4.1
Oster
Oster 12-Speed Blender

Oster 12-Speed Blender

4.1

Pros

• Easy to clean (4)
  • Good power output (4)
  • Precise control (4)
  • Good pitcher (3)
  • Stable (3)

• Cooking (5)
    • Casual cook (4)

Oster 12 speed blender

The only thing that keeps me from giving it a '10' is...Read complete review

Especially for the price -- very good 'bang for the buck.'
The only thing that keeps me from giving it a '10' is that the motor heats up if you keep it running for too long.

But 'too long' is subjective! In my case, I was trying to make mayonnaise (for the first time and unsuccessfully.) By the time I was done pouring the thin stream of oil into the recipe, the whole 'glop' was quite hot.
Perhaps I was asking the blender do something for which it was not designed.

Blending Power
Hey! This has power, all right.
I've recently gotten into making shakes, starting out with crushed ice. It handles the job just fine. It goes from 'ice cubes' to 'crushed ice' in less than a minute.

Versatility
I've only asked it to do a few different things, but so far I've only had one failure (the mayonnaise) and I think that was my own fault.

I LOVE how easy it is to clean it!
I fill it a little less than half full with warm water, add a small squirt of dish-washing liquid, and run it on the 'easy clean' setting for about 30 seconds.
For a more thorough cleaning, everything is easy to disassemble, wash, dry, and reassemble.

Very easy to use.
'Add ingredients; poke appropriate button.'

Once in a while, it will start to blend but then only be rotating the ingredients on the very bottom, while the top shows no motion. I give it a shake or turn it off, stir the ingredients with a wooden spoon for a second or two, then turn back on.
I don't think this is a flaw; just the nature of the beast. I've seen Rachel Ray have the same problem and use the same solution and I'm sure her blender is the top of the line.

Well, blenders are pretty much blenders.
But I'm quite happy how mine looks.
It's while and sleek and I have it sitting out on the counter all the time!! It doesn't detract from the look of my kitchen.

Goodness. I'm giving this quite a workout and have had it for quite a while.
It looks and functions just as well as it ever did.

Okay blender

Overall this product is just okay. It was the first blender I ever purchased for myself once moving out. Now I have moved one and purchases a vitamix which is a much better product. Overall though this blender did okay. It's blending power wasn't too great and I had some issues with it in the end not working.

Blending Power
Overall the Blending Power of this blender is not great. It will blend smoothies and milkshakes but the more frozen / hard items you put in it the more it will struggle. Sometimes it would make a burning smell when blending harder items which I did not like.

Versatility
You can blend drinks and such but because the blending power isn't amazing I would be hesitent to do much more.

Overall it is a blender so It is not the easiest to clean. I would not say it was any harder then other blenders though.

This product was very easy to use. It had many different speed settings for different mixing abilities.

The design is okay. It is not very sleek and modern like I really like but it is classic and reminds me of the blender my mother had when i was growing up.

I had some issues with this product after about 2 years of use. It started smoking when in use so I purchased a new blender.

you get what you pay for

from visalia ca

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Precise Control

Cons

• Not Powerful
  • Unstable

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender:

I purchased my Oster 12-Speed Blender and a local mass retail store where i live, i also was smart enough to purchase the warranty. I had to switch this blender out 3 times in one year and they eventually refused to take it back the 4th time. It works just fine to blend soft foods but if you try to blend anything thick or rick it doesn't do well. It didn't blend my foods well at all. it left chunks behind. it also shook and was very unstable on my counter top every time I used it. I would definitely not recommend. I rather pay $20 more and get something that will work and meet my expectations

Amazing Blender

from NC

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Good Pitcher
  • Powerful
  • Precise Control
  • Stable

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender:

I bought this blender about 3 years ago when my husband and I first moved in together. It was the best decision I made. For the price you get a great blender. The only thing it seems to have some trouble with is ice. But I mainly use it for salsas anyways. It's very easy to clean and take apart. I highly recommend this blender.

I have bought 2

from Texas

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Powerful
    • Precise Control

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender:

It was in sale at store and bought it about 5 years ago and a couple of months ago I bought abother one great for. The price

I would buy this blender again

from Breezewood, PA

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
      • Good Pitcher
      • Powerful
      • Stable

• Crushing Ice

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender:

Great for smoothies, making soup base, milkshakes, and many other recipes.

wonderful blender

from bklyn, ny

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• duriable
        • Easy To Clean
        • Good Pitcher
        • Powerful
        • Precise Control
        • Stable

Cons

• none

• Crushing Ice

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender:

i love this blender its strong and it does not stop with lots of ice. it keeps going. blends very smooth and makes a flothy milk shake

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Ok blender

from Livingston tx

Pros

• Capacity
        • Even Mixing

• Blended drinks

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender:

I bought this blender to maje frozen coffees with and smoothies it was good at first but then started smoking and smelling like it was burning .I could have a got a faulty one

Reliable straight forward blender

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender:

The Oster 12-Speed Blender is a good, reliable, simple blender. It does not have any fancy bells and whistles, but it does what it is supposed to as a blender. It has been used regularly for several years with no issues. I like that the jar is made of glass, whereas some similarly priced units have plastic ones.

Blending Power
          The blender works well for liquids, and medium thickness drinks, such as smoothies or thin milk shakes. For thicker items you will need to use a long handled spoon to help even out the consistency, and to push thicker clumps down into the blades, while the unit is off of course.

Versatility
          This a blender, and performs that function well. Although I have used it to chop items on occasion, and to make hummus once, that is not what it was designed for and as such did not perform these functions very efficiently. That said, it did work, it just would be easier to use a device designed for these tasks instead.

The blender disassembles, and cleans easily.

If used strictly as a blender for thin to medium liquids, it is extremely easy to use. You put the items in, making sure there is liquid at the bottom, close the lid, push the button, pour and enjoy!

I really like the elegant, simplistic design; this is what a blender should look like.

I have had this blender for many years, and used, and misused it, regularly with no problems.

Dont waste your money

from hastings, FL

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender:

This blender was the worst blender I have ever owned. It leaks at the bottm where the blade is at, it is not very powerful. I tried to make smoothies for my kids , which was the reason for buying this blender, It would not crush the ice, it didn't mix the items well and it made a huge mess at the base. I took it off tightened the bottom and it still did it every time I Used it. I have tried mixing smoothies, shake mixes and nothing works in this blender. I tried breaking the ice into smaller pieces and adding more liquid and it still would not crush the ice . The blender worked for about three months and then wouldnt come back on. I think this blender is a waste of money. You get what you pay for it. DO NOT BUY.

will not crush ice

does not mix well

once you take the blade part out there is no getting it back in tight enough. The plastic ring doesn't line back up

the bottom blade would not fit right in the bottom

It does the job

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender:

This blender was one of the first purchases my husband and I made when we were furnishing our first apartment. For me it had one requirement, and only one, I needed to be able to make margaritas in it. My husband was more interested in milkshakes. The Oster does what we needed it to do. I had no complaints when I used it to make frozen margaritas. All of the ingredients were well combined and I was almost never left with chunks of ice. For shakes and smoothies it does the job but we have found that it requires more liquid than we might prefer, especially when we make fruit smoothies with the kids. For that reason I don't recommend it for making things like thick sauces and dips unless they contain a lot of oil or other liquid. We bought our Oster almost fourteen years ago and although it doesn't get constant use it does get used fairly often and it is still going strong. We definitely got our money's worth with this blender!

Oster 12 speed blender

Especially for the price -- very good 'bang for the buck.'

Perhaps I was asking the blender do something for which it was not designed.

Blending Power
          Hey! This has power, all right.

Versatility

I LOVE how easy it is to clean it!

Very easy to use.
          'Add ingredients; poke appropriate button.'

Well, blenders are pretty much blenders.
          But I'm quite happy how mine looks.

Goodness. I'm giving this quite a workout and have had it for quite a while.
          It looks and functions just as well as it ever did.