4.8

4.8

Ever Faithful Oreck XL2600 Bagged vacuum

from Mount Vernon, OH

Comments about Oreck Vacuum:

An Oreck vacuum cleaner may not be the cheapest, but I guarantee it's my favorite - and it lasts a long time as well. This is my 3rd Oreck vacuum cleaner - in fact only one of the three has "hit the cemetery" because I didn't want to pay to repair it. But, my other two are still going and I keep one upstairs and one downstairs. There are several things I like about the Oreck. First, it's great for people who don't have a lot of strength, or maybe have arthritis due to the fact that it is lightweight to push and pull. Second, I absolutely love the fact that I can use it from room to room, whether or not I go from carpet to laminate, to tile and I have to do no adjusting to the vacuum cleaner. The Oreck picks up well, and it even does a good job at edges, thanks to little bristles attached to the sides. I have considered a Dyson, but honestly, I just can't complain about my Oreck, and I'm afraid to try something new. I've seen mixed reviews on the Dyson, and the different models confuse me. The Oreck also has a HEPA filter that helps if you have allergies. If there is anything at all to complain about, it would be installing a new belt if one breaks - that's not the easiest to accomplish, but other than that, I love it!

• Maneuverability:
  • Ease of Maintenance:
  • Suction Performance:
  • Versatility:

Will stick with Oreck.

from Broadview Heights, OH

Comments about Oreck Vacuum:

I love my Oreck and want no other. It goes from my hard wood to rugs to carpet with no fuss no switching of levels. With the hairball factory of a cat and my giant shedding machine of a dog no other I have tried has worked so well. So light weight and easy to manuver, try it you will like it.

Oreck XL2600 Upright Vac

from Billings, MT

Comments about Oreck Vacuum:

I bought a used one and really like it. I bought it quite some time ago, like 6 years and it is still running great. Earlier I used it to clean houses so it got a lot of use. Now that I am not well, I just use it to clean my own house. I know clean because I was a housecleaner for 30 years. I know a good vac when I see it. Earlier in my housecleaning career, I would use the client's vac, so I saw a lot of bad vacs. So then I bought this one and it was the best. I highly recommend the Oreck XL. The voice of experience.

Great lightweight vacuum

from Elk Grove, CA

Comments about Oreck Vacuum:

This a great vacuum! It is very lightweight and easy to use. It does have a bag though, which I don't like. I wish it were bagless. And it doesn't have an attached hose and suction. We eventually had to replace it with a Dyson, which we loved. But when we had stairs, I loved this vacuum becuase it is so lightweight. And it bends easily so it can reach many different places that most vacuums can't reach. This vacuum came with another device that has a hose and attachments, but it's too hard to store all of it. I used it once in a while to clean my car, but it's just a hassle to remember to take it out. With teh Dyson, the hose and attachments are always there. But the Oreck is great quality, but just a little too expensive.

This Oreck vacuum is a necessary tool in my home.

from Sarasota, FL

Comments about Oreck Vacuum:

This vacuum is lightweight, easy to manuver and does an awesome job on my floors.  I like having the microsweep on the baseplate.  The microsweep and using the low speed on hard surfaces doesn't make the dust and small particles go flying around.  The vacuum picks it all up.  I pick up the big stuff before vacuuming so it doesn't get clogged up.  I've not had any problems with it.  I've had it a while and have only had to change the belt twice.  I change them every six months because after that time the belt tends to stretch a little and some suction is lost because of the belt being stretched.  Oreck vacuums cost a little more but are well worth the extra money.

THERE'S A REASON ORECK HAS BEEN AROUND FOR SO LONG

from Coatesville, PA

Comments about Oreck Vacuum:

THE ORECK UPRIGHT VACUUM IS WORTH THE PRICE. IT IS EXTRELY LIGHTWEIGHT, WHICH IS VERY CONVINENT FOR MULTI LEVEL HOMES. IT IS GREAT FOR MULTI SURFACE AREAS AS WELL. YOU CAN GO FROM CARPET TO HARDWOOD WITHOUT ANY MANUAL ADJUSTMENT AND IT DOES NOT SCRATCH THE FLOORS. I VACUUM VERY FREQUENTLY AS I HAVE KIDS AND PETS AND THE BAG CAPACITY IS GENEROUS AND LASTS A LONG TIME. WITH THE INITAIAL PURCHASE I RECIEVED DEODERANT TABS TO PUT IN THE BAGS AND THEY MAD MY HOUSE SMELL CLEAN AND FRESH. YOU CAN PURCHASE THESE SEPERATE ALSO AND ARE INEXPENSIVE. ONE TAB LASTED ME ABOUT 10 USES. THE SERVICE OPTIONS ARE A NICE FEATURE AND INCLUDED A FREE SERVICE TUNE UP ONE TIME ONLY. YOU CAN TRY THE VACUUM RISK FREE AND IF YOU CHECK THE WEB SITE OR INFOMERCIALS THEY OFFER FREE PRODUCTS WITH THE VACUUM PURCHASE. THE SUCTION IS AMAZING AND PICKS UP ALL TYPES OF DEBIS. I HAVE HAD SEVERAL VACUUMS AND THIS ONE BY FAR IS MY FAVORITE. THEY CAN BE PRICEY, BUT IT HAS BEEN WORTH IT FOR ME.

The Oreck vacuum is light weight and easy to carry.

from Virginia Beach, VA

Comments about Oreck Vacuum:

I am a housekeeper and the Oreck is a great vacuum to use. I have used it before in the past and still think its great. I myself owned a Kirby vacuum. I payed way to much for the Kirby. It was extremely heavy and I could not use most of the attachments.

The Oreck is light-weight, easy to manuver, and does a great job

from Olive Branch, MS

Comments about Oreck Vacuum:

The Oreck is a great, light-weight vaccum cleaner that works great on all types of flooring surfaces.  I have owned the Oreck for a while now and have always been pleased at the suction and ease of manuver, especially that it lies flat to get under low furniture.

Outstanding Vacuum and Worth the Price!

from Valrico, FL

Comments about Oreck Vacuum:

I bought this vacuum with some hesitance because of the price.  I always wanted a Dyson but was told Oreck made a better quality machine.  I later found out that Oreck is the brand used by large hotel and resort chains.  I was very impressed with its performance, especially considering that I have two small (but hairy) dogs.  This vacuum works on all surfaces and is able to fit in most small nooks and crannies.  It is extremely lightweight compared to my old vaccum and stores perfectly in a small linen closet.  I use it on several carpet lengths and it adjusts as necessary.  I can literally see the vacuum pick up lint and hair off a carpet or floor surface with complete efficiency.  In fact, unlike lesser quality brands, this vacuum doesn't exhaust dust or small particles through its filter system.  Bag replacement is easy and clean.  I have no regrets with this vacuum and actually enjoy using it.

Oreck XL2600 Upright Vacuum is light as a feather !

from Germantown, MD

Comments about Oreck Vacuum:

***The Oreck XL 2600 Upright Vacuum I have I inherited from my mother when she passed away.  Not only is it a light-weight, efficient, hard working vacuum it is a precious heirloom.  I have arthritis and it is hard for me to push and lift a vacuum anyway, but the 2600 makes it fun intead of work!  I can lift and use it up steps and it reaches narrow places not easily accessible with other vaccums.  I will alway cherish it this precious vacuum!***