Other E-commerce Websites:
Grocery Websites
Omaha Steaks
OmahaSteaks.com

Summary

OmahaSteaks.com

Omaha SteaksOmahaSteaks.com

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

Omaha Steaks - They Do Me Right - Meat and Sides.

I was not so sure about buying meat online, but several years back I got a great coupon deal from Omaha Steaks. They would send the meat plus a cutting board, steak knives and a cookbook. With all that, I thought I'd give it a try.

I ordered in the summer, so I was worried about that. I could imagine a mess on my porch (spoiled meat) and the dogs tearing at the box. That was not a problem. Omaha Steaks sends the stuff in a cooler. I suppose it could get damaged, but it would sure take some work. I still use the coolers they have sent over the years, and they hold up.

The meat is very good. I can get comparable here in town and avoid shipping costs. On the other hand, this is really convenient and also can be sent to friends and relatives. I sure wouldn't want to try to pack up meat and send it myself.

The main reason, I confess, that I continue to watch for sales from Omaha Steaks and buy is that they have [au gratin potatoes][1] . I wouldn't really call them that. I would call them potato pancake balls. That's what they remind me of. And, I can't manage to duplicate them even though I've tried. The inside is soft like mashed potatoes, and the outside is slightly crispy but not really hard.

My youngest son adores the potato pancake balls from Omaha Steaks, and they often have them on sale with purchases. He is thrilled when we have some of these.

It is kind of expensive to order meat online, but they do have to pack and with dry ice. I'm surprised that they can keep the costs as low as they do. Although I do bargain shop and watch prices, I do shop at Omaha Steaks. They are always on target with the food and get it out fast and packed well. Since I can't get those potato balls anywhere else, that's what keeps me in the loop. The meat is good too, but I watch for the specials on the potatoes and then order.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Omaha-Steak-Online-Potatoes-au-Gratin-review-70e4

Omaha Steaks Online: Good Food, but Could Cause Budget Shock

I make many online purchases each month, but one type of merchandise I rarely purchase through the internet is food. The prices on food items purchased via the world wide web are usually higher than those charged by local stores and the added shipping charges often pull the price up to a level that is unacceptable. Of course, there will always be exceptions to my no-food-shopping-on-the-internet rule, and one of them is **Omahasteaks.com**.   ** ****Online Store Commentary:**** ** Omaha Steaks Online is one of a handful of online merchants of which most everyone is aware. It would be difficult to avoid the onslaught of e-mail from Omahasteaks.com. I cannot count the hundreds of times I have seen offers from Omaha Steaks Online in my e-mail inbox. I always deleted the offers, because the prices were too high. But the constant nagging kept Omahasteaks.com in the back of my mind nonetheless.    It took the receipt of a gift card for Omahasteaks.com to convince me to give in and make a purchase. It had been a while since I had logged into this store, so I had to refresh myself with its offerings. Everyone knows that Omaha Steaks Online sells steaks and I knew it also offered other meat items as well, but what I didn't realize was how large the variety of other options was at Omaha Steaks Online. In the beef category alone, there are sub- categories such as filet mignon, strip steak, top sirloin, burgers, etc. Each of these sub- categories expands to reveal another level of options within each. The same is true in the Poultry, Veal/Pork/Lamb, and other sections.

Omaha Steaks Online is all about buying meat items in bulk, but one thing that bothers me a little bit is that the per- unit cost doesn't change much when you purchase a larger quantity. As most every shopper already knows, it is common for retailers to drop the per unit cost when you buy in bulk, but Omaha Steaks Online doesn't always offer discounts when you purchase more and this certainly takes away some of the incentive to buy a larger quantity. This isn't always the case at Omaha Steaks Online, and there are some exceptions. However, others do not and this inconsistency in pricing discounts is something the site needs to improve.  Speaking of prices, Omaha Steaks Online certainly isn't cheap. The cost of the food is greater than what you would pay at your local grocer. Even though the food does taste good, I don't know if the taste justifies the high cost. Omaha Steaks Online usually offers something free with each order and the most common free offer is for either 6 or 4, four oz. burgers. This can help take some of the sting out of the higher prices, but the overall cost is still going to be quite a bit more than you are used to paying at the grocery store. Not only that, but the shipping charges are quite high. Yes, the items do arrive in a reusable styrofoam container and the meat is kept chilled all the way to your door. But the added shipping can easily make the cost of doing business with Omaha Steaks Online uneconomical.   Omaha Steaks Online does offer an overstock section with some reduced priced items and the site also offers complete meal deals that include the meat and side dishes. These special offers and meal deals are the way to go when you shop at Omaha Steaks Online because they help to make the total cost a little more economical. I like to compare it to dining out as opposed to shopping for the same items in the grocery store. True, the food has to be cooked, but a complete meal makes it seem more comparable to a restaurant carryout plan and this makes the price not seem so bad.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Omaha Steaks Online is a costly place to shop for food. It is best to avoid the more expensive shipping options because the base shipping is already very costly and it should arrive very quickly regardless. The quality of the food is very good, but with a total cost that greatly exceeds the cost at a local grocery store, Omaha Steaks Online may not fit into every family's budget.

BUYER BEWARE

from DRACUT MA

Comments about Omaha Steaks OmahaSteaks.com:

PRICES ARE RIP OFF GO ON LINE CHECK SAME PRODUCTS CHEAPER ON LINE. I GOT CALL FROM ORDER TAKER PROMOTION WAS MORE MONEY THEN ADVERTIZED ON LINE TRIED USEING 20 DOLLAR GIFT DID NOT ACKNOWLEDGE GIFT POOR ORDER DEPT NO SATISFACTION TREAT CUSTOMER BAD LOST MY ACCOUNT NEVER AGAIN

Pass on the ribs

from Lancaster PA

Comments about Omaha Steaks OmahaSteaks.com:

The pork rib family dinner was received as a gift. The ribs were slightly tough and had a strong vinegar odor and taste. The potato au gratin balls were basically mashed potatoes with no cheese flavor.

Just ok

from Albuq NM

Comments about Omaha Steaks OmahaSteaks.com:

I am very disappointed with the size of the ordered meats. When I boiled the chicken breast it wasn't enough for one person. The burgers had no taste at all . . .

Very Disapointed

from Rogers City, Michigan

Comments about Omaha Steaks OmahaSteaks.com:

Product was nothing like what was expected... No taste, Very small, Over priced, Disappointed with the Salesmen and what he promised.. Overall i do not recommend Omaha Steaks.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Will Never Order Again

from San Francisco CA

Comments about Omaha Steaks OmahaSteaks.com:

Still waiting for my order to arrive. It is now 5 days late. At their prices this is not acceptable. I will definitely NEVER order again.

I will never buy from Omaha Steaks again

from Illinois

Comments about Omaha Steaks OmahaSteaks.com:

Package arrived 4 days late.

I LOVE THIS STORE..It is expensive but it is a good product

from Winston Salem, NC

Comments about Omaha Steaks OmahaSteaks.com:

This is a #1 store, and it keeps its promise that the food is #1. I is expensive, and I can only get the sales. But, I trust this store with my money, and that they will give me excellent product, and that is what we need from all businesses.

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE

from Ann Arbor, MI

Comments about Omaha Steaks OmahaSteaks.com:

Filet mignons were small, streaked with fat and connective tissue. I threw them in the garbage. Called the company and was told they would send replacements. Same fat and connective tissue. I threw them away. Emailed them twice for a refund, never got a reply. I called today and was told 2 email replies were sent (I never received them), and that since they shipped replacements, they were not going to refund my money. What a rip off!

The stuffed sole was strong and fishy, and into the garbage they went. Also the chocolate cake was so sweet it was inedible. Into the garbage again. At least when I wrote to them, they did refund these two items.

I ate the "fried cod" last night, and it again was poor quality, but at least it didn't stink like the sole did. It was more breading than fish, and it was soft and lifeless instead of crisp as they advertise.

All in all, I would say this company is sending very poor quality "food", most of which is winding up in my local landfill. I wouldn't feed this junk to a dog. I like dogs.

Delicious Products

from Saint Anne, IL

Comments about Omaha Steaks OmahaSteaks.com:

A great site that specializes in gourmet food products. Steaks, chicken, hamburger, chops, seafood, side dishes, desserts and so much more. Everything I have purchased from Omaha Steaks has been of excellent quality. Delicious, tasty and easy to prepare.

Easy to browse the site. Divided into categories so you can find exactly what you're looking for. The way they showcase their food products is appealing to the senses. All their products look scrumptious.

Product Selection
Omaha Steaks offers a little something for everyone's taste palette. They have great specials and packages that include complete meals. Great for gift giving.

Product Pricing
Omaha Steaks has great prices on their package deals. They run specials all the time so you can stretch your dollar a bit further.

Customer Service
I mainly order online but have contacted a customer service rep in the past. The lady I spoke with was pleasant and quite helpful. She made several product recommendations and even added a bonus product just for calling.

Shipping and Returns
All food products are shipped in a Styrofoam cooler with a dry ice pack. My orders have always been delivered on time and never any issues.

• Shipping and Returns:

Omaha Steaks for the meat lover on your gift list!!

from Eustis, FL

Comments about Omaha Steaks OmahaSteaks.com:

I love Omaha Steaks. I needed a Fathers Day/ Birthday combination gift for my Father -in-law, and had received a gift of Omaha Steaks before. I was impressed with the presentation and assortment and was hoping to provide the same experience for him. I purchased a large assortment pack, including steaks, burgers, hot dogs, even including their famous potatoes. It was very easy to order, and the only problem was there was so much to choose from it took a long time to make up my mind! Never a bad thing. The presentation is awesome, your meat is vacuum sealed in a reusable cooler filled with dry ice, delivered to your door. Each product is individually wrapped, ready to thaw, cook (or reheat) and serve. There are precise cooking instructions, and recipes included. As is in most mail order food, unfortunately the quality and cost are drawbacks. You can certainly find better quality meat at your local meat market, at a much cheaper cost. But, for a gift that will be a hit, I highly recommend Omaha Steaks.

This is a great website, very easy to navigate and order from.

Product Selection
I love the variety.

Product Pricing
You can find food cheaper at your local market, but if you need a gift delivered and price isn't too important, you wont be disappointed.

Customer Service
Their customer service is top notch, any problem is addressed immediately and taken care of.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping isn't cheap, due to the nature of the product, but I have never had a problem.