Other Electric Toothbrushes:

Oral-B CrossAction Power Toothbrush

Pros

Cons

• Performance/Cleaning:

The angled bristles really get between my teeth!

As far as toothbrushes go, I go with the one my dentist recommends (and usually gives me). My dentist recommends the Oral-B CrossAction manual toothbrush. I had thought she would recommend an expensive electric toothbrush, but she says that in conjunction with flossing, I should not need to use anything more expensive than a manual toothbrush.

The Oral-B CrossAction manual toothbrush has three rows of angled bristles, and an extra long Power Tip at the end of the toothbrush. The two outer rows of bristles alternate a circular clump of shorter bristles and a flatter clump of longer bristles, both at the same angle. The middle row of bristles has the same pattern, only these are wide, flat clumps situated on an angle in the opposite direction from the outer rows. At the brush end of the head, all three rows of bristles come together in a point. At the tip of the brush is a triangular clump of strong blue bristles, also at an angle but much longer than the other bristles on the brush.

This combination of bristles comes together to get between my teeth to flush out any particles I missed during flossing. I can feel the Power Tip getting behind my back teeth and the CrossAction bristles really stimulate my gums. I do use soft bristles, which is the most firm my dentist recommends. The  Oral-B CrossAction manual toothbrush has a thick, sturdy handle with rubber grips on both sides so it doesn't get slippery.

The Oral-B CrossAction manual toothbrush's outer rows of bristles are indicator blue bristles. When the bristles' blue color fades halfway, you know it is time to replace your Oral-B CrossAction manual toothbrush. Even if they don't fade, three months between brushes is a good guideline. Mine have always faded, though.

For an affordable way to get your teeth clean, look to the Oral-B CrossAction manual toothbrush. Outstanding.

Thanks to Oral B My Head Feels numb but my teeth feel clean

I just recently bought the Oral-B CrossAction Power Toothbrush, it is my first power toothbrush, I've used manual up until now and decided it was time to get serious about my dental health. Besides, I was hoping to get that squeaky clean feeling that a manual toothbrush just never seems to give. I've been using the Oral-B CrossAction Power Toothbrush for approximately two weeks now and I can definitely say that I do indeed get that nice squeaky clean feel to my teeth. The vibrations from the toothbrush are taking some getting used to. When I am done brushing my teeth my lips feel a bit numb and my head feels a little rattled. Also, I can't seem to stop toothpaste from dribbling out and all over the handle of the toothbrush so I find I really have to give it a good clean after I am done. I would say the purchase was worth my money, this does a good job and it is inexpensive for a rechargeable toothbrush.

Not worth wasting your money on it..

Comments about Oral-B CrossAction Power Toothbrush:

I say its not worth it because it works just as well as any other electric toothbrush and it doesnt own up to what its says it will do but it works and if u would love to waste your money but i believe that all toothbrushes work the same and it really is not worth wasting your money

Sparkling teeth!

Comments about Oral-B CrossAction Power Toothbrush:

I love the Oral-B CrossAction Power Toothbrush because it makes my teeth sparkle clean! I also use the electric toothbrush to brush my tongue as well. It reaches all the way to the back of my teeth easily and it's easy to maneuver. The batteries also last pretty long too.

Good price, Good brush

from Anaheim, CA

Comments about Oral-B CrossAction Power Toothbrush:

Before buying the Oral-B battery toothbrush I used manual toothbrushes. As soon as I started using this brush I fell in love with it. The design of the brush makes it very easy to have a grip around it. It is very powerful and it requires only one battery. The replacement heads are not very costly and are easily available in stores. After using the brush my teeth is cleaner and feels like I have cleaned them professionally.
The brush has two buttons for turning it ON and OFF, which is sometimes difficult to keep in mind. The off button is very small and many times I have pressed the ON button to turn the brush off they I remember the lower button is the one that turns the brush OFF.!
I would definitely recommend this product for the people who do not want to spend a lot of money for cleaning their teeth regularly and want a better cleaning than a manual brush can do.

Affordable Power Toothbrush

Comments about Oral-B CrossAction Power Toothbrush:

I do not use the toothbrush everyday as I alternate with a manual brush but so far it has worked well. Haven't had to replace the battery yet after 6 months. It has good power for the very small motor and no need to recharge. It is a little bulky and hard to reach those wisedom teeth but I have the same issue with a manual brush as well. I do feel the bristles do not reach well in between my teeth thus I do not use this toothbrush excusively as I feel my manual brush does a better job at this.

Performance/Cleaning
Good speed and power, the bristles do not rotate too fast to make it uncomfortable on your teeth and gums. The toothbrush is simple to clean under running water for a few seconds after each use.

It has held up well for the 6 months I've owned it. I have not yet changed the batteries that came with the toothbrush when I purchased it. The toothbrush feels sturdy without being too heavy or bulky.

• Performance/Cleaning:

Does a good job for a low price

from Lagrange, OH

Comments about Oral-B CrossAction Power Toothbrush:

I have been using this Oral-b CrossAction Power Toothbrush for a little over a year, and I am very satisfied with its performance. My dentist had recommended that I start to use a power toothbrush to combat plaque buildup, and I chose this one based on the good name of Oral B and also based on the reasonable price. It runs on a double A battery, so it is easy to replace the battery and not costly. It does a very thorough job and leaves my mouth feeling clean. And the best test is that when I returned to the dentist, he noticed much less plaque build up on my teeth. So it is an effective product! It is sturdy and well designed. The brushes are gentle and soft. It is easy to keep clean and fits in a standard sized toothbrush holder. The batteries do need replaced fairly often, depending on how often you brush your teeth, but it is an easy replacement. I will continue to use this excellent product, and I highly recommend it if you are looking for a lower priced power toothbrush. You will not be disappointed.

• Performance/Cleaning:

Good brush at a low price

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Oral-B CrossAction Power Toothbrush:

While waiting for my replacement brushes for my regular toothbrush I picked up the Oral-B CossAction Power Toothbrush. The main reason I picked this brush was because it was fairly cheap and wasn't a manual brush. I must say that this brush is almost on par with my Oral-B 1000 Toothbrush. The only main difference between the two brushes is that the CrossAction is underpowered. It's not a major thing, but it's noticeable. I used this brush twice a day for a week and the results were great. The bristles were a little too stiff for my liking out of the package, but they softened up a bit fairly quickly. The only major downside to this brush is that it is battery operated. Replacing batteries every week is just something I don't wont to do because I know I will forget one day. Plus it would be considered a downgrade from my Oral-B 1000. If I never used the Oral-B 1000 I would consider buying rechargeable batteries for the CrossAction. I definitely would recommend the Oral-B CrossAction Power Toothbrush anyone looking a good powered brush at a low price.

• Performance/Cleaning:

Cleans well, but can be messy!

from East Wareham, MA

Comments about Oral-B CrossAction Power Toothbrush:

I purchased this Oral-B power toothbrush because it was a good deal. I have not had the best of luck at the dentist lately, so I thought since this was a good price, I would try it. I do like how it rotates, since it is a power toothbrush. I love the feeling of getting a good cleaning up and around the gum line and along the gums. I feel like this toothbrush can get in places in my mouth and around my teeth where regular manual toothbrushes can not reach. I like the performance of this toothbrush. The only downside to this power toothbrush is that my toothpaste starts to run out of my mouth right away. It also can spray toothpaste all over the place, such as on my mirror, when I am brushing if I am not very careful. I tend to just lean over the sink and let it dribble down my chin as I am brushing, or else I would be spitting every five seconds. I do like this toothbrush, but I wish there was a neater and cleaner way to use it without it spraying toothpaste everywhere and without drooling toothpaste down my chin as I brush my teeth. It is worth it, though, for the good cleaning I get every time I brush my teeth.

Good Electric Toothbrush, but Manual Ones are Just as Good

Comments about Oral-B CrossAction Power Toothbrush:

I have never been a big fan of electric toothbrushes, but I bought this one a few days before a scheduled dentist appointment to ensure my teeth were really clean (my dentist and most like to chastised for one speck of plaque). It got the job done, but didn't stand out that much to me from a manual toothbrush. I didn't like how it vibrated my whole head, but my teeth were clean. You can get your teeth just as clean with a manual toothbrush if it's held at the right angles, so I personally seen the electric one as unnecessary.

• Performance/Cleaning:

A good vibrating toothbrush!

Comments about Oral-B CrossAction Power Toothbrush:

I like this toothbrush, it is much more affordable than you think, and it really gets my teeth done well. My dentist is always impressed with how well my cleaning checkups go, and swore that was using a sonic care toothbrush the first time I saw him. He was pretty surprised when I told him it was oral b brand!

My favorite toothbrush ever! The Oral-B CrossAction is amazing

from Neenah, WI

Comments about Oral-B CrossAction Power Toothbrush:

Overall I would give the Oral-B CrossAction toothbrush a 10 out of 10! It has really good power for cleaning, yet it doesn't feel harsh on my teeth or gums. I feel like it gets the build up in the back of my mouth and the harder to reach areas in behind my teeth. I am not a fan of the regular toothbrush and have tried many brands of the power kinds. This on is my favorite by far!!! Great for travel as you don't have to worry about bringing the charger or stand for it. Not big or bulky so it will fit nicely in your cosmetic bag. I would like to see it in more colors, but I can't dock my rating for color=)

Performance/Cleaning
Great power in a toothbrush, yet soft on my teeth at the same time. My gums are not sore, I let the toothbrush do the work! Love the spinning heads and the size of the brush head.

Perfect! Battery lasts a long time. I have dropped it on my tile bathroom floor and nothing has happened. I take it when I travel and it fits well in my makeup bag.