Other Electric Toothbrushes:
Oral-B
D16.513.U
Oral-B Deep Sweep 1000 Electric Toothbrush

Oral-B Deep Sweep 1000 Electric Toothbrush

This is a really good low cost basic Oral B brush.

Comments about Oral-B Deep Sweep 1000 Electric Toothbrush:

I just recently purchased this brush and have been very pleased with it. I had always been reluctant to spend so much money for a toothbrush, especially since you can now buy the battery powered ones in drug stores or grocery stores for sometimes less than what these replacement heads cost. However, I find that I do get a deeper, better clean with this brush. My teeth and gums feel healthier and more refreshed and I'm more likely to stick to a better schedule because the 30 second timer per quadrant adds up to 2 minutes total and this is a lot less time than I usually spend with a manual brush. I've noticed that my teeth are whiter in the few weeks since I've switched to this tooth brush and my gums look and feel more healthy as well.

• Performance/Cleaning:

Pretty Good Electric Toothbrush

Comments about Oral-B Deep Sweep 1000 Electric Toothbrush:

Overall, I like this electric toothbrush. I used to have a Sonicare Elite Series but I do like this electric toothbrush better. From a strictly hygenic point of view, the Oral-B cleaning heads attach to the tooth brush by pushing them down onto a spindle. The Sonicare brush head attached by twisting it on the handle. When you would take the brush head off the Sonicare handle, you would find a soupy, germy mess inside the handle. The handle of the Oral-B is completely closed so there is no sesspool of germs sitting there inside the brush.

Performance/Cleaning
This brush cleans pretty well. I like the fact that there is a "timer" to assist you in brushing thoroughly and evenly. Also, there is a light that flashes to let you know if you are applying too much pressure as you brush. As long as the brush head is in good shape, my teeth do feel clean and I have had good dental exams with no cavities.

The electric handle has held up well over this past year of use. My only complaint is that the brush heads wear out quickly and once they wear out the brush does not clean as well. The brush head has a blue color on some of the bristles indicating wear and as soon as that blue color is almost gone, I notice plaque on my teeth after brushing. The package says to replace the head every three months but on at least one occasion, I didn't make it three months.

• Performance/Cleaning: