Other Snacks & Cookies:
Healthy snacks, Popcorn, Trans-fat free
Orville Redenbacher
Orville Redenbacher - Gourmet Microwavable Popcorn, Butter Light

Orville Redenbacher - Gourmet Microwavable Popcorn, Butter Light

Lite popcorn with natural buttery taste. A great, filling treat.

***Quick View:*** I am quite a light eater but I like snacks now and then. I am more into crunchy or salty snacks than sweets and popcorn is the perfect low calorie snack - if I choose the right one. This is one of my favorites because it is low calorie and low fat yet tastes very real and buttery.***About Orville Redenbacher - Gourmet Microwavable Popcorn, Butter Light***

This popcorn comes in a box with six microwaveable bags. Each bag yields 12.5 cups of light, fluffy popcorn. The popcorn has real butter and tastes buttery not plain like most light popcorns. I LOVE that, when I pop a bag, there are no or just a few unpopped kernels at the bottom. Many times, I end up with half kernels and then I burn the popcorn trying to get the kernels to pop. Ugh. No worries with this popcorn. The bag is full.

This popcorn is just 20 calories a cup and has only 1 gram of fat. There is no tans fat or saturated fat in this. It has half the fat of regular buttered popcorn. It is important to note that non-buttered light popcorn has less fat in it. I can afford a little extra fat and I eat only a couple of cups of popcorn so the 2 grams of fat I get are worth the wonderful natural buttery taste. Plain popcorn is OK but so dull.

This popcorn has actually won awards from the American Tasting Institute for its full-bodied taste with so much less fat. Making it is as simple as tossing the bag into the microwave and waiting a couple of minutes. The bag is always huge and full and I rarely come across unpopped kernels. I hate those! This is full flavored and feels indulgent yet isn't. I have a couple of cups and feel very satisfied and full. I save tons of fat and calories over chips or other crunchy snacks and don't feel cheated by eating plain, boring popcorn. I do eat plain popcorn but I consider this popcorn a real treat and enjoy it very much. I even eat it cold the next day or reheat it for a few seconds. 12.5 cups is a LOT of popcorn!

***My Viewpoint***

I love the buttery taste and the light airy popcorn. I feel like I am indulging yet I am really not at all. This is a great treat and worth the half of a gram of fat or so per cup for me since I only eat a couple of cups at a time. Great for when you want buttery, hot popcorn but not all that fat. ***4 stars.***

Not so good popcorn.

I am quite a light eater but I like snacks now and then. I am more into crunchy or salty snacks than sweets and popcorn is the perfect low calorie snack - if I choose the right one. This is one of my favorites because it is low calorie and low fat yet tastes very real and buttery. I really don't like it but it isn't the worst thing ever. It doesnt taste that good but you do have to consider the fact that it is low fat and isn't that bad. It is good because of the fact that it only has 20 calories a cup and when you microwave it well there is rarely enough unpopped kernels left. Only 1 gram of fat per cup so that is also good and it can fill you up pretty fast so you won't eat as much. It has a high bit of sodium and a little pricier so be considerate of that. Don't forget that you are buying something that is supposed to be healthy so it won't taste as good as you think it will taste. Overall it is a good product

Light snack with good flavor

Comments about Orville Redenbacher - Gourmet Microwavable Popcorn, Butter Light:

This microwave popcorn product has a very light butter flavor. Most microwave popcorn products have a very heavy feeling after you eat it, but this one does not have the same feeling. This product is not very healthy overall, but it is healthier than most microwave popcorn snacks.

Grab a Bag

from TN

Orville's gourmet microwavable light butter popcorn makes a perfect low-fat snack. I love the way this popcorn taste, most other brands I have tried in the past are smothered in that yellow imitation butter. This popcorn has a very light, natural taste and pops perfect every time.

Excerllent microwave popcorn

This microwave popcorn actually pops. 95% to 99% of the kernels pop. Plus, the husks from the popped kernels don't get stuck between your teeth. The butter isn't greasy and it's quite tasty. Orville Redenbaucker's microwave popcorn is so close to fresh popped from a popper its hard to tell the difference once it's in the bowl.

So yummy!

I love popcorn but I don't love having greasy fingers and consuming thousands of calories and fat. Orville Redenbacher's Microwaveable Popcorn with Light Butter is by far the best substitute for full fat popcorn! It is light, fluffy, and crunchy. You can still taste a buttery flavor, but it's not intense and doesn't mess up your fingers. You feel guiltless eating this and it's a snack the whole family will love. Orville Redenbacher is the only brand of popcorn I'll buy!

Not bad, but obviously not as tasty as regular Butter

Orville Redenbacher is the best popcorn on the market. For whatever reason it pops more evenly, and has a fluffier popped kernel than its competitors. The Light Butter microwaveable popcorn lives up to those standards; it pops evenly and you get less unpopped kernels in the bag than Pop Secret or store brand. Obviously it's not going to be as gratifying as regular Butter or Movie Theater Butter, but it's a good choice if you're cutting back on fat.

Good tasting popcorn for the future

Great taste, not to much butter for me, better quality, better tasting popcorn. I also like the design of the popcorn box. A good price rage for product. I can't get enough of this popcorn. I eat it every single day. And the fact that it only takes about for minutes to make is priceless

Perfect Popped Popcorn

from Las Vegas, NV

I was always hesitant to buy microwave popcorn because I hated popping the corn and then having a bag of unpopped kernels afterwards.  Well I finally found a product that not only tastes great, but eliminates the problem of the unpopped kernal.  Every bag I made of Orville Redenbacher popcorn popped up light and fluffy and no kernels were left to be popped.  Each bag makes about 12 cups of popcorn with only about 1 gram of fat and tastes great.  The light butter flavor is just the right amount of season and coats every puff of popped corn.  Each serving of one cup of popped corn is only about 20 calories so beware you might eat the whole bag.  I love to snack on popcorn, so this is not only easy to make but it is filling and tastes great.  Each piece of popcorn is so flavorful in your mouth and every kernel is popped entirely.  In just two minutes from your microwave you can have a great tasting and healthy snack.

Lite popcorn with natural buttery taste. A great, filling treat.

from The heart of , NY

***My Viewpoint***

Orville Redenbacher knows his corn! YUM!

from Livonia, MI

I love popcorn, my family loves popcorn, so we keep a lot on hand at all times. **Orville Redenbacher **has been my brand of choice for several years. What I've noticed different about this brand versus others is that you can time out the popping of these bags so that nearly ALL the kernels are popped without the rest of the corn burning. Plus, this light butter version saves you calories while you keep all the yummy taste. Now, it's not as buttery as **Orville Redenbacher's Movie Time Butter **version, but you're also able to splurge on your diet without feel one kernel of guilt.

There is also individual sized bags of **Orville Redenbacher's Butter Light popcorn**, I love those too because it's a fairly plump serving size which makes you feel like you're cheating when you're not. Now, don't do what I do - don't add crunched up Doritos chips to this, because it kind of blows your calories out of the water - but I suppose it's still better than adding it to the full calorie version of **Orville Redenbacher's Gourmet Popcorn**, right? Enjoy...great for movie night or any night!

Best popcorn!!

from Garner, NC

O.R. is the best popcorn, period. It's better than any other popcorn brand out there. Pop Secret is a close second but will still never match O.R. This Butter Light version is delicious. It has a light buttery flavor, not artificial tasting & pops up nice & fluffy everytime. Although it has no trans fat, it's still a bit high in saturated fat & sodium so just eat in moderation & you'll be fine. :) This is delicious...you definitely wouldn't know it was low in fat!