Other Fever & Pain Medicines:

Orajel Severe Toothache Instant Pain Relief

Pros

Cons

Works great

Unfortunately a while ago I had a terrible tooth that gave me fits a lot. At the time I was not able to visit a dentist to take care of it so I started trying every toothache medicine on the shelves. I tried gels, creams, and liquids. This Orajel Severe Toothache Instant Pain Relief cream is by far my absolute favorite! I love that the product is a cream. With the cream, it always seemed to stay on my tooth longer. I found that I also did not have to use as much of the cream as I would if I used the original gel. The taste of course is not very nice, but I would much rather have a bad taste in my mouth with no pain than to have a pounding toothache. The price of the Orajel cream was a little more expensive than some other brands, but it is definitely worth it. I would recommend this product to anyone who needs some temporary relief from an aching tooth until they can make it to the dentist.

This cream is very easy to use. I just use q-tips to apply it to my tooth easily.

Immediacy
The cream seems to work almost immediately. For me, my tooth will hurt extremely bad when I first apply it but a few seconds later the pain is gone.

It just isn't for me.

For me, Orajel Severe Toothache Pain Relief just does not work well enough for me to continue purchasing. It will sooth a tooth ache almost immediately but that relief only lasts for about 10 minutes. The packaging only directs applying it 4 times per day, if I remember correctly. I would have to apply it more than 4 times per HOUR if I wanted continuos relief. There is just no point in me using this product.

I do NOT recommend Orajel Severe Toothache Pain Relief because the relief only lasts a few minutes. It is a waste of money for such a brief period of pain relief.

For me, this product is effective for a VERY brief period of time. It will numb the area and I will feel some relief but it does not last long. In a matter of minutes my pain returns. It is pretty much pointless for me to waste my money on this product.

This is easy to use because all you do is apply the product to the area that is causing you pain.

Immediacy
You feel the numbing relief almost immediately.

It is AMZING

from San Antonio TX

About Me Healthy Adult

Pros

• Easy To Administer
  • Effective
  • Prevents Swelling
  • Relieves Pain
  • Relieves Symptoms Fast

Cons

Comments about Orajel Severe Toothache Instant Pain Relief:

It gives a numb feeling but takes all the pain away I literally felt nothing it was amazing

Orajel works to relieve toothache and other mouth pain.

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Orajel Severe Toothache Instant Pain Relief:

I don't typically like to use topical medicine for pain but sometimes they do help. I had a deep filling that started to crack and was getting some pain a while back. I bought some Orajel Severe Toothache Instant Pain Relief to try to get some comfort. I thought it definitely helped. Orajel can be a little pricey but since you only have to use a tiny amount the tube lasts a long time.

If I am going to use any topical numbing gel or cream, I combine it with pill pain relievers as well. The combination of the two together seem to work well for me. This works well to relieve toothaches or other issues you may have in your mouth.

This is easy to use. I like to apply it as accurately as I can or else my entire mouth and tongue ends up numb. I use a Q-tip or my pinky finger to apply.

Immediacy
      This starts to work immediately. The effects start to decline not long after applying. This is one of the only drawbacks. So of course you are going to get the most pain relief as soon as you put in on. However, it still numbs and dulls the pain for a while after.

• Immediacy:

Fast relief for terrible pain

Comments about Orajel Severe Toothache Instant Pain Relief:

I absolutely adore Orajel severe toothache instant pain relief gel. I am so impressed with the immediacy of this particular medication. One day I was having terrible pain in my mouth due to the fact that my molars were coming in. I purchased this particular medication and it gave me the exact relief I needed from my terrible toothache. I am very impressed with this product. Although it is a bit more expensive than it's competitors it really does work. The relief lasts for about one hour. I would definitely reccomend this product to anyone who suffers from toothaches. I know that I will continue to purchase and use this product. This particular product is also extremely convenient to purchase. I was able to find this product available for purchase at my local grocery store and at the drugstore.

A highly effective product.

Product is extremely easy to use. It comes in a gel form.

Immediacy
      Started feeling relief from this particular medication immediately.

It just isn't for me.

from Kansas

Immediacy
      You feel the numbing relief almost immediately.

Works great

from TN

• Immediacy:

The best oral pain relief

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Orajel Severe Toothache Instant Pain Relief:

The orajel instant pain relief extra strength medicine is by far the best toothache gel you can buy. One day I woke up with a pain in my back tooth like I had never felt before. The pain was so bad it felt like it was from my tooth through my jaw and into my head. I couldn't talk so I went to the dentist. Turned out I needed a root canal. I made an appointment, but it turned out I couldn't be seen for almost a week and a half later. I didn't know what to do. I went to the pharmacy and seen all types of oral pain relievers for toothaches, some of which I've tried before with toothaches and not much relief. The only brand I knew worked great was orajel and when I seen it was extra strength, I bought it immediately. I put it on my back tooth and only a drop needed. Within a minute it completely numbed the pain. It worked better than anything else I have ever used. I used it with success every time until I seen the oral surgeon. Thank goodness for orajel extra strength. It saved me from a lot of pain. I would definitely recommend this and it's a great product.

Effective Toothache Reliever

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Orajel Severe Toothache Instant Pain Relief:

I think Orajel is a good quick fix for tooth pain. I've used it over the years to help relieve toothaches due to cavities and specifically a loose filling. The Severe Toothache Instant Pain Relief Orajel works wonders!

Works wonders! This Orajel is so powerful that it will actually numb your tongue and cheek if you get gel on it. Once applied, you cannot feel any pain from the tooth and can feel immediate relief.

Orajel I pretty easy to use. I prefer to squeeze the gel on to a Q-Tip and apply it to the spot of pain. You can instantly feel the relief! The product name is true to it's word! Of course, the further back the tooth pain, the more difficult it is to get to the spot. However, with a little practice and a good mirror it can be done!

Immediacy
      The relief is instant! The regular Orajel works quickly, but this Instant Relief Orajel works even faster! I only wish the relief lasted longer. That is the only thing I would change about this Orajel. The relief is fast, but it is not long lasing.

Actually Works!

from chicago Illinois

Comments about Orajel Severe Toothache Instant Pain Relief:

I am terrified of having my wisdom teeth pulled. Every time the doctor informs me of the exact procedure, I panic and never return for the procedure. This product is truly a lifesaver for me because it does the job quickly and it lasts for a good deal of time. This product is a constant lifesaver for me every time I get a toothache.

This product is very effective on the wisdom tooth pain. It is very fast acting and relieves my pain in a matter of minutes.

It is pretty simple to use this product. Because they include the applicator with it, it is especially easy to apply the product because the applicator is small enough to really saturate the entire tooth, even the top wisdom teeth all the way in the back of your mouth

Immediacy
      This product works extremely fast on alleviating the pain of a toothache. This product truly does what it claims to do. I highly recommend it, especially if you are putting off a visit to the dentist.

• Immediacy:

Relief to get me by before seeing the dentist

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Orajel Severe Toothache Instant Pain Relief:

This product is worth it if you have a toothache but cannot see the dentist until tomorrow or even over a weekend. It only requires a little, so the tube will last. The kind of pain this relieves well is the throbbing sick pain you get with an abscess or deep cavity with an exposed nerve. By relieving this pain so I can sleep, it gets me by until I can see the dentist. Once, I even got through a work shift by applying this remedy because I would need the money from that paycheck to pay the dentist!

It removes the pain, particularly if I apply it to the gum as well as the tooth. And the relief lasts a few hours for me and often longer if I fall asleep.

I just apply a dab to my fingertip and place it on the tooth that hurts and spread some gel on the gum around the tooth as well. It also has a minty medicinal taste that is not unpleasant, so it makes using this product easy with kids.

Immediacy
      I feel an effect right away, but do notice that it stings instantaneously if the tooth aches because a nerve is exposed, but then the pain relief starts right away after that.

• Immediacy:

Orajel just doesn't work for me.

from Bland, VA

Comments about Orajel Severe Toothache Instant Pain Relief:

Over the years I've had the ocassional toothache and getting to the dentist immediately isn't always an option (especially on weekends or in the middle of the night). And since tooth pain is so maddening, finding something/anything to help with the toothache until you can get to a dentist is really important.

Unfortunately for me, Orajel isn't that something. The most it ever does for me is mildly dull the pain for a very short period of time (generally a max of ten to fifteen minutes). I don't really count that as being an effective product, especially when feeling frustrated from tooth pain.

So all in all, I wouldn't recommend Orajel to anyone for a toothache. If you're looking for a miracle product to stop your toothache long enough for you to focus on something else for a few minutes, you should probably save your money and keep looking. Maybe try some home remedies instead. I've found some of those to be just as or even more effective than Orajel.