Other Diabetes Cares:
Glucose Monitor
One Touch
One Touch Ultra Mini Blood Glucose Monitor

One Touch Ultra Mini Blood Glucose Monitor

Ultra Mini Glucose Monitor is great for travel!

After using the Ultra 2 Glucose Monitor I was offered the Ultra Mini Glucose Monitor for free so I decided I would try it. It is smaller in size but is great for traveling as it does not take up much space. It is small and fast and veryeasy to use. The monitor only measures about 4 1/2 inches long by 1 1/4 inches wide. It will fit discretely into your pocket or purse and just a small speck of blood your results are calculated in just 5 seconds. This is definitely the Glucose Meter for any diabetic on tghe go. It comes with a carrying case and batteries are included.

Again I say do not pay for one because there are companies out there wanting you to try it. The money is in the test strips. I always use this meter when I go for a weekend trip as it is small. It does not do everything the Ultra 2 does but it is a good meter for traveling because of its size. I have had no trouble with this meter and do recommend it.

The one touch glucose tester is barbaric.

After using this one touch meter I truly thought I was going to need a blood transfusion. It required so much blood. The finger prick is like using a dull nail to get blood. Note I don't take a blood thinnner so if you do take a blood thiner you may have a problem with this product.

Great product

Comments about One Touch Ultra Mini Blood Glucose Monitor:

A great glucose meter. It comes in many colors and is very accurate. I have many of these individual meters around the house in different colors. It is very small and compact and can fit easily into a purse or pouch. It is also very discreet so you will not attract a lot of attention while testing.

Hard to manage

Comments about One Touch Ultra Mini Blood Glucose Monitor:

I'm surprised at the very positive results this product is getting. My prior monitoring system was stayfree. One touch blood samples require in my opinion a blood drop the size of a balloon which tends to smear and thus become useless, forcing another prick.

I continually, waste (expensive) strips. Mostly trying to handle this device in getting it to the blood drop. With the stayfree either side of the strip and requiring only a small sample I virtually never wasted a strip.

On the positive side. The support system is great and responsive. They replaced my original lacing device and lancets to allow me bigger drops and supplied me some replacement strips. Tried to get me figure ways to get better samples.
But still I waste a strip or two a week. And I only take one sample a day.

I was forced to change devices by my health insurance or I would go back. Am looking into relion just for their lower strip prices and smaller sample sizes.

Lite weight and very easy to use.

from Mountain Grove, MO

Comments about One Touch Ultra Mini Blood Glucose Monitor:

This moniter is very easy to set-up and use. It seems to be very accurate. It is conveinant to take with you. The test strips are a little expensive to buy but all in all it is a good product. The mete it self isn't expensive. I like my meter very much.

Easily measures blood glucose, but cannot tranfser data.

from Antioch, CA

Comments about One Touch Ultra Mini Blood Glucose Monitor:

This is a good addition to the One Touch family of meters.  This meter uses the standard test strips, it is easy to test, requires very little blood for the sample, and it is compact and fits everywhere.  This meter is available in 4 colors.  The only drawback is that there is no port to connect the cable to the meter for loading information into a computer.

Easy to use and small enough to carry in purse

from Petersburg, VA

Comments about One Touch Ultra Mini Blood Glucose Monitor:

I have used various types of glucometers and this one has been the greatest one yet.  It is easy enough to use and small enough to carry in your pocket or purse.  I would recommend this to anybody.  It come with its own case with room to carry strips and lancets.

Easy, and less-painful

from Waco, TX

Comments about One Touch Ultra Mini Blood Glucose Monitor:

I got this for my mother- and I must say, i've never seen her happier to use a prouct such as this! It's easy to use, and it doesn't involve too much pain. The greatest thing is- you don't always have to use the tips of your fingers. You can use your forearm or around the finger. With only a little blood needed, you can see your results in no time!

GREAT PRODUCT

from Long Beach, CA

Comments about One Touch Ultra Mini Blood Glucose Monitor:

THIS IS SUCH A GREAT PRODUCT FOR ANYONE WHO HAS TO CHECK THERE BLOOD SUGAR. IT IS A SMALL VERSION OF THE BIGGER ONE BUT WORKS JUST THE SAME AND COMES IN 4 DIFFERENT COLORS SILVER, PINK, BLACK, AND GREEN. VERY EASY TO USE. COMES WITH A CARRYING BAG AND A BOOK TO RECORD YOUR RESULTS, EVEN HOLD YOU RESULTS IN THE METER. I RECOMMEND FOR ANYONE THAT DOES NOT LIKE CARRYING AROUND A BIG BULKY METER TRY THIS ONE IT TAKES UP LESS ROOM.

Ultra Mini Glucose Monitor is great for travel!

from Bentonville, AR

Mini Monitor is Easy to Take Along

from Lenexa, KS

Comments about One Touch Ultra Mini Blood Glucose Monitor:

Some blood glucose monitors are bulky and the packs take up a lot of room in your purse. That is not the case with One Touch Ultra Mini Blood Glucose Monitor. The nylon zipper pack holds the monitor, a canister of test strips and poker to access a small amount of blood. The pack takes up less room in my purse than my wallet. I have never had a problem with pricking my fingertips and this monitor uses a small amount of blood. It is a quick and simple process to get a current reading. Simplicity is especially good when feeling light headed or nauseated and need to know if your sugar is high/low or normal. The monitor comes in a variety of colors. My first one was free. My insurance pays a larger portion of the test strip cost if I use this monitor. Worth it to me!

One Touch Ultra Mini is just what I need

from West Lafayette, IN

Comments about One Touch Ultra Mini Blood Glucose Monitor:

I have been diabetic for about 15 years, and have had many different meters. None has been as easy to use as the One Touch Ultra Mini. I like that it is small and only gives me the number I need without having a lot of bells and whistles I don't use and understand. It also takes a smaller sample to test so no more pumping the finger and waiting for a hanging drop. The test strips rarely give me error codes, so I feel as if there is less waste than with other meters. I also like that I can choose my favorite color. I wish there were an application to download the data to my computer via a USB connection so I could do that and print out the results rather than keeping a manual log. I also wish the strips were cheaper.