3.6
Rewards Credit Cards
Orchard Bank - MasterCard Credit Card

Orchard Bank - MasterCard Credit Card

3.6

This card gives back to me!

I got one of those 'pre-approved' credit card deals in the mail, heck I was getting a bunch of them.  Well, I thought about this one.  The basic interest charge was low, not outragious.  The average payback time was a more reasonable time of 25 days, not 20.  Ok, all well and good, but, man-oh-man, a percentage back on each and every perchase!!  Wow, now that's real savings.  Points for travel, etc. are nice, but the actual cash on almost 100% of all purchases is much more realistic to me.  I can see it just adding each time to my own personal savings account or getting that little extra that I need.

I had to call one time just to be certain that I didn't miss my first statement.  I didn't, it came in the mail within the next couple of days.  The person on the phone was friendly, and 'real', not your average 'sterio-type' that doesn't listen or know anything.  He had the answers and the access to give me right away.  Yep, I just double checked with a few more questions...why not?  And, just recently, I requested my first rebate check.  It adds up fast and I even get bonus points towards my dollars because I pay it off in full when the statement comes in.  Either way, I'm ahead of the game.

To be able to use a credit card and receive a 'savings' on almost 100% of everything I purchase sounds like a good thing to me.  Well, it's real; I've had mine for over 6 months now and it works.  No  dishonesty from this company, it's Platinum toward me, and for me.  Thank you  HSBC BANK.  You have a winner in my book.

no Flexability, NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO!

I have had an Orchard Bank Card for 8 years.  After my husband died, I wanted to get credit in my own name.  Well they gave it to me,......at a very high interest rate.  I went over the limit one time by 3.49 and they would not remove the additional charge.  I wrote to them and asked since I had NEVER had a late payment would I be eligible to for a lower rate after 8 years, and they promptly said no.  I do not use their card anymore.  Capitol one has a much better interest rate with rewards to getting my credit up to 520.  Thanks but no thanks Orchard Bank.

easy to obtain

Comments about Orchard Bank - MasterCard Credit Card:

The Orchard Bank credit card was very easy to obtain, as it carries an annual fee of $39. This card is perfect for a person starting out, such as a college student, who cannot be approved for a credit card with no annual fee. I recommend using this only as a credit building card, as there are so many other options out there with no annual fee. The interest rate is also high, at least 15% if not higher depending on your credit rating. Orchard Bank has always offered me great customer service, answering telephone questions I had. I am also able to access my account online, view transactions and statements as well as pay my bill with no charge for using the program. The credit limit is low, starting at five hundred dollars, again perfect for a starter, you cannot get too far in debt. Overall, this is an easy to obtain card, but you must pay to have the card. I would only use it until you can replace it with a card with no annual fee.

Good for rebuilding your credit

Comments about Orchard Bank - MasterCard Credit Card:

We ran into a problem with credit card debt around the birth of our second child, my husband's hours were lowered and I was unable to get a job that would cover the amount we'd pay in child care costs. We joined a debt management program and put all our cards on it. So we needed something JUST for emergencies and rebuilding our credit.
Every month I would put our gas on the card and immediately pay it back off. We'd be very diligent on keeping the balance at zero. And with a low limit on the card, it was perfect for showing we were no longer going to be big spenders with credit cards.

Now granted, we had a poor credit score going in, so our interest rate was high. And since we only used it for small purchases, or for an emergency, we kept the balance at zero or low. It is not the card I would reach for for everyday purchases because the interest rate is on the high side, but at least it helped get our credit score back to the good range.

• Customer Service:
  • Available Rates:

Great card until....

Comments about Orchard Bank - MasterCard Credit Card:

I used to have this card for a very long time, until they were bought out by another company and my interest rate doubled, and I got a annual fee. I was not happy about this so I canceled the card. Before that, I had nothing but great experiences with this card, no interest and no annual fee. They did not have a rewards plan, but you really did not need one, because it was such a great card to have. Another thing I liked about this care was if you had to make an emergency purchase and you did not have enough credit to purchase, they would give you an emergency credit increase to cover the cost. I can honestly say, not many others will do that for you, unless you have super credit.

Customer Service
Excellent customer service people. They were every attentive and seemed to really understand customer issues and concerns very well.

Available Rates
Rates for this card were outstanding. Consistently offered no interest and no annual fee. This card is also good for establishing and re-establishing credit.

• Customer Service:
  • Available Rates:

Be extremely careful, annual fees and interest rates are high

from Galena Park, TX

Comments about Orchard Bank - MasterCard Credit Card:

The advantage of reestablishing credit after a past of credit problems is the reason that many take the opportunity when offered to accept a card of this sort.  There are many pros as well as cons depending on each one's individual personal credit and past credit experiences.  This is a wonderful opportunity extended to many which also comes at a great cost as well.  This card will give you the chance to reestablish but also does not give much room for extending any larger amount of credit over at least a year's time.  Basically when you start out you are paying on a card that you have never used to include the annual fees associated with being a card holder.  Also the limit's may start off very small leaving you almost no credit available to start with.  My advice for anyone in this situation would be to research extensively before accepting this type of card.  I did and am grateful that I am establishing once again but at a very high price.

Good basic to rebuild credit.

from Mason, OH

Comments about Orchard Bank - MasterCard Credit Card:

This is a good basic card but it has a high interest rate. Make sure you pay regular and do not  go over limit. They will reward responsibility. The company has excellent customer service but each time they talk to you on in person on the phone, they try to sell you a service that can be charged to the credit card. There are monthly specials that give the card holder money saving opportunities on the website. They have a great website that makes it very easy to monitor your bill. They have online bill pay. The best thing about the card is that it is a good card for rebuilding your credit.

sucks

from Frederick, MD

Comments about Orchard Bank - MasterCard Credit Card:

This is the worst credit card company. I used them for my very first crdit card to establsh some credit. I lost my job and they would not work with me. It was like I could never catch up. It was always fees for something. Then when I  would call to try and strighten things out I get a call center full of foreign people ho have no idea what I am saying. If you have a card with Orchard Bank cancell. If you don't have one don't get one.

A great way to rebuild your credit!

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Orchard Bank - MasterCard Credit Card:

This is a great card to have on hand for emergencies or for times when you need a card (such as car rental or hotel stays.) It's a good opportunity to rebuild your credit if you have less than perfect credit. However, be cautious of going over the credit limit, because the card will not be declined and the fee is steep. The interest rates are high too, so you'll want to pay your monthly balance each month if you're able.

easy to qualify for with a very low credit score.

from Providence, RI

Comments about Orchard Bank - MasterCard Credit Card:

If you have no credit history or are just starting to rebuild your credit history, this card is an easy one to qualify for. There are fees associated with opening the card and activating it, so be aware that your initial credit limit will be reduced by these fees. Paying on time, however, results in rapid established good scores and increases of your limits in a short span of time which instantly improves your credit score. In researching the card requirements, I found people with scores as low as 585 who were able to get a card with this company. Be aware that applying online is possible, but they send the answer in the mail and the card after that....it took me approximately 3 1/2 weeks to actually receive the card as compared to Capitol one who gave me an instant answer and had the card to me in less than a week.

Great recommendation!

from Franklin, TN

Comments about Orchard Bank - MasterCard Credit Card:

Before my husband and I started looking for a house we decided to do credit checks.  I am an annual credit checker.  I have never had any problems and because of student loans I haven't had any problems with my numbers.

My husband's however came up very short and there wasn't really a good expaination why.  We went though an agency that monitors, gives support and helps bring the credits score up.  Basically what they told him was that he needed to get a credit card because he had NO CREDIT.  Unbelieveable that a man in his 30's had no credit right?!

The card they suggested was the Orchard Bank MasterCard.  It was very simple to get and I liked the fact it only had a $200 limit.  I don't like debt and the last thing I want is credit card debt so I felt good that the limit was so low.

I would suggest this card to anyone who is trying to build up credit.  My husband jumped over 300 points by opening this card, using it paying and paying it off.

The Orchard Bank MasterCard keeps giving like a true friend

from Reynoldsburg, OH

Comments about Orchard Bank - MasterCard Credit Card:

The Orchard Bank Master Card is one of the best business to have by your side to loan you cash when you need it.  I have had a few different accounts with this card and the positive thing about it was my old account I never had paid and it was on my credit as an unpaid bill.  I was in need of some cash browsing through the internet for a credit card and I ran accross The Orchard Bank Master Card.  I applied for it even though I had already owed them money from a previous card I never paid off and the account was closed.  One of the most giving businesses in the world is Orchard Bank, even though I owed them for a previous account they approved me for a new Credit Card.  I couldn't beleive it.  I was thinking to my self a friend would loan me Credit like this and Orchard Bank proved to be a real friend.  Everytime I hear anything about Orchard Bank Master Card I think of them as a friend that keeps giving.