that have denser vegetables. Other than using this blender to chop soft vegetables for a soup, there is not much else you will be able to do with it.

This Oster blender is not very well design and has two major flaws: the first one is the width of the handle, which is very large and round and makes it more difficult to hold. A thinner, more streamlined handle would have made this blender much easier to use. The second flaw is that the part that attaches the blade shaft to the main body of the blender is made of poor quality plastic. My blender broke at that level while chopping and blending soft vegetables for a soup. It split all along the plastic part, which means that the blade shaft could no longer stay attached to the motor part. I was not able to replace it (which would have cost more than to buy a brand new blender), so in the trash it went.

After six months of somewhat frequent use for soups, the blade shaft broke, and I had to buy a brand new unit (but not another Oster).

Good for small jobs

from IN

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Precise Control

Cons

• Not Powerful

• Cooking
  • Drinks
  • Small Kitchen

Busted budget blender...

from Troy NY

Comments about Oster 2-Speed Handheld Blender:

The upside of this blender, it's inexpensive ... the downside of this blender, it's cheap. It broke after a grand total of four uses. The manufacturer replaced it, and the replacement broke after another ten uses. However, as we mainly used this in our camping / rv-ing travels, we could not get a warranty replacement for the second busted unit. Plus the customer service agent on the phone call about the second busted unit was very rude, as if it was our fault their blender fell apart. Disappointing.

Blending Power
The Oster 2-Speed Handheld Blender boasts a 250 watt motor, and for the few times that it was in working order, it was able to crush ice cubes with ease.

Versatility
Versatile, could be used for cocktails, smoothies, protein shakes, soups, etc.

Very bulky, not easy to store.

Terrible durability. To get a total of fourteen uses out of two units is unheard of. It just goes to show that nothing good is cheap and nothing cheap is good.

• Versatility:

Oster 2-Speed Handheld Blender blends like the big guys!

from Canton, OH

Comments about Oster 2-Speed Handheld Blender:

The Oster 2-Speed Handheld Blender may be small. But don't let that fool you. It packs a punch! It is really a strong little blender. I love making my own pasta sauces and this is the best little blender to use in the pot to blend my sauces. It's also wonderful for smoothies and shakes. Including diet shakes and protein drinks. You can even mix cocktails. It's even strong enough to chop ice. It blends perfectly and evenly.

Blending Power
The Oster 2-Speed Handheld Blender has lots of power despite it's small size.

Versatility
Very versatile. It's great for smoothies, shakes, sauces, protein drinks, salsas and so much more.

Clean up is so easy. I just immerse the unit into hot soapy water and press the button a couple times and then do the same thing in rinse water.

So easy anyone can use it.

I like the design. It fits nicely in the palm of your hand.

So far it seems to be durable. I haven't had it for long. But I don't expect any problems with it at all.

I am loving it!

Comments about Oster 2-Speed Handheld Blender:

Oster 2-Speed Handheld Blender 2609, the most recent blender I got over online for a pretty decent price for the brand. I am satisfied if the appliance works for more than a year if I got it for less than twenty bucks, it has been just few months now. It is doing great, works well, easy to clean and store. It comes with a blending and measuring cup that is super awesome and helpful. So far, i have used it to make smoothies, shakes, salsa, blending tomatoes and beans for soup and regular chopping occasionally. I have used it to chop onion and garlic as of now, but I am quite confident it will work well for other veggies too. It is a quick to use appliance which doesn't require any set up. It is good enough to be stored in a drawer or a cabinet and does not take that much of a space when compared to regular blenders. A good purchase for those with small counter tops. I am using this 2 speed blender almost every day now and am very happy with my purchase.

Could do without.

Comments about Oster 2-Speed Handheld Blender:

This is my second Oster hand blender purchase. I purchased one for my mom after she used mine. It is easy to use and easy to clean. I use it for smoothies and shakes, and it crushes ice also. It is a powerful blender for its size. It does have a 250 watt motor. However, there are many things that this tiny blender is not capable of. Storing this item has been a bit of an issue due to its awkward size. Also because it is in addition to my current blender, not in place of. It is not one of the appliances that I want sitting on my kitchen counters. It also comes with measuring cup and dual purpose lid for storage covering.

Versatility
This blender can be used for a variety of different purposes. It does have two different speed settings.

With this blender being so slim and hand held, it makes for an easy clean up.

The design fits well in the hand and is comfortable.

This blender was not designed for daily use.

Budget blender, broke after six months

• Versatility:

Better for smoothies than a typical blender

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Oster 2-Speed Handheld Blender:

This is actually my go-to blender for smoothies. A typical blender seems to require much more liquid to crush ice. Not the case with this handy gadget (pun definitely intended) Easy to hold and clean up is a snap, it pulses at ice, frozen bananas, and other frozen fruit with ease. My particular version came with a bonus food processing container for salsa's as well. I've effectively replaced two appliances with this one. The only gripe I have is that the blades will bend on you if you press down too hard, but that is easily remedied using a pair of needle nose pliers or even a fork to bend them back. Still won't go back to a traditional blender taking up counter space when I can have this in its box and ready to use in a snap.

Blending Power
Crushes ice more thoroughly than my Shark blender.

Smoothies, salsas, marinades...

all other components besides the handheld can go into the dishwasher.

The blades bend a bit, but that can be fixed easy.

• Versatility:

AWESOME, INEXPENSIVE LITTLE POWERFUL BLENDER!

from Port Saint Lucie, FL

Comments about Oster 2-Speed Handheld Blender:

I never had a hand blender before and always had wanted one, I just never actually bought one. I received this as a gift last year from someone who knew I had wanted one. This little thing has A TON of power. As soon as you tap the button it just blasts off, the only downfall is sometimes the button is a little difficult to push (but that doesn't bother me at all) I use it mainly for soups and sauces. Sometimes I don't want a super chunky sauce so I just stick this little sucker in the pot and do a couple quick bursts and it is done. No transferring to a blender and making a mess anymore. I don't know why I never purchased one for myself sooner. And this Oster brand isn't very expensive at all. I had purchased a regular blender years ago and it was also inexpensive and pretty powerful. To clean it I just put it in soapy water and push the button a few times, then run the head under hot water, quick cleanup! You can also remove the head and not worry about the top and submerse it completely under water. If you are in the market, this is a great, powerful, affordable choice.

Easy to use and clean

Comments about Oster 2-Speed Handheld Blender:

We got this when I was pregnant with my first baby so I could get some nutrition in form of smoothies. It has become my primary blender/mixer because it is so easy to clean. I don't ever use my large blender anymore. I even made my daughter's baby food with this! I have had it for over three years and it still works wonderfully! I use it at least once a week and have never had any problems of it overheating. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is low on space to store a large blender. I will purchase again when this one eventually stops working.

Blending Power
It works great for what is is meant to blend. I have not nor would I attempt to blend ice.

Versatility
I use it for smoothies, dinner blending, chopping, and baby food.

If you rinse right after you use, it is easy to clean.

So simple to use! You just clock the handle on and blend away!

This was very well designed. I love the dual feature!

It has lasted me over three years of frequent use so far.

I am loving it!

Comments about Oster 2-Speed Handheld Blender:

It was my first kitchen purchase after marriage and it's totally worth it. Its working great even after 2 years now :) The blender comes with everything you need to blend. It works fast, occupies very little space and looks beautiful. It comes in two speeds - high and low - both not so noisy. It is very easy to use and easy to clean too. I highly recommend it as it offers the best value to your money.