Other Blenders:
6832, 6830
Oster 10-Speed Blender
Rca_2013_normal

Oster 10-Speed Blender

Pros

• Easy to clean (3)
  • Good power output (3)

• Crushing ice (3)
  • Drinks (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (3)

Oster Bleander Works Better Than the Old Smoothie Maker!

In loo of a bleander I had been using a smoothie maker for blender related tasks. Primary uses for our machine were making Margarittas and Smoothies. Considering the Smoothie MAker was marketed for chopping and blending ice and frozen fruit I assumed it would be high quality... it was not. It worked pretty good for a couple of months and then seemed to lose power.

And then I received this Oster Blender as a birthday gift from a frined. We immediatelly put it to the test- made some margarittas. I have to say I was compeltely shocked at the efficiency with which this bleander shopped through ice. It worked far quicker and more consistently than my smoothie maker ever had- even when it was brand new! That I found impressive!

The machine has 10 different speeds for various uses. I like to make waffle mix in it and then simply pour the batter into the waffle machine. It works great for this. The pitcher is of good, heavy quality. It has been dropped on the floor at our home a couple of times with no harm done at all to the pitchen. Clean up is easy- I can throw the pitchen in the bottom rack of the dishwasher and all the other pieces in a basket in the top rack.

I love this machine! I will never buy another margaritta or smoothie machine becuase this blender gets the jon done quicker and better!

Affordable

The blender is detachable and easy to wash, it has a thick glass jar and four very sharp stainless steel blades that can crush ice just fine. The jar stays firm on the base, once it is fixed. It will prepare your smoothies for you but handle it with care, this new model is kind of fragile, the base behaves funny. When the blender is working at high speed the base moves with it a bit and does not stay put, so you have to hold it down with your hand. Then someone complained that her base cracked and she had to replace it, this happened twice and she got frustrated.

Overall, it will blend your smoothie well, just don't expect it to work perfectly on thick vegetables like cabbage, you might not get a super fine paste, there might be grits in it. It cannot blend large volumes of fruits at the same time, you have to load them in batches which can really waste your time, especially when you are in a hurry.
It is a budget blender, so if you are looking for a light smoothie blender that can crush ice and will not dent your wallet, you can give it a try.

Great Blender!

from Cleveland, OH

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Good Pitcher
  • Powerful

Comments about Oster 10-Speed Blender:

This is a great budget-friendly blender. The motor is strong and the blades are powerful. It's also easy to select the proper setting for what you are preparing. This blender is great at crushing ice and also makes great smoothies. Everything is well blended and or liquified appropriately. Clean up is also very easy, simply rinse with warm water immediately after use. The blender cup is easy to take apart to facilitate thorough cleaning.

Amazing blender

from Houston

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
    • Powerful

• Cooking

Great product

Affordable

from Outside US

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
      • Powerful

• Small Kitchen

Comments about Oster 10-Speed Blender:

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

My Favorite Blender

Comments about Oster 10-Speed Blender:

I have purchased numerous blenders over the years, and the Oster 10 Speed Blender is my favorite blender to date. I typically do smoothies in the mornings and this guy has been my main blending source daily for over a year.
        What I love about this blender is that it can handle anything I throw into it. It will crush ice and frozen fruits without any issues. There are multiple speeds that allow you to blend out to almost any desired consistency.
        The motor is a very good quality one. I have been using this every day for over a year and it is just as powerful today as the day I bought it.
        The reservoir is very large, which is nice when you are trying to blend larger vegetables and fruit.
        The only flaw I can find with this blender is that it tends to be rather loud. This could be an issue if you are the early bird making breakfast and the rest of the household is sleeping.
        Overall this is a great blender.

Great for fruit/veggie smoothies

Comments about Oster 10-Speed Blender:

I bought this blender in best buy because my magic bullet wasn't cutting it anymore. I wanted a blender for making fruit and vegetable smoothies. Usually blenders are pretty disappointing at this but I love this blender. It struggles a little with ice but eventually gets it crushed pretty small. Its great at blending the fruits and vegetables, even when they are frozen. There are not a whole lot of big chunks because it does a good job of moving around all of the contents, not just whats on the bottom like most blenders. I've also used it for milkshakes for my boyfriend and he loves them because they come out creamier than our magic bullet. I've tried all of the settings and they all do exactly what I would expect them to do and it is much easier to clean than the magic bullet as well. I was very surprised at the durability because my boyfriend accidentally got a fork stuck in it while it was running and the next time we used it it was like nothing had happened.

• Versatility:

Great for crushing, chopping and blending

Comments about Oster 10-Speed Blender:

I use my Oster Blender 10 speeds for crushing ice for summer drinks, frozen food, and fruits and even made sauces. It is quite loud but besides the noise it’s a solid build blender, has a nice big opening for putting large fruit pieces, dish washer safe and a solid glass structure. This blender is great for crushing, chopping and blending and with its easy push button controls the kids are able to use it as well under adult supervision. The 10 speeds featured in this Oster Blender match my needs, as its speed settings deliver a variation of blends to suit how I want to prepare some recipes. It gives quick quality results so that I can have my drinks or sauces blended in a matter of minutes to the consistency I want. The Oster Blender glass jar is scratch resistant and other key features included with the Oster Blender is that it is durable, top quality Oster brand and was designed to do any blending task.

Good basic Blender.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Oster 10-Speed Blender:

We got this blender and used it for a few years before I upgraded and in that time I was pleasantly surprised with how well it worked. This is an inexpensive blender that does all the basic things that you could need of it. My kids love to spend their extra time coming up with weird drinks and they used this blender a lot to mix fruits and vegetables to make a lot of interesting drinks. It is great for fruit, but it does not really get ice blended as well as you would like. If you are making a drink with ice you have to blend it for a very long time (a few minutes straight) before it becomes pretty creamy and does not have too many ice chunks left in it. This blender was also great to make dips in, I liked to use it to make a lot of dips for parties when a sporting event was going on or we had a lot of company over, it made it really quick and easy. Like any other blender it is a bit difficult to wash as getting into all the cracks and crevices of it can be a little bit difficult. It is very easy to use though and does serve its purpose rather well.

Oster Blender

Comments about Oster 10-Speed Blender:

This is a great Christmas Present or just a great present for anytime. It has the power to do what you want in no time at all. Also looks very nice on countertop. Mix up, Chop up, Whip up, or blend up one of your favorite treats at ease.

Blending Power
        Has the power to do almost anything in no time at all. It does the work fast with no hesitation. Guaranteed to make you up something fast on the way out the door.

Versatility
        The one thing is it isn't very good at multi tasking if you don't want the drink or food mixed together in one. If you however, want to chop ice and mix a drink it can do that at the same time with no problem.

This blender has a self cleaning button which allows the blender to clean itself. Works great just be sure to rinse and wash and your ready to begin to make your drinks.

The Oster is very easy to use with simple instructions even a kid could understand.

Nice, and sleek. Makes the kitchen countertop look very nice.

Very durable built to be used and still last.

• Versatility:

The perfect blender that crushes, dices, and purées all in one.

Comments about Oster 10-Speed Blender:

This blender is by far the best I have ever owned. In fact I love this blender so much that I purchased another one for my second home. I just couldn't be without it. My first Oster blender of this model is two years old and still going strong. The blades re still quite sharp and can handle cubed ice like it's nobody's business. Best of all I love the glass pitcher because it doesn't get stains from any of the chilies I like purée on this thing. I also don't have to worry about the taste sticking to the plastic causing all other blended foods like fruits to taste like the previous blended foods. I really do recommend this blender to anyone. It's quite affordable and a good investment.

Blending Power
        Veggies, fruit, ice this thing works like a champ in pureeing, chopping, blending.

Love the glass pitcher. It doesnt stain or take on the flavor from other foods.

Owned my first Oster for two years and it's still going strong. I purchased a second one for my other home!

Good work horse.

Comments about Oster 10-Speed Blender:

I use this a lot for making soups and sauces. I love the glass pitcher, its thick so I don't feel I have to be overly careful. I have not had one instance where I felt it could have done better.

Blending Power
        I have experienced no difficulties in the power. It has successfully done everything I have needed it to.

Versatility
        I use it on fruits, veggies, what ever. I make smoothies for meal replacements and shakes using thawed frozen fruit. It is marvelous.

This is much easier to clean than my previous blender. I have no trouble taking it apart and it doesn't leak when I put it back together.

I love this item. I loaned it out and couldn't wait for it to come back because I use it so much. The buttons and commands are simple and accurate.

The design is standard I think. I see nothing special or negative about the design. It is easier to clean since I can get my hands inside easily.

I have had it 3 years now and it is just like the day I got it. It doesn't show any wear and works just like it did. I has held up quite well.