2.2
Other Travel Websites:
Orbitz.com

I'm done booking with Orbitz!!!

Beware that if you cancel within 24 hours, Orbitz still charges your account and you can wait up to 60 days for the refund depending on the airline's policy! Orbitz states they only authorize the ticket price and the authorization falls off if cancelled within 24 hours. NOT TRUE! They cancel it in their system but pass the information over to the airline that charges your account. Then you WAIT until whenever and they are useless to resolve the matter!

San francisco, CA

Terrible Customer Service

Five days after booking with orbitz, I called to confirm my reservation with the hotel. The hotel said they did not have my reservation in their computer. So I called Orbitz and that when I got the run around. I was told they were going to fix the problem and give me a call back to confirm. I never received a call and the day of my travel I had to stay on the phone for over 2 hours for the problem to be resolved.

Houston, Tx

Under No Circumstances Would I Recommend Orbitz

Made reservations on a package deal, could not understand the person that was "helping" me, asked several times to speak to someone that spoke English. Was informed he was so I had to deal. Requested Delta Comfort because our flight is to Scotland, long flight. Did not know we had been scheduled for Economy until I received the itinerary. Called Orbitz and was advised that I could not change seating arrangements unless I paid an additional $1500/per person! What a deal!! Heaven only knows what our hotel is going to be like. Please do not use Orbitz unless you planned on being taken advantage of!!

Colorado

false

Definitely will not book with Orbitz again!

I asked Orbitz to cancel or just transfer my moms ticket to my dad instead because my mom passed away before the flight. Orbitz allowed to transfer but the transfer fee is too big that it is cheaper to just purchase a new ticket.

San francisco, ca

false

I will NEVER use orbitz again. Ever. The person I in the!

Orbitz sucks and I would not recommend it to anyone ever even in an emergency. We are in a dangerous and filthy area in Memphis TN. Room is so nasty we are using the towels as a boardwalk to avoid stepping on the filthy carpet. Sleeping on top of the bed covers using the blanket we brought from home as a barrier. The halls and lobby are not air conditioned & the unventilated room's a/c was off when we arrived. We have been here for fourteen hours now and our room is still hot and stuffy with a/c barely running. Thermostat is just for looks, no matter what you set it on a weak lukewarm stream of stuffy air trickles out. Wish I had booked with anyone except orbitz.

Panama City, Fl

false

Cancellation plan is a farce

booked flights on Orbitz, purchased cancellation plan for 19 dollars, when it came time to cancel for reasons beyond my control, yes you guessed no refund

Omaha, ne

false

I will never use Orbitz again

I booked a hotel with Orbitz for a property with a swimming pool and fitness facility. I later found out from a competing site that both the pool and fitness facility on the property I booked were under construction and had not even been built yet. I immediately called Orbitz and after an hour later, was told that cancellation had to be by three weeks earlier. I patiently explained that this was false advertising and how I had just found out (and confirmed with the property) that the amenities advertised were not available. Orbitz gave me the old song and dance about how they had to get permission from the property to cancel - even though it was Orbitz who took my money. I finally just cancelled with my credit card company. Very sad. Corporate profit means more than consumer satisfaction or even fair bargaining for what was advertised.

Sacramento, CA

false

Orbitz very poor customer service

I called them within minutes of booking my travel about a mistake I made during booking but they indicated their system was down and to call back in 4 hours, so I did and they told me the same thing. I tried to call another time with no luck due to a storm. I finally reached them the 4th time after waiting over 20 minutes and my request got referred out. I finally got a reply 2 days later via email saying my request to change was denied because I didn't get in touch with them soon enough and they had no records of me trying to reach them in the past. Unless you are 100% accurate with your booking and have absolutely no intent on changing anything, do NOT book with Orbitz or their affiliated companies Expedia and Travelocity as working with them is ridiculous. Very poor customer service!

Pawcatuck, CT

Bait and switch. Never Again Orbitz

1 star should be zero! I made reservations on Orbitz for a trip to Aruba, 2 tkts lvg at 11:50pm on United at $1934. When I got my conf, dep. had change to 12:55 a.m. and duration of 35 hrs as opposed to 12 hrs; which so I immediately called CS, but there was nothing that could be done so I canceled. 24 hrs later, I again found the EXACT itinerary at $2064 r/t. Being very CAREFUL in booking and before pressing ENTER for pymt, I check the upper right side where it details the out/inbound flight details. < ENTER> To my dismay, I was defaulted back again to the incorrect flight with a 35 hour trip duration. Called to escalate, the supervisor told me when he traces the flight, it shows 11:40pm departure somehow defaults to a 12:55am flight (system glitch).I spoke with a 2nd level mgr who told me there is nothing they can do except refund me again. YOUR SYSTEM GLITCH AND NOTHING YOU CAN DO????? they are blaming United but it's YOUR system. YOU are the agent for United. NEVER AGAIN ORBITZ NEVER.....

san francisco, ca

bad service

This company is so unbelievable, after they sent me a confirmation in my email, when I went to pick up the car they did not have one available. I ended up renting from another company , spending a lot of time on the phone to get my money back (they charged me $30 travel protection)

nh