3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

Totally worth it!

I bought a Onetouch Automatic can opener a few years ago and it was totally worth it. At the time, I was in charge of putting on dinners at our church. It was so handy to take the automatic opener with me to church because it's compact. It's not heavy like an electric can opener and there's little effort to use it, so my hand didn't get sore like with a manual can opener. With it being hands free, I would let it open the cans while I continued to cook, chop, and stir the dinner. During this time, I also used the Onetouch at home nearly every day.

When I first got this can opener, I wasn't sure exactly how or where to put it on top of the can. It took a few attempts, as I kept trying to line it up a certain way, but then I realized it doesn't have to be so precise. It really was simple to use: just place it on top of the can and push the button. It does operate on the slower side, compared to electric or some manual openers, but it is so convenient that I don't mind.

For me, the batteries seemed to last a long time. I think I only replaced them a couple times. The automatic can opener eventually quit working after a couple years, but it got a lot of use!

The battery compartment is a little difficult to access, as it has a really small part holding the cover on.

Not powerful enough to do what it is supposed to do.

Purchased this portable hand held opener as seen on TV.  It is supposed to sit on the top of the can and rotate around the can to open the product below the sharp edge (it folds the edge of the can under as it cuts).  I had a very hard time attaching it to the can, but was determined to use it.  Put in brand new batteries, got it attached with help from my husband, but the unit creeped along and stopped until I pushed it a bit, then creeped along and stopped. I could not get the opener to let go of the lid. My husband tried to remove it and succeeded after bending and pulling on it. I put in new batteries again, but have found that the opener does not have enough power to actually do a full lid.  The reset button is located under the front cutting edge where the opener attaches to the can, so it cannot be reached once the opener is on a can. Gave it one more chance last week trying to open a can of baked beans, and it opened about 1/2 inch of the lid and stopped.  I pushed it and it went another 1/2 inch.  Then I yanked on it; turned it straight up, but it still held onto the can. Since the opener had pierced the can, when I turned the can on its side, the juice trickled out all over the counter and down my arm.  Yanking with all my might, the opener would not let loose of the can.  Stood and pushed it and pushed it inch by inch to finally get it to the last part of lid, and it finally let go of the lid.  Looked to see if there is a way to plug it in to give it more power, but no.  Threw it in the drawer and will move it to the trash soon. Don't buy this.

Totally worth it!

One Touch Automatic Can Opener. Save your money

from Columbiaville, MI

Comments about Onetouch Automatic Can Opener White 29101:

Having seen this advertised many times on TV, I was pleased to find it in a local store at a much lower price. Bonus of no shipping/handling charges or waiting for it to arrive at my doorstop. The design is very slick, and easy on the hand. For a person with arthritis, this would be much easier to operate than one of the old crank style openers. I placed the batteries as directed (very simple process, with the battery compartment easily accessible) and then gave it a whirl. While it did what it was supposed to do, I found it super slow and rather noisy. The first can I opened was an average size vegetable can. I then tried it on a larger can (juice size) and found that it left several areas of the "seam" uncut. With that can, too, it was equally as loud and slow. For me, my good old trusty hand cranking opener will remain in my kitchen drawer and this will go by the wayside as many new gadgets do. Save your money.

love it love it love it

from Westbrook, MN

Comments about Onetouch Automatic Can Opener White 29101:

this is the best can opener I have ever had. I bought one, bought each of my daughters one, and just bought one for my son...its so convenient and opens anything, nice and neatly

just rinse off, not lots of parts to clean

I have gotten it stuck a couple times and have gotten it undone and it continues to work well everytime...user error when it doesn't..

handy size and great for storage, just stick in drawer to keep it handy for everyday use..its my favorite kitchen gadget

not the best but better than manual

from Dover, DE

Comments about Onetouch Automatic Can Opener White 29101:

This is a great idea, and I like that the can is not sharp, but it has a problem opening some cans. It does good with a standard sized can, but the cans with rounded tops do not work. Also, sometimes the cans are so filled with liquid that this opener makes it drip since it cuts it lower. Also, I cannot always get it to catch on the cans correctly. The hype was not lived up to with this product.

Handy space saving can opener.

from Ontario, CA

Comments about Onetouch Automatic Can Opener White 29101:

Having little counter space in my kitchen, I found the one touch can opener to be ideal.  It is not much larger than a manual can opener, yet so much easier on your hands.  If you usually use an electric can opener, the advantage of the one touch is you don't have to worry if there is a power outage.  Also the One Touch leaves no sharp edges.  I fully recommend it.

Good for people who have trouble with their hands.

from Palm Springs, CA

Comments about Onetouch Automatic Can Opener White 29101:

Works really well on regular size cans.  The smaller the can the harder to open.  Small cans like tomato paste is impossible to open.  The reverse works well if it gets stuck.  Make sure you have fresh batteries in gadget because it's a bear to get it open without spilling the insides of the can if you run out of juice.  Is still pretty good for people with arthritis.

It really works!!

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Onetouch Automatic Can Opener White 29101:

I love a product that actually works.  This can opener works.  It is easy enough for my 6 year old to use.  It does not leave sharp edges which is a huge plus.  I love that I gave this to a family member with limited use of her hands and she can now open all her cans with no pain.

Not worth it -- doesn't work so well.

from Washington, DC

Comments about Onetouch Automatic Can Opener White 29101:

My mom loves it. She has some arthritis and it's hard for her to open cans.That being said, it doesn't work all that well and is definately not worth the price.Sometimes the cans don't totally open and it's much faster to just use a conventional can opener.

Best item ever used,if handicaped one hand is all needed.

from High Point, NC

Comments about Onetouch Automatic Can Opener White 29101:

I am a one touch can opener user,i bought  mine at cvs drugstore last year, I  paid 9.99 for it.It is the best item i have bought  in a long time.I can use it with one  hand .If you have a colander it is easy to strain what  you open. The can opener uses two aa bateries, that last a long while.

it really works well !

from Davenport, IA

Comments about Onetouch Automatic Can Opener White 29101:

I am the mother of a family of six, so as you can imagine I cook a lot and open a lot of cans in the process. I also have carpal tunel in both hands, so I hate doing it with an old fashioned can opener. This one touch opener is great! it is pretty fast- about the same time as a hand opener. It is clean and compact and so far after almost two months of almost daily use, I am still on the same set of batteries. The only down fall that Ican see is that I used to use the lid to drain vegitables from the can but it is difficult with this product.