Other Electric Toothbrushes:

Oral-B ProfessionalCare SmartSeries Toothbrush

Pros

Cons

• Performance/Cleaning:

Oral B Smart Series Toothbrush Cleans Teeth. Period.

I bought the Oral B Smart Series toothbrush to replace an old Philips rechargable that was no longer holding a charge. I had no idea what I was missing with this toothbrush. It cleans my teeth so much they glisten. I don't know what I was doing with my old Philips one for so long.

The Oral B SmartSeries has four different settings that range from sensitive to deep cleaning. I only use deep cleaning. The bristles pulsate as you brush, but if you push too hard the pulsating stops so you don't irritate the gums. This might be a good brush for my ten year-old who almost requires an armed guard at the bathroom door to get him to brush his teeth. He might like this and use it more than the manual.

I keep the toothbrush plugged in when I'm not using it, so I can't say how long the battery holds a charge. The replacement heads can be pricey, but they are on sale periodically and you can even get them discounted on ebay. Some dentists will sell them too, but mine sells the replacement heads at full retail price, which doesn't work for my wallet.

You won't be sorry with the Oral B SmartSeries. My teeth are cleaner and whiter than when I was using the Philips rechargable.

OK. but issue with power button

I’ve always been satisfied and consistent customer of Braun products such as their electric razors, Oral-B toothbrushes, so purchasing this product was and easy decision for me to make.

This...Read complete review

This toothbrush worked fine for me for about the first year and I had no issues with it. I started to experience some problems with the on/off button at this point. I had to press the on off button much harder than usual to get on or off. This was soon very problematic when I couldn't turn it off. It ran until the battery charge was charge completely exhausted. I could occasionally turn it on or off with if I really leaned on the button to the point where my thumb was sore!

I called the customer support number listed on the company Website to look into the warranty. They noted that without an original receipt (which I no longer had 1+ years after purchase), they had to go by the manufactured date for the brush. By this date, the two year warranty was expired since the product apparently sat around for a year before it was sold.

A good product when it worked. However, be warned that the product has the potential for a critical flaw with the power button. Also, if you do buy it, you’d better keep your receipt for the first two years in case an issue arises before the warranty expires.

Amazing electric toothbrush at an affordable price.

Comments about Oral-B ProfessionalCare SmartSeries Toothbrush:

I purchased the Oral-B professional care smart series 4000 toothbrush a few years ago and am extremely happy with the results. This toothbrush has a lot of power and thoroughly cleans my teeth each time I use it. The charge on the unit last a long time. I highly recommend this product.

Performance/Cleaning
The Oral-B professional care smart series 4000 toothbrush performance and cleaning attributes are amazing. It's a powerful unit that provides excellent results. My teeth feel so clean and fresh each time I use it. This electric toothbrush doesn't even compare to my old manual toothbrush. It cuts down on plague significantly.

I have owned this unit for several years. It's so easy to maintain. You can purchase the Henry feels actually local grocery or drug store. Kroger carries a generic replacement head that fits this unit. My Oral-B professional care smart series 4000 toothbrush is still going strong.

• Performance/Cleaning:

Keeps my teeth feeling clean and fresh

from Palm Harbor, FL

Comments about Oral-B ProfessionalCare SmartSeries Toothbrush:

The Oral-B Professional Healthy Clean Precision 4000 does an excellent job of cleaning teeth and is easy to use. It does vibrate, but not a lot and you should get used to it after a while. I did not find the toothbrush to be loud, but if you compare it to a manual toothbrush you might find the noise distracting. The Oral-B fits comfortably in the hand. I did not find the brush head to be bulky or uncomfortable and I do require a small brush head. There are different styles of brush heads to choose from.

Performance/Cleaning
I feel that it cleans just as well as the dental hygienist does. Of course it does not remove all the calculus or tartar that is a form of hardened dental plaque, but when I do have my teeth cleaned I'm in and out of the chair in minutes. Need to floss to keep the calculus or tartar off of the teeth along with using this great product.

I have used this brand for years and have never had a problem. Very durable.

For 20+ years we have been using Oral-B electronic toothbrushes

Comments about Oral-B ProfessionalCare SmartSeries Toothbrush:

The Oral-B 4000 along with the two other series we have owned over the past 20 years have had a very positive impact on our dental health. Our Dentist always comments on how clean we are able to keep our teeth in between Dental Cleanings.

Performance/Cleaning
This is a very important cleaning and health tool. I am a first generation Congenital Heart Defect Patient and Oral care can impact your heart health. The replacement brush heads are well worth the results I get.

We just purchased our Oral-B 4000 a month ago, we gave our son who moved back home the Oral-B with the basic two minuet timer. I have never owned a rechargeable product of any kind that has last as long as our Oral-B electronic tooth brushes. They go with us when we travel. They have kept a great charge during long power outages and every time we purchase a new one it was to upgrade, not because the older one stopped working.

• Performance/Cleaning:

Very efficient, well worth the money, electric toothbrush

Comments about Oral-B ProfessionalCare SmartSeries Toothbrush:

I would definitely rate this brush among the top competitors with quality ad durability. It has extremely easy to change heads which can be changed depending on person of use

Performance/Cleaning
I think that it is as easy to clean as many leading brands which supply electric toothbrushes, if you wish to place a head they can be purchased separate from the toothbrush for a low cost. This rechargeable toothbrush is extremely easy to use once removed from the power source it is simple to click the power button and one finished brushing to connect back to charger

This is a long lasting toothbrush and can be used time and time again. It is very sensitive on teeth and the battery is quite quickly charged for repeated use each day. The long lasing battery can be taken on trips and should hold its charge for several uses if without power for a few days. I enjoy the durability of this toothbrush

• Performance/Cleaning:

Nice Cleaning, poor build, watch your warranty!

from Redding, CA

Comments about Oral-B ProfessionalCare SmartSeries Toothbrush:

We bought two of these Oral B 4000s at the same time. The packaging was slightly different for each, but we really didn't think anything of it. We liked that you can put different tips on them for different cleaning goals (flossing, whitening, etc). Both worked equally well for about a month, but one of them eventually started getting condensation in the LCD display to the point where you couldn't read it. When we contacted P&G for warranty repair, we initially couldn't find the receipt, so we gave them the manufacture code off the bottom. To our surprise we found out the one that was failing had been made 4 years earlier, and we couldn't get warranty repair/replacement unless we found the receipt. It was pretty shocking to find such an old item on the shelf when the one next to it we also bought was manufactured just last year. Moral of the story on this one? SAVE YOUR RECEIPT. These are prone to failure and you will not get warranty service without it.

Oral B Professional Care 4000 is great

from Emeryville, CA

Comments about Oral-B ProfessionalCare SmartSeries Toothbrush:

My dentist recommended the Oral B Professional Care 4000 after my last appointment and I am extremely happy with it. It leaves my mouth feeling like I just left the dentists office. This product does a great job cleaning my teeth without being hard on my gums. The Oral B Professional Care SmartSeries 4000 is great for cleaning teeth. It comes with a power charger and four different sample brush heads for the following uses: Daily Clean, Sensitive, Whitening, Deep Clean. This product does a great job on my teeth when I use Deep clean mode. I chose this product because it is gentle on my teeth and doesn't cause my gums to bleed. Oral B 4000 does a better job than my traditional toothbrush by improving my gum health. I have notice the difference after 3 weeks because it whitens and polishes my teeth. The pressure sensor lets me know when I brush too hard by stop pulsations. The Oral B Professional Care SmartSeries 4000 can be used with the following Oral-B Refill Heads: Oral-B Floss Action, Oral-B ProWhite, Oral-B Dual Clean, Oral-B Precision Clean, Oral-B Sensitive, Oral-B BracesCare, Oral-B OrthoCare.

It is wonderful.

from Kent, WA

Oral-B Professional Care SmartSeries 4000 Rechargeable Toothbrush

Replaced older Braun device with this one, works very well, charging stand is like a circle, meaning tooth brush device sits inside charging ring, so no more water collection in the charging device. Comes with two brush heads, one for cleaning, one for polishing, has nice battery indicator on it.

Long lasting amazing toothbrush

from Alexandria, VA

Comments about Oral-B ProfessionalCare SmartSeries Toothbrush:

I have had this toothbrush forever and it has never let me down. The brush heads last forever and it works well to keep your teeth clean. The brush heads are not that expensive and overall I think you save alot more money in the end instead of buying individual toothbrushes.

Oral-B Intensity Electric Toothbrush

from La Jolla, CA

Comments about Oral-B ProfessionalCare SmartSeries Toothbrush:

The Oral-B Intensity Electric Toothbrush was recommended by the cleaning technicians at my local dentist. It makes brushing teeth much easier and efficient. Before getting this electric toothbrush, it was not uncommon that the dentist would find multiple cavities at each 6 month checkup. However, after getting this toothbrush, I have only gotten about one cavity since then.

In the beginning, the high speed and vibration of the toothbrush may irritate the gum area. However, if you keep using it, you will become accustomed to it and it should be fine after a week or two. It is recommended that you change the head of the toothbrush every 6 months. I find it easiest to just change it when you go to you 6 month check up. It is a good reminder for me and might work for any others out there.

I have been a user of this tooth brush for nearly 3 years and would recommend it to anyone that wants to keep their teeth clean and spend less time getting fillings at the dentist office.

OK. but issue with power button