Other Digital Cameras:

Olympus - Camedia E-10 Digital Camera

Olympus E-10 is a great entry level DSLR

from Appleton, WI

Comments about Olympus - Camedia E-10 Digital Camera:

My E-10 is painfully obsolete, but I won't part with it. It still does great things for me, and every feature still works.

I'm not sure how long I've had this camera. Probably since 2003. I bought it new at the time. It was a little obsolete then, so I was able to get it for a good price. Olympus was still selling them at the time. Now they are a good e-auction find.

The camera is 4 megapixels. That's not a lot by today's standards, but the photos are sharp. 8 X 10 prints turn out real nice.

According to the specs, E-10s do not have pixel mapping, but mine does. This is quite useful, as it clears out bad pixels. The E-20 definitely has this feature.

I like the built in zoom range, and can typically get nicely framed photos with what the camera comes with as standard. I also have a couple of zoom add-on lenses, and a fish-eye lens for wider wides. Another nice benefit of obsolete cameras is that these items can be had for very sweet prices on the afore mentioned e-auctions.

The E-10 is best operated using the viewfinder.

Manual focus does not work very well, and certainly not with the viewfinder. Use the LCD screen for that.

This camera does have its limitations. I was made painfully aware of this one day while shooting with a relative who has high end digital equipment. His photos made mine look sick. Of course, he's also a better photographer. But there were things his camera could do that mine definitely could not. Even so, the E-10 outperforms a point and shoot significantly, and I am still very happy.