3.4

3.4

Pros

Cons

Oster 12-Speed Blender 6802- The best we've owned yet

We love our Oster 12-Speed Blender 6802. We have tried the Magic Bullet blender but went back to our Oster 12-Speed Blender 6802 in no time. Our Oster can take anything we throw at it. We primarily use our Oster blender to make smoothies made from frozen vegetables, frozen fruit, flaxseed and water. Many blenders can't handle all the frozen food but our Oster does. I like that there are 12 speed options to choose from, I usually use quite a few when making our smoothies. The only reason I gave this blender four out of five stars is that I have found that our Oster leaks a very small amount when we set it in our fridge. It is enough to be annoying. Our Oster is four years old. Other than that, this blender is just super. It is noisy (but have you ever heard a quiet blender?) but all I care about is that it can blend what I want it to blend to the consistency I desire, and it definitely delivers in that department. If you are looking for a strong, multi-speed blender, then this Oster may be what you are looking for. The pricing on this blender is just right- it isn't the bargain basement blender that will break in a year, nor is it the expensive "luxury" blender. It is right in the middle making it a good option for many.

Good Enough

This blender is OK. It's not my ideal blender, but my dream blender brands just aren't in my budget. This model replaced a blender I'd had for years that brought me nothing but frustration, so for now, I'm happy with my upgrade. I don't use it for much else besides milk-shakes/smoothies, and it gets the job done.

Blending Power
I've had my blender for a few months, and so far it actually manages to blend ice and frozen fruit without leaving too many big chunks (the most frustrating problem with my old blender). I don't imagine it would blend an iPhone as some YouTube famous brands do...but since I only need to make smoothies, and not destroy expensive electronics, I'm satisfied with the blending power for the price.

Versatility
I only use my blender for making smoothies and milkshakes (I have a food processor for other tasks). And it works fine for the tasks I've given it.

The vessel detaches easily from the base for cleaning. I usually just fill it with some hot water and a little dish soap and then blend. Then I'll stick the lid in the dishwasher. I do like to disassemble the vessel from time to time to give it a more thorough cleaning (also in the dishwasher). It comes apart and goes back together much easier than my old blender did. Since clean-up is my absolute least favorite kitchen task, I appreciate that this blender isn't difficult to clean.

I did find it odd that, rather than just having various speeds each have their own button, I have to use a slide button to select either the high or low versions of each button feature. I think that's an extra step that really isn't necessary for a basic-model blender.

Like most blenders, it's pretty ugly. But the glass vessel is nicer than similar blenders with plastic vessels.

The plastic part of the slider button came off the machine the first time I used the blender. We super-glued it back on and haven't had any problems since (with any of the buttons). It would have functioned without the plastic button cover of course, but that's beside the point. Parts should not pop off like that.

Basic Cheap Blender ~ You Get what You Pay For

Profile Image

from North Hanover, NJ

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Stable

Cons

• Not Powerful
  • Unstable

• Drinks

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender:

This is just your basic, cheap blender. Although it does blend well, the blender is not very well made but if you try to blend to much at once or stuff that is more of a thick or hard consistency , it just will not blend it. It is okay if you use it for smoothies or shakes but that is about it. As far as cleaning goes, it is easy to clean. You unscrew the bottom and take off the blades. Clean up is easy with this blender. You can wash it by hand or put it in the dishwasher also. It has several speeds and an ice crusher speed which does not really work well and seems like the blades are going to break off when you use that function, so I do not use it for ice. Average look of a blender, no fancy bells or whistles, just your basic ho-hum blender. If you want a blender that is really going to last , do not buy this one. It is not sturdy and is o the junky side. Go for a better made blender. I do not recommend it except for smoothies.

Works initially, then kaput.

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender:

I wish I could say I recommend this. It looks nice and its spread of functions is good. At first it did what it was supposed to. After a few (less than six) months of not very frequent use, though, it kind of died. At that point it would crush ice but not perform any other functions. Most of the buttons stopped working. Don't know if this is because I pushed it too hard at some point with ice crushing, but really, it's not like I put rocks in there. The only way now that I can get it to puree or grind is to put it on the lowest button function, which is the only thing that works. I can get by with that but I lose the different levels of power, and it's annoying that it happened so early in the product life. The price was pretty good, but I think I should get more than 6 months use out of it. Lost the receipt so can't try for a warranty claim. It is a nice cherry red though and will look nice in front of the tree by the road, where someone may want to pick it up!

it is a simple blender with 12 speeds

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender:

It has the ability to use either the larger blender jar to blend and mix larger batches at any of 12 speeds. t also has a two part lid so that you can add items to the mixture while the blender is. Or it also has a smaller blender jar and different blade if just a small amount of food needs to be chopped or ground up.

Since it has 12 speeds food can be pureed or just chopped

Good blender

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender:

I have been using this blender for almost a year now and am very happy with the results. The only problem I have with this is that it gets if using to make huge amount of batter. In that case I have to do it in batches and by the 3rd or 4th batch the jar gets hot and I need to take a break to let it cool down. I am not sure if the cooling down break is even necessary. Otherwise I am pretty happy with the speed of the blender and the results I get.

An ok blender

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender:

I use this blender every morning to make smoothies with. Blender is low quality and doesn't like to shop up anything frozen or hard. The bottom part of the blender is always coming lose when it spins into place and I often leaks. It does blend everything nicely, but if I have anything that is hard in it I have to put a lot of effort into stopping, stirring, stopping, stirring, stopping, stirring. My suggestion would be if you are buying this just for occasional use it will be fine, but if you need something daily you should invest in one of the expensive blenders if you can. This blender is easy to clean. The bottom unscrews and the blades can be removed. All pieces can be put in the dishwasher for cleaning. This blender has several speeds along with a very high speed button that you pulse for crushing ice. Mine blender is totally made of plastic which is good for not breaking, but I would prefer glass since plastic can leach into your contents if you choose to store the container in the fridge.

• Versatility:

a welcome replacement to my old blender

from Augusta, ME

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender:

the blender we had before (a hamilton beach) was in its death throes after being used consistently used for over 5 years. to be honest thats a pretty long life for a blender, especially when you use it to make smoothies, crush ice and blend herbs into a thin paste. anyway, i was in the market for a new blender, and i finally stumbled in this while it was on sale. mind you, for a sale price, there were many options, but the jar was plastic which i absolutely didnt want. i loved that this jar is made from glass. the lid is a little flimsy, but maybe its the newness of it. the bottom blade part is super easy to clean; it doesnt even need to be dismantled if you just made a simple shake or something. its very powerful and pulverized ice in a few seconds. its graet for making my morning green drinks, and it makes all the veggies and fruits into a fine drink instead of leaving it chunky like other blenders do. this is a good value, especially since i cant afford to invest in a fancy ninja at the moment. if you need a new blender, i reccomend this.

Not Worth It

from Reno, NV

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender:

This blender works great for about the first five times you use it. Then it just becomes a frustrating accessory in the kitchen. We have gone through a few like this because they were inexpensive and we love our daily smoothies. After breaking the sixth one we decided to go for a more expensive and bigger competitor to do the job. The Oster is fine for occasional use, but I don't recommend it for daily use, especially not when making multiple smoothies in a row.

great and reliable

from High Springs, FL

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender:

I bought this blender used 6 years ago and have never had a problem with it.

Blending Power
Never bogs down like some blenders will do under a heavy load.

Versatility
the multiple speads and also has a pulse button and can crush ice cover everything I need to do with it.

Comes completely apart for ease of cleaning. I use a brush to safely clean between the blades.

so many buttons but easy to understand and fun to use.

Well engineered and dependable motor.

I use it frequently. I have an old cookbook fo using the blender to make mayonaise and other things.

• Versatility:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender:

Quality blender with many blending options and easy clean up

powerful with multiple speeds

Versatility
mixing, blending, puree and other capabilities

comes apart with ease for thorough clean up

simple