3.3
Olympic ONE Interior Paint

Olympic ONE Interior Paint

3.3

Pros

Cons

• Uneven coat (4)

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Avid do-it-yourselfer (4)

Great results 1

We have been busy this summer in and outside the house , lots of repairs and painting , we chose Olympic One Interior Paint because we have used it before and always had great results with it . Our home looks great now all the rooms freshly painted and decorated how we like it . We had a party recently and our friends were in awe of the improvements we made , I told them we used Olympic One paints for inside and outside our home and they were so impressed with the color chart I showed them and told them how smooth the paint goes on , many of them told me they will use the Olympic brand paints on their next project.

Not worth the time or money.

I wont lie, when I saw this paint I liked the look of the can and it stood out to me. When I saw the color that I wanted and that it was with this paint I decided that I would buy it and give it a shot, even though I knew I should stick with the tried and true brands that I knew worked well. When I got this home and my walls ready to be painted when I first opened the can the color did not look right, but I decided to start painting anyways. My walls had already had primer on them so I did not think that I would need but maybe two layers of this paint. I was wrong. This paint is gloppy looking, and it does not go on smooth or nicely. I was very disappointed with how bad this paint showed up. The color varied from one area to another and you can tell that it did not mix well or take to the color that I had it mixed to. Even after I applied many coats to the wall (6 to be exact) the color was still off from one area to another and you could still see the primer from underneath. Needless to say I bought the brand that I normally buy and covered it up. I would never buy this paint again and was so upset with the results from it.

semi gloss enamel needed two coats, not one. same color.poor

from cumberland md

About Me Professional

Pros

Cons

• Uneven Coat

• Interior Painting

Comments about Olympic ONE Interior Paint:

would not use again. streaks, needed second coat

Terrible Paint!

from sacramento

Pros

Cons

• Messy
      • Offers Little Protection
      • Uneven Coat
      • Won't stick to wall

Comments about Olympic ONE Interior Paint:

Was painting an old room with old paint, so I cleaned walls, primed with a primer suggested by paint professionals and thought this product would be the best as it also has a primer so there would be double durability...wrong! After several hours of painting and time to dry, I ran my finger nail down an area and the paint flaked off! Also, very thick paint but had to do two coats! Needless to say, very disappointed in this product. Don't use it! When it dries it is very spotty for some reason so you have to go over it again...and it doesn't stick.

Hard to apply but final results good

from San Antonio, TX

About Me Avid Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

• Great color selection
        • Low Odor

Cons

• Messy
        • Thin it bleeds under tape
        • Uneven Coat

Comments about Olympic ONE Interior Paint:

The first coat was horrible! Paint from can was thin and bleed under the edging tape. Failed to cover a very light eggshell previous semi gloss paint. Left streaks and blotches. The second coat fixed almost all of the problems and as I had left the can open it appeared to thicken up as if the excess solvents evaporated. Some areas required a third coat. The final product does look good but it took more work that any other paint I have used. I will not buy this product again!

Olympic one

from Manton California

About Me Avid Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

• Great Color

Cons

• Uneven Coat

Comments about Olympic ONE Interior Paint:

The color is great but I put two coats on and the white wall shows through horribly. I figured it would cover because the walls were white but it didn't. I'm definitely not doing a third coat. I'm going back to buy a different brand. Hopefully I can find the same color in a different brand. Not recommended.

Not One Coat!

Comments about Olympic ONE Interior Paint:

NOT ONE COAT! With the word "ONE" in large letters across the can, and the words " Paint and Primer in One and "Extreme Hiding Power" also listed on the can they trick you into thinking it is one coat. It is NOT! I am painting the entire interior of a 3000 sf house; 5 bedrooms, 3 baths, high ceilings and a stairway. No way I'm doing two coats. Rather pay more and get the job done in half the time. They don't claim it to be one coat, but they trick you into thinking it is. Don't let this marketing ploy fool you!

Not worth the time or money.

from Elko, Nevada

• Ease of Appliation:

One of the best paints I've ever used

Comments about Olympic ONE Interior Paint:

I bought this brand at the recommendation of the paint department associate. It has the primer in it and we had olive green walls to cover. This went over smoothly, evenly, and covered the green in one coat. We could not be happier, one can was enough for the whole 20x20 room. We hired a professional painter to do the painting, and he agreed it was really good.

Quality
            It was by far one of the best paints I have ever purchased. It is paint and primer in one and covers like a dream.

It's been a couple of months since we painted, and the walls still look as good as when they were first painted. We have four young kids, so the walls have had some impact of toys and bodies, but they are looking beautiful

Coverage
            One coat was all it took to cover the olive green walls with a light sand color. Having the primer together with the paint, made it so much easier.

Ease of Appliation
            One coat was all that was needed. It went on smooth and evenly the first time.

• Ease of Appliation:

This requires several coats of paint.

from West Virginia

Comments about Olympic ONE Interior Paint:

I purchased this paint on sale because the cashier insisted it was just as good as Valspar. She said that it had paint and primer built in and that one coat would do the trick.

There were plenty of colors available to choose from and I picked a blue shade called cobalt stone. I bought a little extra so I could paint my spare bedroom and laundry room. I got it home and opened it up. The paint wasn't mixed the best in the world but I think that was more the cashiers fault than the paint. After I stirred it up good, I poured it out into a paint tray. The paint poured easily and didn't have any clumps. The color was smooth also.

I used a brush and a roller to put this on the walls of my spare bedroom. I got a good coat on it with the roller brush and went around corners with detail brush. After I finished the first wall, I noticed there were patches where the paint just didn't saturate fully. I ended up putting a second coat on the wall. I went ahead and finished each wall and applied a second coat as I went along. Once I was finished and pulled all the painters tape down, I let it dry overnight.

The next morning I was upset. I had used two coats of paint and the walls were still opaque in places. I could see pieces of white paint shining through the blue even after I coated it twice. I ended up putting on a third and final coat before I was satisfied. The paint was a good color, it went on smooth, and it looked nice but it definitely didn't just take a single coat. I used more than I would have liked and didn't have any left over to use in my laundry room.

Also, the odor was supposed to be low voc but when I was painting I had to run the ceiling fan and leave the room a couple times because the smell got to me. Overall a good buy but it took a lot more paint.

Quality
            The paint has held up nicely. It's a good color and I like the quality. I was just disappointed to have to use several coatings to get the desired effect.

I've had great luck so far. The paint holds up when I use water and a multi-surface cleaner on it.

Coverage
            I used this paint on paneling. It took two coats and three in some areas to cover everything completely.

Ease of Appliation
            It's easy to apply but it takes a couple coats.

• Ease of Appliation:

This paint has great coverage.

Comments about Olympic ONE Interior Paint:

I would recommend Olympic One Interior Paint to anyone that has a lot of painting. Olympic One Interior Paint is great for rooms that do not require you to cover up dark walls. It does say that this paint has primer in it, which is great, but I would not apply to dark walls without applying a primer before applying the paint. This paint is also great price. It's not cheap and it's not too expensive. Olympic One Interior Paint doesn't have a strong smell to it and is very easy clean up. I would recommend this paint to anyone with kids, as long as you choose a satin or semi-gloss finish because it is very easy to clean after drying on walls. This paint has great coverage, but I do recommend applying two coats. I would choose this paint to paint the entire inside of my house. They also have a wide variety of colors for this paint.

Quality
            You can choose from quart or gallon, depending on your needs. Great price also!

Lasts a long time!

Coverage
            Coverage is great as long as you apply two coats.

Ease of Appliation
            This paint is very easy to apply, just get a paint pan and a paint roller.

Olympic One Interior Paint

Comments about Olympic ONE Interior Paint:

I love this latex enamel paint. I used it on my living room and entry way and the flat sheen is scrubbable and durable due to the harder, stronger enamel finish. It goes on extremely well and after priming it covered all of our walls in one coat. It has a very low odor and so far has held up very well on our walls. I would definitely recommend this to others. Especially for those that may not want to have a high sheen but still want to be able to wipe down the walls without a flat or eggshell sheen just chalking right off. And also being able to hide imperfections like a flat or matte sheen offer is great to take advantage of.

We have two dogs and one child and the paint has held up excellently under both conditions. The walls wipe down well and the color hasn't faded or lost any of its color since we first painted.

Coverage
            With the paint and "primer" in one the thicker formula gives easy covered to your pre-primed surface and offers optimal coverage.