Other Toothpastes:
Orajel
Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste

Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste

Training Toddlers to Have Healthy Teeth with Orajel

I want my little ones to pick up those healthy habits early so they don't have the same dental issues we had.  Ever since they were little, we made sure teeth got cleaned whether it be with a wash cloth or their own toothbrush.  Uusing regular flouridated toothpaste with little ones who have no skill in spitting because a problem since you don't want them swallowing it.  We also have flouridated water so we do not want them to ingest too much flouride, which can be toxic for babies.  The solution for keeping teeth clean comes as toddler training toothpastes, which do not contain flouride, yet help get little teeth clean.  One such toothpaste we have picked up is the **Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste**.  The main reason I picked up this particular toothpaste was because I was looking for a new toothbrush for my little guy and this was the best value.

Currently there are four different flavors of Orajel Toddler Toothpaste available, three feature Little Bear and one with Thomas the Train.  I believe we have the fruit splash version, which has just enough flavor to make it something toddlers want to taste.  There is sorbitol as a sugar substitute to make it just a little sweet as well.  The toothpaste comes in a squeeze tube that stands on its top keeping the paste the tip.  This is important as the "paste" is not really paste but a semi-thin gel.  From what I hear all toddler toothpastes are like this.  Unfortunately, this is one thing I don't like about it... you open the cap the gel runs out sticking to the cap area.  I now just hold it upright and then open the cap, then I can get just enough out.  This particular tube I bought at least 6 months ago, which tells you how long a tube will last and this was with 2 little ones using it at least once per day.  I generally only use enough for taste for my little guy as he tends to want to suck it off more than anything.

My littlest guy really enjoys brushing now - even runs to the bathroom when we say it's time to brush.  He seems to quite enjoy his toothpaste as well as he's toothpaste.  I would definitely recommend looking into Orajel's Toddler Toothpaste as a beginner toothpaste.  The added bonus is that a tube of toothpaste also comes with a toddler sized toothbrush.  For little ones still working on spitting skills, Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste is definitely a good choice as it doesn't contain flouride like regular toothpastes, but is enough to get toddlers interested in their toothbrushes.

My daughter loves it, not sure if I do...

I have been using this toothpaste the past couple years with my little girl and she loves it. When I tried to switch her to my fluoride-free toothpaste she rebelled; I guess it just did not taste as good! She loves the animals on the tube and the fun flavors, which makes teeth-brushing time much easier for us. The problem is, it tastes TOO good and I have caught her trying to eat it several times. I have had to begin storing it on top of the bathroom over-the-toilet cabinet to keep it out of her reach. I am glad there is a fluoride free option for training toddlers. My one concern with this product is that it contains proplyene glycol, which can be toxic to the body in concentration, particularly in small children. I will be shopping around to find a safer but still tasty alternative for my daughter without any chemicals or toxins that could be damaging. I have enjoyed using Orajel for the past couple of years, though!

My daughter LOVES this toothpaste.

from Nazareth, pa

Comments about Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste:

I originally bought this toothpaste for my daughter when she was about eight months old to start working on brushing all her new teeth. I did not want her to have cavities, unfresh breath, or just a generally dirty mouth because we could not get her to brush her teeth. She did NOT like having her teeth brushed for any reason. I bought the Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste in hopes that she would like the flavor. It turned out that she loved that My Little Pony was on the tube of toothpaste. I love the fact that if she swallows this toothpaste it is not a issue because it is made to be able to do that. She looks forward to teeth brushing multiple times a day. Before we started using this toothpaste it was a complete fight to get her to even tolerate it. She now reminds me that she needs her toothbrush and her pony toothpaste so that she can brush her teeth before she goes to bed.

A good baby toothpaste

from Medina, OH

Comments about Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste:

Orajel's Toddler Training Toothpaste is a great idea for little kids. I don't want to use regular toothpaste for my 18-month -old, because I don't want him ingesting flouride. The dentist told me using only water was fine for this age, but his teeth don't seem to get as clean.

Enter training toothpaste. My son's teeth are definitely cleaner than when I only use water, and he is more willing to have his teeth brushed when I use it. I think he likes the Bubble Burst flavor. The toothpaste is clear so it doesn't make much of a mess if spilled.

The downside is that if my older son uses it he thinks it is OK to swallow any toothpaste. He was so used to not having to spit out the training toothpaste that it took us a long time to retrain him in proper brushing techniques.

my girls love this toothpaste

from Gainesville, GA

Comments about Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste:

my girls (ages 5 and 3) LOVE this toothpaste....they will run upstairs to brush their teeth. i have tried it and it has a great bubble gum flavor that lasts and isn't too strong. their dentist is very pleased with the condition of their teeth while using this product.....i would recommend this to anyone trying to teach their toddlers how to brush their teeth...gives them something to look forward to .

Great training paste

from Deland, FL

Comments about Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste:

My one year old loves to brush his teeth because of this toothpaste. It has a good flavor and I almost think he likes to brush his teeth a little toooo much. :) However, I do not mind if he swallows it because I know it can not hurt him, which is nice. It is just one less thing for me to worry about in my life as a mom. It is a bit costly for almost all Orajel, but shopping the closeout sections of my local grocery stores and drug stores I am sometimes able to buy it half price.

I would definitely recommend this product to any friend with a young child as a training toothpaste. The only issue I have with Orajel training paste is that switching from this tooth paste to a regular mint flavored toothpaste is a difficult task. The taste difference is pretty apparent and kids do not like the swicth which means I have to spend more money on this costly product for a longer amount of time just to get them to brush their teeth.

My kids love Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste!

from Roxboro, NC

Comments about Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste:

I originally bought Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste so that my daughter could brush safely until she learned how to spit out toothpaste. She loved it immediately, and while she was happy to brush her teeth before, suddenly she loved toothbrush time.

My son loves it even more. The biggest problem we have had with this toothpaste is that even though my son is now more than ready for regular kids' toothpaste, he does not want to give up his training toothpaste.

Orajel Training Toothpaste can be found at most retail stores. The price is a bit higher than that of other toothpastes, but it is well worth it. It would be nice if there were ever coupons available for this product, but I have yet to see any. Each tube does last for quite some time since it is necessary to use such a tiny amount for each use.

I would definitely recommend this product for any toddlers who are just learning how to brush their teeth.

Orajel toddler training toothpaste is a must in our home.

from Idaho Falls, ID

Comments about Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste:

My kids love to brush their teeth but they love it because they get to use this tooth paste. They love the taste (we have bubble burst) and they are slowly learning that it isn't for eating but for cleaning their teeth. I've used this with 3 kids now and none of them have complained about it. They look forward to using. It can be a little bit expensive but my kids only use a little bit each time they brush. I feel good that they can safely brush their teeth without me being worried that they will swallow too much of it. also the mild flavor is great. My kids aren't big fans of mint flavors so this is a great alternative for us. It is a good tool to use to help graduate your kids to regular toothpaste. My kids will even ask to brush their teeth if they see their toothbrushes or this tooth paste - no fights about it in our house! My kids teeth get clean, they are happy, and they are learning good oral hygiene. It's great.

Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste is awesome

from Matthews, NC

Comments about Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste:

I have been using Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste with my daughter for thirteen months now. I was very excited as I ran out and bought it when my daughter was seventeen months, and getting her first tooth. (For the record, I *was* worried that it took her so long, but fast forward thirteen months...she has since grown them all) I bought the flavor "Bubble Burst", and my daughter has always seemed to love it, so I assume that it tastes good to her. She also loves that it has one of her favorite characters, Little Bear, on the tube and I do as well. It's very nostalgic as I used to watch the show as a kid too. I love the fact that it is fluoride-free, and is safe if swallowed, because swallow it she did. I'm pretty sure that every kid has..it's like a playground rite of passage. Anyway, I'm glad that someone invited toddler tooth paste because you can teach your kids about dental hygiene without the flouride risk.

My daughter loves it, not sure if I do...

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste:

Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste Is A Family Favorite!

from Audubon, NJ

Comments about Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste:

Let me just start out by saying that my children absolutely LOVE this toothpaste! I have a one year old, a three year old and a six year old and they ALL use it everyday! I never have a problem with my children when I ask them to brush their teeth because they love the taste of it so much! Even the baby will open his mouth up wide as he can so that he can get a good brushing! I love it! The only drawback to this toothpaste is that it is very expensive! We go through a lot of this stuff because of having three children that use it so I wish it were half as expensive as it is! But really, when you have toothpaste that your children enjoy using you really just have to suck it up and pay for it! It's worth every penny! We've been trying to switch our six year old to adult toothpaste but she just loves the Orajel brand so much she has no interest in using grown up toothpaste! We love this brand and so do our children!

My toddler can brush just like his big brother.

from Dulles, VA

Comments about Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste:

My toddler loves to be independent and thinks that brushing his teeth is one of the coolest things ever.  A little squirt of this training toothpaste helps him to learn how to brush his teeth.  While we are working on brushing and not just sucking off the toothpaste, I don't have to worry about him eating too much toothpaste.  With the frequency he wants to brush his teeth that could be a serious issue.  He could care less about the bear character.  He would really love the Thomas Tank Engine one if he knew that existed.  Since I don't have to worry about motivating him to brush his teeth, we are staying clear of that one!  I recommend this for young children who are learning to brush their teeth or even older ones who might swallow too much toothpaste.  If you have trouble getting your children to brush your teeth, check to see if orajel training toothpaste has a character that might motivate your little one.