Other Digital Cameras:
Olympus - FE-230 Digital Camera

Olympus - FE-230 Digital Camera

Good small camera.

Comments about Olympus - FE-230 Digital Camera:

Overall, this Olympus camera is a good small digital camera, but not great. I use it for travel and for events when I just want a small, quick camera and don't want to take my more expensive, bigger camera.

Image Quality
The image quality is very good for a small camera like this. It doesn't do well in low light. It's pretty good for action shots, though, as long as the light is bright enough.

The camera works well. The menus and settings are simple and intuitive and easy to use.

This camera is very easy to use. There aren't a lot of settings, so it's hard to mess anything up.

The durability is great. I've never had a problem with the camera, and I've used it while traveling when I wasn't the most careful.

Battery Life
The battery life is really good. I can get a very large amount of pictures and time out of one set of batteries.

Portability
This camera is very portable. I fits into a pocket or a small purse, and it is light and quick to get out and put away.

• Image Quality:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

Fits in your pocket and takes fabulous photos!

from Houston, TX

Comments about Olympus - FE-230 Digital Camera:

The Olympus FE-230 is a fantastic camera at a reasonable price.  I recently took it on a trip to New England and loved how the camera fit easily in my pocket.  I always had it right at hand and with the press of one button, the camera was ready to shoot.The controls are very clear and straightforward and easy to learn.  The big 2.5-inch LCD screen makes it easy to frame a photo, and the 7.1 megapixels means the photo will come out sharp and clear.I also sprang for the Olympus XD picture card so I could store up to 500 pictures at a time.  This also gave me the ability to take panoramic photos!I think one of the coolest things about this camera is that you can easily record video as well as still images, with just the turn of one dial.  Overall, this is a fantastic camera that is easy for an amateur like me to use.  My vacation photos came out wonderfully!

This is the perfect size for portability!

from Bay Saint Louis, MS

Comments about Olympus - FE-230 Digital Camera:

This camera is wonderful! I received it for Mother's Day and have it with me always. It is small enough to carry in a small purse or even a pocket. The battery life is very long and it comes with a rechargeable one so that saves lots of money :) The Olympus software that comes with the camera is just as easy to use and as fun as the camera is. And the LCD screen is 2.5". Very nice to view images on. The videos are very nice,too.I took some wonderful pictures and video at my sister's wedding. I just Love it!!!

Convenient Point and shoot camera,only average quality photos

from Pittsburg, CA

Comments about Olympus - FE-230 Digital Camera:

I've had this camera for a number of years now and I have been pleased with the ease of use and the portability of this small point and shoot. The camera is fairly small and slim so it's easy to put in your pocket, however be warned that the LCD screen is a bit more sensitive compared to other cameras. I had a friend that cracked his LCD screen after two days of owning the camera!. I love menu screen with the ability to select your scene. Photo quality turns out okay but nothing super spectacular. Overall this is a fairly decent point and shoot although it is very outdated now compared with the new generation of point and shoot cameras. They usually have higher megapixal quality and are built better than this model.

It's a decent camera but you could do better

from Boston, MA

Comments about Olympus - FE-230 Digital Camera:

I bought the Olympus FE-230 about 3 years ago, without doing much research on it. I find it to be a good camera for day to day picture taking but it lacks certain key elements which prevent it from excelling in it's field. For taking pictures of landscapes and scenery this camera excels giving you high quality images fit for your wallpaper. However when shooting real live individuals if suffers from some hiccups like not showing you where it's focusing and thus giving you some pictures where the background is perfectly focused but the subject is not. There have been plenty of examples where I had to throw out pictures after uploading them because they were so grainy from lack of focus. Another problem I ran into was shooting near sundown or at night, the pictures would always turn out grainy. On the positive side however it does have several easy to get to shooting modes which work pretty effectively. The battery life seemed good however the battery indicator did not work very well.

The Olympus FE-230 Digital Cam is one of the lightest out there

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Olympus - FE-230 Digital Camera:

The olympus FE-230 Digital cam, has gone everywhere with me. I love how it has all the features that a bigger cam has.  Especially the settings, and underwater features.  It is versitale and light weight.  And can do the same as a quick shot cam.  Love it!!  The price wasn't that bad either. I highly recommend it to any other consumer out there who is looking for a great digital camera, that also charges quickly.  The battery life is amazing too. And it take only 2 hours for a full charge.  That will last more than a few days.  I also like the storing capacity.  The one and only down fall is the memory card.  Some digitil photo ops do not support it.  But there is the USB

Great! I love my Olympus FE 230!

from Albuquerque, NM

Comments about Olympus - FE-230 Digital Camera:

I was thrilled when a friend gave me this Olympus FE 230! It's silver, fits in the palm of  my hand and has great features found on more expensive cameras, like the LCD viewfinder. It's simple to operate, easy to carry in pocket or purse, and comes with good software. The only drawback is sending it out for repairs, which is easy if not cheap.

Great price.. Great Camera!

from Whiting, IN

Comments about Olympus - FE-230 Digital Camera:

The Olymupus FE-230 is a great travel camera because it's compact and very easy to operate. I bring with me everywhere I go. It has a fairly decent zoom, but I would prefer something with better zoom options. Also I noticed the red eye reduction does not always work. For the most part, though, the pictures are clear and crisp. The only time I have noticed blurry pictures is when I have zoomed in too far or the lighting is too dark. It's definitely a better camera for day time events or places with good lighting. The price is very reasonable and I even bought a second one for my son.

Convenient & compact, takes great pics in good lighting

from Westborough, MA

Comments about Olympus - FE-230 Digital Camera:

My Olymupus FE-230 is a great travel camera because it's compact and very easy to operate. I keep it in my purse and bring with me just about everywhere I go. It has a fairly decent zoom, but I would prefer something with better zoom options. Also I noticed the red eye reduction does not always work. For the most part, though, the pictures are clear and crisp. The only time I have noticed blurry pictures is when I have zoomed in too far or the lighting is too dark. It's definitely a better camera for day time events or places with good lighting. I've taken this camera to numerous concerts where it's typically dark all around and bright lights on the stage and the images usually come out pretty blurry. Close up photos come out great, I've taken lots of close up pictures of flowers and other objects. I love the options the Olympus camera offers in terms of different taking photos of different scenery, moving images, close ups, landscapes, etc. The video feature is a nice option as well although it does not always look as crisp as the photos on the play back.