3.2

3.2

Pros

Cons

Orville's Pop Up Bowl is the best invention since popcorn

Is it possible to love microwave popcorn more than I already do? Apparently so! The invention of Orville Redenbacher's Pop Up Bowl Popcorn has made an already favorite snack even better! It makes popping the popcorn almost enjoyable as eating it. Remember the simple joy you'd get while watching the old-fashioned Jiffy Pop Popcorn grow in front of your eyes as a child. Well, will bring that same excitement to the children of today!

I received a free sample of *Orville Redenbacher's Pop Up Bowl Popcorn *through Walmart. Until I saw the offer for the freebie, I had never heard of this new product. It was with great excitement that the children (ages 9 & 14) realized that the sample I received through the mail was something new and different, and they couldn't wait to try it. At the time, we all thought that the only thing different about this popcorn was that it somehow transformed into a bowl after cooking. That in itself was appealing to me, because I HATE the way you get butter all over your hands when you try to eat microwave popcorn from the bag. In fact, I always dump it in an oversized bowl to avoid it.

That same evening, the kids tossed their bag of *Orville Redenbacher's Pop Up Bowl Popcorn *in the microwave. As soon as it began to pop, they called me into the kitchen excitedly. The sides of the bag are see-thru so you can actually watch the popcorn hop and dance around inside the bag as it popped. My children had never seen this happen and even my teenager thought it was very cool. They didn't leave the microwave the entire time it cooked! - What can I say. My children are easily entertained -

I wondered if the 'bowl' would be difficult to open after the popcorn popped, but it wasn't. When you put it in the microwave, it looks very much like a regular bag of microwave popcorn. As it cooks, it puffs up just like it normally would. When it's done, though, it sits on it's side and you peel away one of the see-thru sides. It sits upright on it's own, and you have a larger opening to reach in and eat the popcorn. No more buttery wrists! This larger opening makes it easier to share the popcorn with others too. When you're done snacking, simply toss the 'bowl' in the trashcan.

*Orville Redenbacher's Pop Up Bowl *is available in all the same yummy flavors you've been enjoying for years.

- Ultimate Butter

- Smart Pop

- Movie Theater Butter

- Regular Butter

The popcorn tastes just like it always has, except now it's easier to eat.

**Bottom Line **- *Orville Redenbacher's Pop Up Bowl Popcorn *is the best thing to happen to microwave popcorn in a long time. I'll be making the switch the the bowl over the bag from now on. Plus, as dumb as it sounds, being able to watch it pop as it cooks was another PLUS in my book.

Sorry Orville, I don't like my popcorn to taste like plastic!

I bought **Orville Redenbacher Pop Up Bowl Popcorn** over a regular bag of microwave popcorn because I hate reaching my hand in the messy bag, and because the convenience of being able to eat your popcorn from the same bowl it was popped in sounded like it would save me from washing a bowl, without creating any extra waste. Well, it was an innovative idea for Orville, but I won't be buying it again.

To make **Orville Redenbacher Pop Up Bowl Popcorn**, you simply place the flattened bowl in the microwave and it will pop out and fill up with popcorn when done. The top and bottom of the "bowl" are made of a plastic wrap/peel/paper, whatever. You peel the plastic off the top and voila!, you have a popcorn bowl!

I like the *idea* of this product, but the execution fell short. Not only do I still get gunk on my hands from hitting the inside wall of the bowl, the popcorn tastes like PLASTIC. I'm guessing the plastic top and bottom sheets somehow transfer plastic flavor, along with who-knows-what chemicals into the popcorn. For health reasons alone, I wouldn't buy this again.

Great Idea! Same great taste

Comments about Orville Redenbacher - Pop Up Bowl:

This is just regular Orville Redenbacher popcorn but the bag converts into a bowl. This is a great idea and makes eating out of the container much neater. I always transferred the bag into a bowl and then had more dishes to do. This product eliminates that need and you don't have to stick your hand in the bag and get it extra oily!

A great product, I haven't had the problems mentioned by others

Comments about Orville Redenbacher - Pop Up Bowl:

I myself think this is a great product. I don't have a microwave anymore, but when I did I bought a lot of this product. Everytime I bought it it was the same price as the regular bags, not more expensive as someone mentioned. I never had a problem with the plastic "top." It always cooked evenly and was easier to eat than popcorn from the regular bag. It's nice to reach in without getting greasy hands. Perhaps the people who had melted plastic had a microwave malfunction? Because I have made a ton of these with no problem at all.

Always burns my Popcorn

Comments about Orville Redenbacher - Pop Up Bowl:

I liked the bowl idea much better than those bags. The bags make a very big mess when you get down to the bottom. I really like Orville Redenbacher brand of popcorn so when I saw that they introduced the Pop Up Bowls I was excited. The let down is that they do not seem to open up for me in the microwave and end up burning my popcorn.

Worst popcorn invention in decades!!!

Comments about Orville Redenbacher - Pop Up Bowl:

I have never been burned before by a popcorn container. I can now say I have. This product should be taken off the market for the burn potential. It is also very difficult to remove the plastic wrap in order to eat the product. The taste is good but the design of the container is awful. I do not think I will buy this product again.

Popular Choice for Snack

from Pierpont, SD

Comments about Orville Redenbacher - Pop Up Bowl:

I took this to work for a my lunch. You just pop it into the microwave, and it's super easy. I had a lot of people ask me about it. There was a Redbox movie promotion on the box which is one reason why I bought it. Although the popcorn was very good, I felt that it was a little messier handling the bag than the average microwave popcorn. However, it could have just been how I handled the bag too. I also felt that there was a little less popcorn than an average bag. You may have to pop two bags if you are feeding several people.The popup bag is convenient though. It is just like a little bowl that can be disposed of after you're done eating. A positive is that the popcorn is 100% whole grain. Another positive that it had that great movie theater buttery flavor. I didn't feel that it was that expensive either. Pretty competitively priced. I would recommend this product. Very convenient and tasty.

Popup bowl!

Comments about Orville Redenbacher - Pop Up Bowl:

Dislike the new popup bowl and now cannot purchase white popcorn (our favorite) without the popup bowl! Plastic wrap is not to be used in microwaves, what were you thinking? Unfortunately we will find another microwave popcorn for our family, we'll miss the white popcorn. Bye Orville Redenbacher you disappoint me.

Sorry Orville, I don't like my popcorn to taste like plastic!

from Camp Lejeune, NC

nothing special

from Long Island, NY

Comments about Orville Redenbacher - Pop Up Bowl:

I received a sample of this in the mail. The packaging is an okay idea, but it the size of the product seemed a little small. The idea of the bowl is a good one, but it is just as easy to make a bag of popcorn and eat it out of that bag as well. If this were on sale and I had a coupon for it then I would choose this item or else just what ever brand is on sale at the moment is good enough for me. Microwave popcorn smells great and tastes great and is a quick and easy snack with or without a movie.

Nothing special...

from Garner, NC

Comments about Orville Redenbacher - Pop Up Bowl:

Ok, let me first start off by saying that I absolutely love Orville Redenbacher popcorn. It is the best microwave popcorn there is in my opinion. However, and I say this with regret, I don't really care for this pop up bowl invention. And I'll explain why...

I put this in the microwave and set it on popcorn. When it was done, I attempted to open the plastic on each side as instructed but it wasn't as easy as they make it out. After a bit of tugging, I finally got it open.

The popcorn looked good...nothing burnt that I could see but the problem is, there were alot of uncooked kernels at the bottom of the bag...I would estimate about a a quarter of the bag didn't pop, which is such a waste. The only reason I gave it 4 stars was because the popcorn hadn't changed. It was still as good as ever, otherwise I probably would have given it 3 stars or less.

Overall, the Orville Redenbacher pop up bowl is not anything special. Yes, your hands don't get as messy as sticking them in a regular bag but that's a simple fix...after it's done, just pour it in a bowl, DUH! :)

pop up bowls

from Kingwood, TX

Comments about Orville Redenbacher - Pop Up Bowl:

We buy a bunch of microwave popcorn and we love the ultimate butter popcorn. Lately we can only find it in the pop up bowls. When you pop them it seems like only half of the popcorn pops, and it you try to microwave it longer it burns. I guess we will have to go back to popping it the old fashion way.