Other Misc. Dentals:
Dental Floss
Oral-B

Oral-B Satin Floss

Oral-B Satin Floss is flatter and wider than standard floss. It is like a thin satin ribbon. Becasue is is flatter and wider than standard gloss it is much easier to floss in between teeth that are very close together. It seemingly goes in between close together teeth without breaking or tearing.

Becasue it is flatter and wider than standard floss and feels like a satin ribbon, needless to say the it is much more slippery to hold onto that the standard floss. That being said, I overcome this issue by having to wrap it around my finger several times so that I can keep a grip on it. My first impression was that I am wasting money because I have to tear off a lonfer piece so i can keep a grip on it. However, after using Oral-B Satin Floss deveral times, I changed my mind. The amount extra that I need to wrap around my fingers may actually be less than the new peice of standard floss that shreds, wrips and tears on my close-together teeth. So overall, wripping off a longer piece of Oral-B Satin Floss may actually use up less floss than wripping off a second peice of standard floss which has gotten torn of frayed. Not to mention it is nuch less frustrating to know that I can get through flossig all my teeth whithjust one piece of floss. It iis easy to insert and aside from some slipping on your hands, it is easy to reach even my tightest spots. Because it is thin, flat and ribbonlike, wrapping it around my fingers to use does not mean it is uncomfortabl to use. Quite contrary, it wraps compfortably around your finger.

Oral-B Satin Floss is suppose to let you know its working by poviding a burst of mint taste. Now this mint tast is extremely mild compared to other mint flosses I have used. I typically brush me teeth prior to flossing so my mouth already hs a minty flavor in it but I definitely can say that if I it was not labeled that there was a minty burst than I would never have known it. The mint flavor is far too weak my likes and is an area about the only area that I would not a place for improvement. Please add more mint flavor.

With regards to getting food particles out from between teeth, I do not need a dentist to tell me this works, I can see it and feel it. I have crowns so I feel that I am perhaps a bit more skeptical than ever havin learned th importance of flossing on a daily basis and let me say that Oral-B Satin Floss works well with crowns.

I think that the flatter, wider shape of the floss is less irritating to my gumline than regular shap floss. My gums do not seem as sore after flossing so I feel that Oral-B Satin Floss should help me improve the health of my gums as I do not feel as rushed to get through this seemingly unpleasant but necessary part of my daily routine.

I love that the packaging has finger gooves in the sides of the container so it is easy to hold the container firmly even with wet hands. I even like the color (blues and greens) of the packaging. It is clean looking and matches how I feel about the product. The lid snaps open and close and stays closed. The satin floss is easy to wrip off out of the package yet it does not wrip on your teeth.

Oral-B Satin Floss claims that it effectively prevents gingivitis and gum disease. I am not a dentist or health care professional so all I can think about that is that if you really do floss everyday with Oral-B Satin Floss and you are now able to floss well in between teeth in places that are hard to reach with standard floss, then I would venture to say that I believe this claim. I have always liked the Oral B product brand andI think that this floss fits well with their image and other product lines.

I recomend this floss.

Oral-B Satin Floss is "just ok" in my opinion

I have read so many positive reviews on Oral-B Satin Floss. I know many friends who only use this particular brand of floss. They like the taste of it better than regular floss. They feel that it slides better, too. I, personally, though never feel like the satin floss really gets the job done well. Maybe I'm being too picky or maybe I am being silly, but it feels like (although it is thick) it glides a little too easily and I am left wondering what it is missing and what it is leaving behind. It is soft but again, maybe it is too soft for my taste. I am confident in the Oral-B brand so I wouldn't necessarly discourage someone from using this floss - especially if this is the only floss that they like. It is just not for everyone. I had to learn this the hard way by buying an 8-pack at a bulk store so I suggest trying one pack to see if you like it (as most do) so you're not stuck with 7 more packs of floss that you think is so-so (like me).

Smooth and doesn't fray.

Comments about Oral-B Satin Floss:

This floss doesn't snag or fray when using it like so many others. It glides through all teeth regardless of spacing or obstruction without falling apart and leaving strands stuck in the teeth. Daily use will get me about 2 months our of the container and the taste is great. Also it doesn't' make that awful squeaking noise when putting it through tighter spaces

First-Rate Dental Floss

Comments about Oral-B Satin Floss:

I have to floss several times a day due to having caps on all my teeth (which require more careful cleaning). I first bought Oral-B Satin Floss because I had a coupon - and I'm very glad that I did. It seems to be "silkier" than most other flosses which means it doesn't get stuck between teeth as easily as with some other brands, which makes flossing go faster (and doesn't run as much of a risk that it might cause me to tug too hard on a cap and pull it off). I haven't seen any varieties of the Satin Floss with "flavors" and I do rather miss that. Although you can buy some other brands cheaper I think this one is worth buying. And I can often find coupons online or in the Sunday paper coupon inserts. While it's not of any real importance, it does come in a very pretty package - somewhat of a "Caribbean blue" and the package is designed well, making it easy to pull out the floss and cut it off easily.

No More Shredding

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Oral-B Satin Floss:

The idea of satin dental floss struck me as odd, but my dentist recommended it to me after breaking three strands of floss on my teeth during a cleaning. My teeth are tightly packed in my mouth like a can of sardines. After braces, my teeth shifted so that some of them overlap and are hard to get between with most brands of dental floss.
I have always hated flossing because the floss gets stuck between my teeth. Once I finally pull it free, it is often weakened and will start to unravel. I have actually ripped many pieces of floss and always end up with frayed strands while flossing. It hardly seemed worth the effort until I found Oral-B Satin Floss.
I love the small container because it is easy to keep discreetly hidden in my purse and doesn't waste a lot of plastic on packaging.
The satin-coated strands are so much stronger than other brands. They don't tear or shred when I'm flossing, and the minty taste is quite refreshing.

One of a Kind Floss

from Va

Comments about Oral-B Satin Floss:

I've tried a variety of dental floss and always had problems with the floss getting stuck between my teeth and breaking since my teeth are very close together. I tried Oral-B Satin Floss and all my problems were solved. This floss is not designed like the average floss, it's smooth and thin, and slides very easy between each and every teeth with ease. Other flosses I've used were rope like and would get hung up and I'd pull and pull trying to work it in between my teeth and time after time it would break or come apart. Not Oral-B Satin, this floss has a light layer of sweet wax that tastes good and leaves teeth and breath feeling very clean. If you have teeth that are very close together I recommend this floss. It's a new way to floss without the headache. The container is also neat, you can see how much floss is left, and it's a different design than the average white floss container.

This is the floss I use

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Oral-B Satin Floss:

Oral-B Satin Floss is the stuff my dentist gives out, but even though I get it for "free" with my dental cleanings, I think it's great stuff. The floss is fairly thin, and, like the name says, it is satin-y. It glides effortlessly between my teeth, and I love that it's ribbon-shaped (flat) instead of round, because my teeth have tight contacts that round floss can't get through easily. The floss has a very slight mint flavor that I don't even notice most of the time. I will say that the floss does tend to fray a little bit when I floss between my lower incisors--they are hooked together by a permanent retainer, so they're really close together. I have had this problem with all of the types and brands of floss that I've tried, though, so I don't blame Oral-B for that one. If you're looking for a good all-around dental floss that glides between all but the tightest of contacts, I highly recommend this floss.

Not for my type of teeth

from Lincoln, NE

Comments about Oral-B Satin Floss:

I love floss. I try to use floss twice daily and I always keep floss in my purse so that I can keep my teeth clean after eating on-the-go. Nothing is worse than having food stuck in your teeth and not being able to get it out! I get food stuck in my teeth ALL THE TIME. I have pretty large teeth and after years of braces and extractions, they are now straight and look nice, but for some reason, pieces of food seem to get stuck VERY easily in my teeth. Floss is essential for me, but this Oral-B satin floss just doesn't work right for me. It seems to be too thin and doesn't get everything from between my teeth. My husband has very crowded teeth with only a tiny bit of space between each, so his dentist actually recommended this floss to him. He thinks it works fine, but I prefer a thicker, heavier floss. I also tend to tear/break this floss pretty often. I only use it as a backup if I'm out of my normal floss. Even store brand is better for me. BUT, if you have teeth that it is extremely hard to floss between, I suppose this floss would work for you. It's just not the floss for me!

Oral-B has been really disappointing to me lately.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Oral-B Satin Floss:

This is another floss product from Oral-B that I am very disappointed with. This floss costs more than the average floss but I am always up for trying new things. My husband brought this floss home after grocery shopping and I thought it would be nice to try something different. The Oral-B Satin Floss, unfortunately, does not hold a candle to the tried and true Reach Floss. The floss is not nearly as strong as it should be. It often broke in the middle of me using it. I would have to get another strand and that is very wasteful. I asked my husband how much this product cost and I was very surprised, because it was considerably more than the Reach Floss we normally use. You would think with the extra money he spent, it would be stronger and last longer. We both agreed that we would not be purchasing this product again, nor would we be recommending it to any of our friends.

A unique product, but not worth the price.

from Lagrange, OH

Comments about Oral-B Satin Floss:

Oral-B satin floss is a very unique dental floss product, but I do not typically choose to pay the additional price for this product. It reminds me more of a satin tape rather than a traditional floss texture. Because of this, it tends to more easily get stuck in my teeth. It is very gentle in the gum area, more so than traditional floss, but I do struggle to maneuver it in and out of small spaces. I feel like I can get my teeth better cleaned with a traditional type floss, which also happens to be a more inexpensive product. I will still buy this product if the price is right, however. There is plenty of floss, so it lasts a long time, and it has a fresh minty taste as well. It is easy to cut off a section within the holder. Its performance is not any less superior than other flosses, but the fact that it tends to get stuck in my teeth makes me not want to pay more money for it. It is a fair product that I may or may not purchase again.

Oral-B Satin Floss is my favorite

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Oral-B Satin Floss:

I have tried several different brands of floss, but the Oral-B Satin floss is by far my favorite. I have found that it seems to really glide between my teeth better which helps get out any stray particles. I think that sometimes with the string flosses it feels like I am just pulling and pushing back and forth and hurting my gums without making any good progress. This is the brand of floss that my dentist used to send home with me after I got my teeth cleaned, so I know that it is one that he felt was superior. I think that having a good floss makes it easier to floss your teeth, so I would highly recommend paying the extra few cents for this nicer floss. You can find it on sale and also buy it with coupons which helps out. It is my opinion that you really need to take good care of your teeth and find ways that will easily help you do that. Flossing is very important, and this Oral-B Satin floss makes it easy and pain-free.

Best Floss Ever!

Comments about Oral-B Satin Floss:

My absolute favorite dental floss ever is Oral B Satin Floss. I am always told by my dentist how important it is to make sure I floss daily, so I went thru a lot of different flosses trying them out until I was able to find one that I don't mind using. Oral B Satin floss is the favorite floss brand out of all the flosses I tried. It is thin enough to fit between your teeth, and it is strong enough to not break. It does not break apart into string pieces, or tear while you are trying to floss your teeth.

I keep this floss in my purse if I need it after going out to eat, and I keep one in my desk drawer at work if I need one after I'm done eating my lunch while I am at work. These are super affordable, so I don't mind at all that I have a lot of these that I keep in different places. You can buy them at pretty much any convenience store, pharmacy, or larger grocery store, so they are really convenient to buy whenever you might need some floss.

I really like that it doesn't have a flavor, so it's not an overwhelming taste. Also, there is no coating on the floss, so nothing breaks off and is left behind when you are done flossing.