Other E-commerce Websites:

OldTimeCandy.com

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

My husband gave me old candy for Valentine's Day! I loved it.

***Quick View:*** This site brings back lovely memories of yesteryear and has a great variety old-fashioned candy you ate as a kid or in your younger years. For me, their products were wonderful gifts and a reminder of days gone by. Prices are reasonable too!***About OldTimeCandy.com***

This website sells candy from the 50's, 60', 70's, and 80's. Remember those wax bottles with syrup in them? Sugar Babies? Pop Rocks? Pixie Sticks? Boston Baked Beans? Wax Lips? Ahhh...they have so many choices of candies that we ate in past decades, all fresh and all the exact same recipe and packaging as the original.

I am not a chocolate fan and I think flowers are beautiful but such a waste of money. I know I am hard to buy for especially for holidays like Valentine's Day where the gifts should be a little more intimate and special than other holidays. My husband gave me my engagement ring on Valentine's Day many years ago but since, hadn't really been able to come up with anything that was super special. I love anything he gives me, of course, but I think last year he really wanted to give me something special because I had been suffering from illness after illness and was just plain down.

Somehow, he found **Old Time Candy's online store **and hit pay dirt. He knew I always loved the offbeat candy from my childhood and teens. I often complained that my favorites were all gone replaced by junky stuff I didn't like. At **Old Time Candy**, all of the candy that I ate as a kid, teen, and young adult was for sale. Ohh, the variety! They have literally hundreds of kinds of candy from days gone by. Their extensive list of candy and gum will baffle you and bring back memories.

When Valentine's Day came around, my husband presented me with a big box. When I opened it, I took a journey back to when we were first dating and I was running into gas stations to buy Sugar Daddies, Wax Lips, and Boston Baked Beans. The assortment was huge! There were 60 pieces altogether and, along with the candy, was a "Remember When" book from 1983, the year we were married. The site sells a full selection of Remember When books and the memories are loads of fun to read through.

This may not have been the most romantic gift in the world but, to me, it was just what I needed. It lifted my spirits and showed me that my husband of 20 plus years really did know me well still. The candy he chose was spot on and the book from the year we were married made me tear up. Those were the days, my friend!

This site sells candy boxes for birthdays, Christmas, Thank You, Get Well, Valentine's Day, New Baby, and any time as well as bags of candy and much more. Make sure to pick up a Remember When book to go with your remember when candy! It's so much fun sitting there blowing "smoke" through a bumble gum cigarette and recalling the past.

***Site Specifics***

There is no sales tax on orders.They ship only in the US.All candy is freshly made from over 40 manufacturers.They sell sugar free and kosher candies. Returns are accepted (see the site for info).Shipping is a flat $7.95 and free over $200.00.

***My Viewpoint***

I love this site and have since ordered a gift for a friend. He has been raving about it for weeks. We're busy in this day and age and we forget about the good times we had. This site's candy can bring back memories of younger, perhaps happier and less stressful days. The site is also excellent with customer service and has a large variety to choose from. Looking for a Valentine's Day or birthday gift for that hard to buy for someone? Check out **Old Time Candy**! I know it was the perfect gift for me last Valentine's Day and my husband was "sweet" as "sugar" to brighten my day. ***5 stars!***

*www.oldtimecandy.com*

Too costly

OldTimeCandy.com is really interesting for the candy lover. They have a some what large selection to choose from. They have a whole bunch of sub categories as well that simplifies the process of locating what you are looking for. The site itself looks some what retro. Placing an order on the site is pretty much as straight forward as it gets. Their shipping process is pretty quick but, it mainly depends on what you order more than anything else. Even with all of that going for them, I still don't believe they are the leader in this business. Their prices are quite simply not low enough to remain a loyal customer. As a matter of fact I would go as far as to say that with the shipping prices added on, you'd come out much better buying bulk candy from your local grocer rather than shopping for it at this site. This site is mainly good for buying difficult to find retro candy.

BEWARE!!!!

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about OldTimeCandy.com:

BEWARE: I placed an order for candy sticks as wedding favors for my guests for my July wedding. When they arrived, my fiance and I began looking through the boxes and they ALL arrived broken. We ordered over 200. FOUR boxes. We were told no refund. I understand you not being able to ensure they don't arrive in tact, but when FOUR boxes come all broken and the box doesn't even say "fragile". That's a problem. Especially when your customer should come first. I am so upset. I've worked in retail for six and a half years and this is unacceptable. We spent good money on the products. I will never shop here again. I will leave reviews on every outlet I can so this doesn't happen to some other bride. So that another bride will know that this company will do absolutely nothing to help you out. This is poor business.

Candy from the Last Century

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about OldTimeCandy.com:

I found this website several months ago when I was looking for a gift for my mother. Since then I have ordered from this site about three times. It has a large variety of candy, there isn't anything they don't have on OldTimeCandy.com. It's the perfect place to buy great gifts and gifts for each holiday or special occasion.

The site is very easy to navigate and products are broken up into a variety of categories to choose from. You can buy products by the decade, flavor, type, occasion, gift boxes, bulk and more.

Product Selection
They have a large variety of products from different decades. They even sell real candy cigarettes! Of course, not everyone would want to buy those, but if you're looking candy cigarettes this site has them from the 1930s and 1940s. My favorite product from this site is their candy marshmallow ice-cream cones, and this is the only place I can find it.

Product Pricing
Their pricing is a little expensive. However, I don't mind paying the high price because the quality is high and they sell so many items that are hard to find anywhere else.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping is modestly priced and always arrives well packaged they always get my items out to me pretty quick.

• Shipping and Returns:

Great unqiue overpriced product, but worth it.

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about OldTimeCandy.com:

I'm so glad I found this website as it's great for unique gifts and fun stocking stuffers. I do think their pricing is a bit much when it comes to how much I want to spend on candy, but you're shopping for something that is hard to find at most stores, so it's very convenient to have it all located on one website.

Website is very easy to navigate around. I really appreciate how the categories are set up, with that you can search through the decade, flavors, types of candy, and ocassion.

Product Selection
They have so much candy it's a bit overwhelming. Luckily, the first time I used it I was looking for something specific, so it didn't take me too long to decide what I wanted. They have a great selection though. When I am on a website that is specific to a certain product, or type of product, I want there to be more then I could imagine and products that I've never heard of. They certainly have that and that makes this website a great find.

Product Pricing
For candy it's pricey. I don't make shopping on this website a regular habit or when I need a sugar fix. But if you buy in bulk, you'll get better deals.

Customer Service
I had no problems with their customer service.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping was fast and easy. I didn't need to use returns.

Too Good To Be True!

from MI

Comments about OldTimeCandy.com:

Oh my gosh!! This website is honestly like a gold-mine to any certified candy lover. My husband and I are honestly candy junkies, and there is pretty much not a candy we won't eat. I recently came across this website while googling for a certain candy I used to love in the 80s - anyone remember Punky's? Well, I stumbled upon OldTimeCandy.com and literally was mesmerized for nearly an hour looking at all of this retro candy.

OldTimeCandy.com is a really fun website that carries all of the popular candy brands that we all knew and loved growing up. You can search by "type" of candy - chocolate, chewy, caramel, by "decade" 90s, 80s, 70s, etc. and you can even search by "occasion" - Christmas, birthday, stocking, etc.

OldTimeCandy.com is just a really fun, nostalgic website and it has really unique items that might be hard to find elsewhere. I find the pricing to be pretty good. I don't think it's overly high compared to other shops that sell "old fashioned candy" - because this type of candy is a little higher than today's candy anyway.
Overall, it's very well organized and the website is extremely neat and easy to follow. The selection is great and it's just a really fun place to shop around on!

• Shipping and Returns:

Great gifts for the classic candy lover

Comments about OldTimeCandy.com:

I first purchased candy on this site for my father as a father's day gift. He always used to tell me about his trips down to the store when he got extra money and the candy he bought. To see his eyes light up when he opened the box is one of the best memories I have. He's still living and it's become a tradition to purchase him the candy every year. I now also purchase candy for friends and for myself from this site.

The order transaction was smooth, the candy in the order itself was fresh. The shipping was amazing. We ordered chocolate and they shipped it quick and with cold packs the first time and a different type of box.

All transactions on the website went smoothly. Site is extremely easy to navigate and the search box is one of the best I've seen in any website. Website security is very good. I felt secure when I purchased on the site.

Product Selection
Has candy that stores no longer carry. The selection is amazing going all the way back to the pre 1920's and up to the 1990's. There were so many childhood candies I saw on here that brought back lovely memories.

Product Pricing
The prices are a bit steep with some candies, but considering how rare some of the candy is, it's both reasonable and worth it.

Customer Service
Had no problems but ordering was easy and customer service information is readily available on the website.

Shipping and Returns
The shipping was amazing. They use cold packs for their chocolate and melt-able shipping and special boxes at times as well. I do not advise shipping this to a very hot area unless it's express shipping.

Really Brings Back Childhood Memories

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about OldTimeCandy.com:

I love this website. It really brings back memories of when your were a kid and you would go to your local general store and buy candy. One of my favorites was Chuckles and you hardly ever see them anymore but you will on this website. They carry many brands of candy that you just don't see in the stores anymore. The site is so easy to use and informative as well. They have the candy broken down into sections by the decade it was made starting with pre 1920. I did not know that candy corn was made before the 1920's so you learn alot about candy while on the site. You can buy the candy in bulk or pack a bag with individual items. Many of the candies are sold in a case of 24 packs. Shipping is quick and comes in about 3 to 5 days , sometimes sooner depending on your location. I recommend this site to anyone looking for their favorite candy that you just can't find in a store anymore. You should definitely find it here. This website is really fun to use! You will not believe the large selection of candy that they have. Take a look for yourself and treat your self to candy that you have not had in years. You will not be disappointed.

• Shipping and Returns:

All those penny candies are here!

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about OldTimeCandy.com:

When I was growing up and a little kid we had a little corner store and along the front of it there was a huge line of all kinds of candies, these were called penny candies as you could buy one for a penny. This was the best part of going to the local grocery store when I was little, they had so many different types and I could always get a piece because they were only a penny. This website has brought back a lot of my youth and reminded me of the time that I spent picking out a candy. This website offers all of these candies plus so many more that I never even knew existed. They have such a large variety of candy, they have something that is sure to make everyone's mouth water. The pricing on the candy is a lot more than it used to be, but to find candy that you have not seen in years, it is okay with me to pay a little bit extra. Shipping is fast and although it is not free, it is very reasonably priced. It is nice to be able to buy the candy on here by the pound and get as much as you want!

Love their candy!

from Liberty, KY

Comments about OldTimeCandy.com:

I had no problems surfing through their site and placing several orders. The main thing I find disappointing is that a lot of what I really wanted was out of stock. They don't tell you when things will be back in stock--not even if you request they do. It was easy to buy candy by the piece or in bulk. It was easy to find what I was looking for, but that was because I did not mind looking through ALL their categories to find what I was looking for as well as find some things that I didn't know in advance that I wanted.

Very easy to use. Easy to place an order. Easy to pay and submit your information. Just a lot of choices and lots of candy to go through.

Product Selection
Excellent. A lot of old time candy to select from.

Product Pricing
Some of it was well priced, but a lot of the candy I felt was a little over-priced. But it was worth buying since it was what I wanted AND it would have cost even more if I had to buy the candy at another site and pay shipping again!

Customer Service
Order arrived well packed and on time.

Shipping and Returns
Fine, but I didn't have any returns to make.

Too costly

from Syracuse, New York

• Shipping and Returns:

OldTimeCandy.com is AMAZING for fans of vintage candy!!

Comments about OldTimeCandy.com:

Oh, my Lord, I found OldTimeCandy.com during a search to make a special forties candy basket for my grandparents' 50th anniversary because they were kids during World War II and I couldn't BELIEVE the vintage candy selection that site has! Although a lot of what it offers IS available today, you can get a BUNCH of the candies in bulk for prices that are a LOT lower than if you were to shop at a retailer for the same amount. And it's definitely a good resource if you want to narrow down a specific candy to a specific decade because not only is there a TON of things offered for the forties, but also the fifties, the sixties, the seventies, and the eighties, and for a HUGE eighties fan like me you can bet I visited OldTimeCandy.com again to make a basket for myself! Since my first visit to it was a few years ago, I went back to it frequently to make more birthday baskets for my relatives. Both of my parents first, who were seventies kids, and because I've bought from the site more than once I've gotten lots of deals for future purchases that save me a lot for more of what I want!