Other Floor Cleaners:

Orange Glo Hardwood Cleaner & Finish

Pros

Cons

For Pretty Floors without a big Mess

We have hardwood floors throughout the entire lower level of our house. Obviously we want to keep them looking nice and clean and shiny but I don't always have time to get down on my knees and polish them.

For the times in between the really big cleanings I use Orange Glo Hardwood Cleaner and Finish to keep my hardwood floors looking nice and shiny. I don't have to get a bucket and water and everything, I just need a mop. I do have to make sure that all of the debris is swept fro the floor and obviously any messes or extra dirty stains I will wipe them up before using this. Then I can just squirt as I go. I can squirt some on the floor then mop that area and move on to the next, it polishes as it cleans, leaving a nice healthy shine behind that smells really great too if you like the smell of orange. It is not an overwhelming orange smell but it does smell nice, and it has a nice clean smell to it.

Orange Glo has a 4-in-1 system that revitalizes hardwood floors by cleaning away dirt and grime, filling in scratches, protecting floors from water damage, and it also shines the floor as well. My last dog could not control her bladder overnight for the last year she was alive, I think Orange Glo helped my hardwood floor stay nice looking even through all of that, because I believe that it was actually protecting the floor from the liquid. The hardwood floor in the room she stayed in shows no damage or has any residual odor at all.

I still need to do a super cleaning of the floor where I actually scrub it with my own hands, but only about once a month, I use a Swiffer about once a week and I use the Orange Glo about once a week and my 9 year old hardwood floors still look new.

The only complaint is that one squirt does not go as long as I would like it to and I run out of Orage Glo a lot.

I believe it saved my hardwood floors by protecting them from liquid damage. It keeps them looking nice. More dirty spots might need a little extra attention before using the Orange Glo.

I like it a lot, it has a hint of orange and smell very nice and clean.

Smells good

One thing I really like about the Orang Glo product is that it smells really good. It doesn't smell like other cleaning products that are so overbearing and have those harsh chemicals. So I feel saferer using it in my home verses other products. Now for the cons about this product. I think it leaves a filmy residue in the forms of streaks or little spots. I've tried wiping it different ways, but it always seems to still have the film left on the wood. Another thing I don't like is that I think rather than eliminating the dust problem it actually creates more of a dust problem. When I have used this product verses just using  a mild soap and water that my furnitre does not collect as much future dust. There is somethimg in the product that the dust attaches to so collects more. Orange Glo works makes the furniture look great and shiny though when it is initially put on. The clean look just doesn't last long.

Squirt, wipe, and Go

Comments about Orange Glo Hardwood Cleaner & Finish:

For sheer convenience this product is hands down awesome. No mixing, no bucket full of water. Just squirt on your floor and mop. It does not handle the worst of the messes that might be on your hardwood floor, but at least it moves quickly. For general maintenance and weekly cleaning you cannot beat a product that is already premixed. The price can get a little high if you are using it a lot, but it does bring out a great shine on your floors. It can be used on more than hardwood, so that does make it more useful than something that is formulated JUST for wood.

Squirt and go is how this product performs. You don't have to worry about much other than putting it on the floor and mopping over it. It does make your wood floors gleam, but does not help with any sticky messes, or where the hardwood is starting to wear down.

It has a very chemically smell, but is not as potent as if you are using a harsher product. Any smell it does have dispates before too long.

The finish looks really great and lasts

Comments about Orange Glo Hardwood Cleaner & Finish:

This is a really good hardwood cleaner but what sets it apart from other cleaners is that it has a finishing product built in. Basically that means that your wood floors stay shinier and brighter for a longer period of time. The finisher also helps protect the wood. It is wonderful stuff, and really works great on hiding dust on darker wood floors.

I gave this product 6 months and ended up not liking it

Comments about Orange Glo Hardwood Cleaner & Finish:

I used this cleanser for our hardwood floors, pre-finished oak, when we first installed them. I bought the kid including the mop and applicator pad as recommended by a friend. I loved it at first, it was easy and left the floors shiny and clean looking. However after MONTHS of weekly use, this product DEFINITELY leaves a film and streaks. The streaks were almost impossible to buff out. Also, this floor cleanser does not really help clean your floors at all. It does not help scrub gunk or stuck on food/liquid spots. It is only good as a light cleaner. And only sufficiently cleaned before we had kids.

Took me months to figure out it was leaving a build-up film and streaks. Won't really work on wood kitchen floors where liquids and foods are spilled from time to time. Also, the mop wand was very flimsy and thin. It wouldn't hold up for a years worth of use. Because it was flimsy it was hard to really put some muscle into scrubbing/mopping your floor which would help with some of the dirt spots.

The scent was fine, it smelled good.

Orange Glo makes your hardwood floor GLOW!

Comments about Orange Glo Hardwood Cleaner & Finish:

Orange Glo is wonderful for your hardwood floors. It makes your floors look like they have a fresh layer of wax on top of them, covers up all the little scratch marks that occur over time, nourishes the wood, and makes the floor shine. Orange Glo is extremely easy to apply and it dries fast. Your floor will look brand new after using this product.

I used Orange Glo on my hardwood floors when I was moving out of my apartment and was doing the cleaning check list that was required. I put on 3 layers of Orange Glo, not that it was needed, because after the first layer almost all of the tiny scratches disappeared and the floor was shinning. After the additional layers, it looked like a professional had come in and done the floor. When we did the walk through, they offered me a job because those floors looked so good!

Orange Glo smells good. It is not harsh to the senses. It does not have and overwhelming chemical smell to it.

For Pretty Floors without a big Mess

from Crystal Lake, IL

Comments about Orange Glo Hardwood Cleaner & Finish:

I like it a lot, it has a hint of orange and smell very nice and clean.

Overall Mopping Orange Glo Review

Comments about Orange Glo Hardwood Cleaner & Finish:

I usually put this cleaner in my mopping bucket to clean my floors. Every now and then I do use it by itself for spot cleaning floors. I don't notice a shine or a "glow" to my floors after use but it does get them clean and the added bonus would be that it smells good. Overall it's an good product if you're looking for clean over shine.

Fresh Scent

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Orange Glo Hardwood Cleaner & Finish:

Orange Glo has a wonderful fresh, clean scent. Its effective at cleaning floors and making them shine. We use this on our hardwoods and are very happy with it. Visitors always comment on the fresh scent of the cleaner but it is subtle enough not to overwhelm the senses. It does not leave residue and it is effective at cleaning tough stains, including pet urine.

A good product that leaves my house smelling fresh

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Orange Glo Hardwood Cleaner & Finish:

Overall I've been really happy with this floor cleaner. I feel like it leaves a nice scent that isn't too overwhelming, and, most important of all, my floors look great after I use it! I tend to try new products and brands vs. sticking with just one, but this is one that will stay popular at our house. I prefer it to the chemically smells that come with many of the other options out there.

Smells great!

from Wagoner, OK

Comments about Orange Glo Hardwood Cleaner & Finish:

I live in an old farm house and my floors have seen better days! A friend told me about this product so i decided to give it a try. What a difference! Very shiny and i love the smell of it! Very easy to use and i couldn't be happier with the results.

I love love love the smell of this! Way better than some of the other products i have tried.

My antique cypress floors never looked better.

from New Orleans, LA

Comments about Orange Glo Hardwood Cleaner & Finish:

I have an older home with cypress floors throughout. Historically it has been a challange to keep the floors with the high gloss shine that I love. The cleaning companies that cleaned my home used products that left a film on the floor. The gal who does my floors now helped me clean the floors and apply the Orange Glo. She could not believe the difference the product made on the floor. I was sold and I now have her using your product in all of the older homes she cleans that have wood floors. She has changed the mind of more than one homeowner who thought they were using the best floor cleaner on their antique wood floors.