Other Digital Cameras:

Olympus - Stylus 740 Digital Camera

Olympus Stylus 740 is Tough stylish and functional

from El Segundo, CA

Comments about Olympus - Stylus 740 Digital Camera:

I bought this camera as i was going on an outdoor college project trip and needed a tough digital camera to document some of the work we were doing. while searching for outdoor digital camera's i came across this beauty, and i mean that literally as it is very aesthetically stylish. It has all the functions that Digital cameras have. It has a 7 megapixel resolution, which was more than enough for my purpose, got a 5X zoom that was very useful, and a whole bunch of  preset exposure controls, that really help if one looks into them and uses them, you'll be surprised on the improvement of quality if you just take time and look at the wonderful preset exposure types. It has a strong inbuilt Flash, though i am not a big fan of flash, and prefer to control the light myself, but a strong function for the uninitiated. Another great function this camera has is image stabilization, that basically takes away the "shake" scruffiness that comes in at times. Though the image does have some amount of deterioration when you use that function, but it still comes out with a nice strong image. The video function is awesome, to take small videos. A great functional and tough camera.

Easy to use, good camera

from Valley Center, KS

Comments about Olympus - Stylus 740 Digital Camera:

We have used our Olympus camera for 6 or 7 years now. I am a point-and-shoot type of person, so I just set it on an automatic function and it takes great pictures. My husband likes to mess with all the aperture settings, so he puts it on a custom function. We've both enjoyed using this camera. It has a 10x optical zoom, so I can get up close and personal with my subject without being too obtrusive. It does have a slower response time compared to some cameras, so that perfect shot can be gone before the camera actually takes the picture. But, it's a digital, so we can take all the shots we need until we get the right one! My son dropped it recently, so the battery door is being held on with a rubber band. We are planning to upgrade to a digital SLR, because I am not willing to give up the quality we were getting with this camera by going with something cheap! It's been a good camera, but it's time for something better.

This is a great camera

from Cranston, RI

Comments about Olympus - Stylus 740 Digital Camera:

I have had the olympus C 740 3.2 megapixel camera for over 5 years.  This camera has a 10 optical  zoom.  It has many different modes.  Some of  the modes are portrait, landscape, sports, nightime.  I also, bought a telephoto lens when attached it makes the camera a 32 optical zoom.  I use the lens when I go to a  sporting event so that way I can  really zoom in  on  what I want to take a picture of.  I feel that olympus is one of the top names for cameras.  This camera uses xd memory cards.  The highest amount of memory card that can be used  in this olympus digital camera is a 512 mb xd memory card.  This camera uses 4 double a batteries.  I use rechargable batteries for this camera.  The night before I use the camera I charge the rechargabale batteries.  When I go on vacation I take the charger with me so that way I can charge the batteries becuase the recahrge batteries only last about 1 day.