3.3

Olympus FE-4020 Digital Camera

3.3

Good Family Digital Camera

Comments about Olympus FE-4020 Digital Camera:

Good family digital camera. Charge lasts for a couple hundred pictures, even when using flash for many of them. Flash and zoom features work well.

Image Quality
Very good quality images. I usually set it on 8 mega pixels, good compromise in size of picture and size of bytes used .

Turns on and focuses very quickly. Takes very sharp, clear pictures at room distances, pretty good when using zoom settings. Have to hold it very steady for extreme zoom..

I have had it about a year. Used it many times on trips and around town. Very durable.

Portability
Fits in pocket.

• Image Quality:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

Good camera...I think...

from Gwynn Oak, MD

Comments about Olympus FE-4020 Digital Camera:

So many of today's gadgets with their many, many functions tend to frustrate me more than help me. This camera is not any different...it just has too many options which makes it difficult for the average person to get the best use out of it.

I am not a professional photographer and I miss the old cameras that you could just point and shoot and not worry about things like batteries running low and whether there is enough memory in your camera???

Even after taking pictures there is a huge learning curve when it comes to getting the pictures out of the camera and printed on something you can hold in your hand. I have used this camera on a few occasions, but I find myself having to return to the manual just to figure out how to use it all over again. The pictures I have taken have come out nicely, but I never look forward to using it because of how involved the whole process is. This is a nice camera, but is definitely for those who are tech savvy and not for those of us who just don't have the patience for this kind of thing anymore.

• Image Quality:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

Olympus FE-4020 Camera has good image quality but poor interface

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Olympus FE-4020 Digital Camera:

This camera is okay. It takes a good picture (as all 14 megapixels will) but it feels a bit too "plastic" for my taste. Ive bought previous cameras that were cheaper and lasted through the abuse that I tend to put them through. As far as functions most compact cameras on the market now a day can do all the basics, but they don't put much thought into hand fitting with some kind of gripe. Many were drop and broke because of that. This is the kind of electronic that you can just tell that one drop and this camera is done for. This is a nice camera for small hands.  Controls are also pretty complicated to figure out on this camera. The one thing that I absoulutely hate about this camera is the delay from the shutter. I have missed many, many moments because of the slow shutter delay. Also because of this, the pictures that have come out are usually blurry at points unless if what you are taking a picture of is perfectly still.