Other Digital Cameras:
Olympus - Tough FE 3000 Digital Camera

Olympus - Tough FE 3000 Digital Camera

Great camera!

Comments about Olympus - Tough FE 3000 Digital Camera:

The Olympus Tough FE 3000 digital camera is my favorite camera I’ve ever owned! I wanted a waterproof camera so I could take pictures in the ocean when on vacation. I will say it is hard to capture good pictures underwater and I recommend using the video feature underwater and then making still pictures from video using a program on the computer with that capability. When I’ve done that the end result are clear pictures of vibrant color, truly capturing what I see through my goggles underwater! It’s truly amazing. Unfortunately I think due to being underwater so many times when I take pictures sometimes there will be floating circles in the image. It is strange though because it doesn’t happen all of the time, and when it does happen it’s typically when I’m taking pictures inside. It never really happens with pictures I take outside. One negative about the camera is that it doesn’t have a viewfinder, and you can only look at the screen image of whatever you’re trying to take a picture of or video. This makes it tricky for some people you ask to take a picture of you because they aren’t used to a camera like that.

• Image Quality:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

Durable and good quality.

from Elizabethtown, KY

Comments about Olympus - Tough FE 3000 Digital Camera:

This little camera takes an excellent picture. I keep it in my car at all times. It it compact, yet it has stability in the weight of the camera. I allow my nine year old grandson to use it when he is here. It has been dropped several times and also dropped in puddles and still works wonderfully.

Image Quality
It has 14 megapixals which give the picture a good quality.

Excellent performance and good battery life.

It is easy to use the different features. The menu systems is easy to understand.

It has been dropped several times, even in puddles and not had any problems

Battery Life
Battery life is good and charges fast.

Portability
Nice and slim, easily fits into purse or pocket.

• Image Quality:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

Poor Battery Life

from Colonial Heights, VA

Comments about Olympus - Tough FE 3000 Digital Camera:

I purchased an Olympus Stylus Tough 3000 Digital Camera this week.  My main reason for purchasing this camera was for the waterproof feature.  I do not necessarily take a lot of “under water” photos but I was looking for something that would be safe to keep with me in the pool or at water parks.I like the look of the Olympus Stylus Tough 3000 digital camera & like that it comes in multiple colors. Past that, there was not a lot I  liked. The first thing I did was charge the Li-on Rechargeable battery. I did not like the fact the battery had to charge in the camera. Once the battery was fully charged I started exploring the features and such of the camera.The menu  was a bit confusing, but was able to go through and see what options were available. I was taking pictures in different settings and before I could even take 40 pictures the battery indicator was flashing. I had taken 48 pictures when the battery died completely.Because of the poor battery life I did not keep this camera.

This compact, mini, digital camera has big camera features.

from Farmington, MN

Comments about Olympus - Tough FE 3000 Digital Camera:

This smaller, handy camera has features that our other camera has and this one has a rechargeable battery instead of disposable batteries. The camera included the charger when purchased and the battery has a good life between needing charges.

The features the camera has, includes some that our other, 'bulkier' in comparison size, camera doesn't and all the features it offered. The function buttons are easy to operate and allow all the functions the bigger camera does. The memory card swaps between the two and with the bigger memory card the camera also offers being able to capture short video 'takes'. It's compact size allows you to take it along anywhere with ease and it's close to 'credit card size' lets you fit it into almost any pocket so you can capture fun, spur of the moment memories.

Great picture and durrable

from Vernon Hills, IL

Comments about Olympus - Tough FE 3000 Digital Camera:

The  camera is insanely durable.  I dropped if off out of a second story window, (while leaning out to take a photo and it bounced off a roof then onto a sidewalk.)  So don't worry if you are a butterfingers .  Drop it, and it keeps working.  The camera picutures are so high res that I can crop the photos into new, completely different looking photos.  I didn't use the other software the camera came with but it works fine without it, (just using Microsoft Windows XP, USB 2.0 and the build in downloading software).

My only complaint is that it menus are setttings very confusing. When setting to fast action, night or portrait, it gets confusing don't even try to figure out the focal settings for up close/blurred background.  (I still haven't figured it out).  Also the flash does take a while to recharge, with really makes fast action difficult.  Unless you are outside, but if you are trying to get fast wedding action inside, make sure you are on a fresh recharge