3.8

Cons

This blender is great

from Saint Anthony, ID

Comments about Oster 14-Speed Blender:

I have had this blender for quite a while and it just keeps on going. I have never had any problems with this blender. It crushes ice like crazy and makes awesome smoothies. I used it make all natural baby foods for my son and nothing slowed it down. It blends everything I put in it with no problems whatsoever.

Blending Power
Blends ice easily as well as smoothies, shakes and baby food. This is a very powerful blender.

Versatility
I use this blender to make hot and cold items. It is wonderful when I make cheesy broccoli soup. It makes my soup very smooth without cooling it down at all. I also use it to make baby food, smoothies and milk shakes.

Very easy to clean. The bottom comes of the container so it is easy to make sure that nothing is left and it is easy to sterilize.

Very easy to use. Just fill it and push the button you want and away it goes.

Nice design and I have no problem with letting sit out on my counter for easy access.

I have had this blender for quite a while and have had no problems with it at all. It has never lost it's blending power or bogged down at all.

not a big fan of it

Comments about Oster 14-Speed Blender:

I am not a big fan of it since it never blends any of my curry items. I have to keep using the spoon inside the blender to actually make it work which in turn annoys me! The pitcher is good with thick glass but the bottom part or the plastic base leaks. It has eight toggle switches on the front of the base. It is a 14 speed blender but I hardly use any of those "14" speeds. It all looks the same to me.It is difficult to clean too. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone especially who does more of "Indian" cooking which requires smooth blending of the items. Basically you get what you pay for. If you are looking for an average blender, go ahead and buy it.

• Versatility:

Oster 14-Speed works pretty well.

from Auburn, WA

Comments about Oster 14-Speed Blender:

I was given this Oster 14-Speed Blender by a friend when our old blender stopped working well, so I don't know the price. Given the fact that it's on it's second owner, it works well. It blends things completely, even ice. It has a lot of different settings for pretty much anything you would want to use it for. I like that the container is made of thick glass. It is very sturdy and goes through the dishwasher very well. My only complaint is that you have to set the pitcher into the blender just right or it won't blend at all. It also gives off a sort of burning smell. Once I figured out the correct way to set it in I haven't had any problems. I've made smoothies, salad dressings, baby food, and much more with this blender.

• Versatility:

Love this blender, does its job well

from Dalton, MN

Comments about Oster 14-Speed Blender:

I like this blender a lot, it always gets the job done. I make a lot of smoothies in it and love how easily it chops up the ice and frozen fruit. The pitcher (or whatever you call it) is made of nice thick glass, not like the cheap plastic one i had before this one. It cleans up nicely. The blades are sharp though so be careful. There are 14 speeds. I would be happy with like 4 speeds, but I guess it's nice to have the option. The capacity is 5 cups. I prefer to use my mini food chopper for smaller amounts, like when I'm making baby food, as it's easier to clean and easier to get out and put away. This is only the second blender I've owned so I can't compare it to much, but I am very happy with how it performs, especially how easily it chops up ice. And it's not too expensive (I am always on the lookout for good values). I've had it for about 3 years and haven't had any problems. Would recommend!

This Oster Blender Works Pretty Well

from Renton, WA

Comments about Oster 14-Speed Blender:

I received the Oster 14-Speed Blender as a wedding gift.  I don't use it very often, but when I do it gets the job done.  The first several times I used it I had a hard time getting it to blend properly.  It would make a lot of noise and smell kind of bad, but it didn't seem to actually be blending what was in the pitcher.  What I finally discovered is that the pitcher has to be sitting just right into the base of the blender or it doesn't seem to catch properly to turn the blade.  Its like the motor just spins and spins.  Now that I have figured that out, I have a much easier time using the blender.  I always try to line it up properly with the notches, but it still sometimes takes a couple of tries for me to get the pitcher seated properly.  I'm not sure if it's just my blender that does that or if it's a design flaw.  I have used the blender on a lot of different types of food, and overall it does work well.  I probably would have returned it if it wasn't a gift though.