3.4
Other Snacks & Cookies:
Orville Redenbacher
Orville Redenbacher - Popcorn

What happened???

Orville used to be the best brand on the market. I've been using it for decades. Now, it's pops up in dry, small kernels full of hulls. I need to find another brand.

LA

No good for air popper

I use an air popper - this popcorn brand always leaves a huge amount of unpopped kernels at the bottom of my popcorn bowl - the popcorn tastes dry and stale - I thought the first jar was just a fluke so so bought a second jar- same thing - hate it and I would never recommend it. I found cheaper popcorn with much better results.

Ottawa Canada

Not again

I will not waste money on this again.

South Central Kansas.

false

To many hulls in this popcorn, have used in the past any was

Have used Orville Redembacher for any years. This is the worst jar I have ever gotten. It has dry hull pieces in every bite. So many hulls impossible to enjoy. Off to the store to find a better popcorn.

Scott,Ohio

false

My favorite popcorn for my popper!

Orville Redenbacher knows how to make the best kernels for popping, especially when you have the same brand oil and a good popper. All of the kernels pop into light, crunchy morsels that are movie theater delicious when they're topped with butter and salt. I LOVE making a huge bowl of it on Friday night with an ice cold glass of Diet Coke when I watch horror movies, and when it comes to homemade popcorn being close to what you get at the movies Orville does it great!

I love it!

I love Orville Redenbacher Popcorn Kernels! I bought these along with my popcorn maker. I don't know if it's like this with all other popcorn kernels, but I did end up with a few duds. Some of them came out burnt, and some of them came out still hard! This happens to me when I use bagged popcorn as well, so I'm assuming it's just a popcorn kernel problem. I think this is a great idea for fresh popcorn made at home! It's also much healthier. I highly recommend it!

Consistent Results

I used to always use cheap store brand popcorn, thinking that popcorn was popcorn and one brand was good as another. I don't remember when I first tried the Orville Redenbacher brand, but I can say I have used this brand exclusively ever since. One thing that I love about this brand is that the results are consistently good. I've never run across "a bad batch". The kernels are plump and obviously contain a balanced level of moisture because they always pop well. My current preferred popping method is the Whirly Pop popcorn cooker, but good results have also been achieved with a pan on the stove and with a microwave popper. Whatever the method used, there are very few un-popped kernels left over. Orville Redenbacher is the only brand I have tried for which I can say this. While the brand costs more than the store brands and some other national brands, it is well worth it!

true

Orville Redenbacher Popcorn - Somewhat disappointing!

I purchased a tub of Orville Redenbacher Popcorn after hearing stories in the news that popcorn made in the microwave was not so healthy. I bought a well known brand which was one of the most expensive because re-creating a home version of Friday night at the movies was of premium importance. I used a popcorn making machine to make my first batch and was disappointed with the ratio of successfully popped and unpopped popcorn. Only about half of the popcorn actually popped. I wondered if it was my error so made another batch and the same thing happened. For the record, I subsequently went out to purchase another brand of popcorn and on that occasion nearly ever kernel popped - the difference was astonishing. On the plus side, popping this kind of popcorn manually (instead of in a microwave) is a much healthier way of cooking it and if you don't had any oil or salt it becomes one of the healthiest snacks you can eat. But this wouldn't be the brand of my choosing.

true

Perfect popping corn but....

This is the perfect popping corn but there is one main problem. The final product tastes exactly like the store brand popcorn. I actually have the plastic bottle in the picture in my kitchen cabinet right now, but it is refilled with store brand popcorn. I would suggest buying the plastic bottle and doing the same!

Undisclosed

Excellent quality popcorn

Orville Redenbacher is the best popcorn at the grocery store. I don't know what in the world could possibly be so different between two brands of corn kernels, but it is absolutely true that the kernels used in Orville Redenbacher products cook more evenly, and have a fluffier, larger popped kernel. When our microwave died a few months ago we never replaced it, so all of the popcorn we eat around here is popped the old fashioned stove top way. These are the best ones by far.

Orville Redenbacher - Popcorn