Other E-commerce Websites:

Old Navy | OldNavy.com

Pros

Cons

Great value for money!

I have been shopping at Old Navy as well as OldNavy.com for a long time now. I love shopping both in store and online and have had wonderful and positive experiences with them. They have a wide selection of almost all categories of apparel, shoes and accessories. I particularly love buying T shirts and active (gym) wear from them. The price is very very reasonable and the quality is pretty good. Shopping online is as easy as shopping in their store. Their website is user friendly and the shopping and checkout process is very simple and easy. I have exchanged a few items (purchased both in store and on line) without any hassles. Their customer service is pretty good and they processed my requests very fast. There is a common sign in for other brands like Gap and Banana Republic. The clothes are true to size and if buying online, there is a greater chance of getting your desired size. Overall, great value for money!

I like Old Navy but I'm not impressed with the web site.

I like Old Navy but the closest one is about 30 miles from my house.  I wanted to buy some comfortable lounge wear for my mom and decided to look on-line at Old Navy.  I found four things that I wanted to get for her and added each to my basket.  I was ready to check out and was told that two of the items were unavailable.  Well, I went ahead and ordered the two things that were available.  I had the clothes sent to her house and then waited and waited and waited.  About five days after I ordered I received an email that said they had shipped and it was about two weeks before my mom actually got her clothes. The clothes are cute, the prices are great but the order processing and shipping took forever!  If I'm going to order for Christmas, I'd better do it now.

Do not use online service

from Arkansas

Comments about Old Navy | OldNavy.com:

I placed an order early August for several items. Most came in correct, but 2 pairs of short were the wrong color (which my son cannot wear at his school). When I emailed, they told me I had to call, so I took time out of my schedule to call. The lady said she would have to charge my account again in order to reship before receiving the other shorts. I told her that was fine, and she gave me a discount. The real problem came when that second order didn't come in after 2 weeks. They had shipped it to the address I lived at a year and a half ago. When I called, they immediately shipped out the shorts again to our correct address and did not charge me again. When I received the next order, they were the wrong shorts AGAIN. I called back because I still had not received a refund after month, and told them I need to send these back and not to worry about sending anymore, and I asked for and FINALLY received my original $50 refund within a few days. It has been a month since I shipped those back, and I still do not have a refund at the end of October. They show in their system that they credited my account for the $38.97, but I have not received a refund. While the customer service people have been friendly, I will not ever do business with their online store again. This has been a costly ordeal I do not want to repeat, and it seems like the head and tail do not communicate very well.

I will not go to old navy store @southbaymall Boston.

from Dorchester, MA

Comments about Old Navy | OldNavy.com:

I went to old navy store at south bay mall Boston yesterday afternoon. I wanted to buy a top worth 4.49$ (as written on orange sticker) which on the billing counter showed me a price of 9.49$. The women on the billing counter was so rude she didn't let me buy the top because I didn't have an ID with me at that time and I wanted to use my credit card. She said the billing will not get through in a humiliating tone as if I cannot pay 10$. she could have let me pay using my credit card as a debit card as later suggested to me buy a saleswoman but I didn't want to again to same rude woman. I was thinking that may be she didn't let me buy because I was not buying lot of stuff or may be she thought that I'm a fraud or may be based on my ethnicity she wanted to discriminate. Whatever was her reason It came out that the staff is not at all helpful when it should help the customers they are making them go way. If that's the mentality of the staff I'll not ever go to this store to waste my time ever again.

My whole family shops here and I love it

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Old Navy | OldNavy.com:

I have been shopping at old navy for years since before my kids were born and recently started using their website when I don't have time to get to the store and need something for my family or myself. Most recently I used oldnavy.com for my kids back to school clothes and the deals are amazing. The site is so easy to use and has everything organized so it's easy to find what you're looking for and offers free three day shipping with only a minimum of fifty dollars. They are constantly running great deals all year long and even though the clothing and other items are very inexpensive, their clothing and footwear are very durable and won't rip like a lot of other low costing items in different stores. The website is great when you really need to get something quick but have no time to get to the store and the shipping is really fast. When I do go to the store, I can always find whatever I need in all sizes and it's very fast and easy to find what I'm looking for all year round. During the winter they always have great styles and coats for a low price and during summer it's like my sandal and flip flop capital and bathing suit store. My whole family shops here which makes life a little bit easier than having my husband, kids, and myself running all over the place saving me time and energy. Their customer service is great in store and online. I'm a loyal customer and very happy with their pricing and products. I would definitely recommend trying both.

Always Great Sales

from Eustis, FL

Comments about Old Navy | OldNavy.com:

I never used to be a fan of Old Navy because I used to think they were particularly too expensive for me to afford but I thought wrong! After I had my daughter I began shopping on Old Navy's website a lot for clothing for her. I find that although their items do tend to be a bit pricey it's worth it because the quality of the clothes are great. I do notice some pieces run a bit big but I don't see that as a bad thing because my daughter has shorts that I bought her last year that she is still able to fit even with her being a growing toddler. They always have some type of sale going on as well so that with the addition of being able to earn money back helps me to save quite a bit of money when I do shop on Old Navy's website. The only downside to their clothing is that even though they are of great quality and last a long time, the dresses tend to run a bit short on my daughter. It may just be because she has such long legs but I notice that although the dresses fit her snug without being to big or too tight, they do end up looking too short on her after a few wears so I end up having to either give them away or pair them with leggings to get more use out of them. I guess I just know now to buy dresses from Old Navy a few sizes bigger so that hopefully my daughter can get more than 2 or three wears out of them.

Great Clothing Store

Comments about Old Navy | OldNavy.com:

I've been shopping at Old Navy for several years now and have recently started shopping at their online store. Our local store always has super long lines and my size usually isn't in stock so I've found if I don't need an item immediately it is easier to shop online. There are also occasionally sales that are only offered online which will be better than the store prices. The online store is very good about having items in stock. The best part about shopping online is that as long as your order total is over $50 standard shipping is free. You can also combine your orders with Banana Republic and Gap to bring up your total cost. The only difficult part of making purchases online is not being able to see them in person and touch the fabric. I find that occasionally the fabric can be less than stellar and won't look good on me but if that does happen I can always bring my purchase back to the store and return it there so I don't have to pay the shipping charges to return it. If I loose my packing slip I can always login to my account online and print one off of there.

• Shipping and Returns:

It functions like most other internet sites

Comments about Old Navy | OldNavy.com:

I had no issues shopping on oldnavy.com. It was pretty easy to navigate and I found what I was looking for with no issues

The website is divided into categories for men, women, boys, girls, and babies. The categories are then divided in sub categories based upon clothing option. This makes it easy to find items. it can be overwhelming though as some items are placed into two sub categories.

Product Selection
They have everything you could find in a store plus more which is a bonus. it is nice to be able to have your own trend and not worry someone you know will have the same outfit.

Product Pricing
I usually only buy items on clearance or with a coupon. I do not like to pay full price for items. Old Navy does not run many specials so that can be frustrating. i want quality clothes, but do not wnat to pay an arm and a leg.

Customer Service
I have never used customer service for online purchases. The associates in the stores are very friendly and helpful. They greet you when they see you and can answer most questions.

Shipping and Returns
I have always received my items on time or earlier. I have even been reimbursed money for items that did not ship on the correct date, but still arrived on time. i did not have to contact anyone to have this done so that was a bonus.

• Shipping and Returns:

There's a few things they could work on

Comments about Old Navy | OldNavy.com:

I really like Old Navy because they have clothes for the whole family. My husband, kids and I can all find things there. Their clothes aren't really built to last, but they are priced low and styles change so it's ok that they wear out. The prices are usually really reasonable. Occasionally things are excluded from the sales. I prefer shopping online because the selection is better and prices are easy to find. The stores don't have enough room to stock a lot of styles and it's always hard to tell what is on sale. Items are always thrown about the store or signs are in the wrong place.
I can almost always find what I need online and free shipping starts at only fifty dollars. I think that's reasonable. One of my favorite promotions with Old Navy is their Old Navy cash. I've had problems redeeming the cash online as well as receiving the Old Navy cash after making qualifying purchases. Their customer service is usually good about fixing it, but it is inconvenient to have to go through customer service.

I love Old Navy apparel, but I'd rather shop in store

from Marietta, GA

Comments about Old Navy | OldNavy.com:

I am one of those people who prefers to shop in store, rather than online when it comes to apparel and shoes. It's not easy to find the right size and fit and I had to deal with returns. And to wait for my package to be delivered. However, sometimes you can find better deals online, so you need to take advantage. Especially when you've had your eyes on a certain item and you already know what size you need. On Oldnavy.com Shipping is always free with a $50 purchase, otherwise it is $7. They also offer free returns on all orders. If you apply for their credit card online, and are approved, you will receive a 10% off your first online purchase. Other benefits of their credit card are: you get a $5 reward card for every $100 spent in store or online, you earn 1 point per $1 spent everywhere else where their Visa Card is accepted. You also get exclusive offers, such as this one offered last year: $40 off a $100 purchase for cardholders, which is a great offer especially when paired with sale or clearance items. Online prices and discounts tend to differ from the ones in store, so like I said, sometimes you can find better deals online. When it comes to clearance deals, however, stores are the best to find really inexpensive items, especially at the very end of the season, when you get an extra discount on already reduced clearance prices. The website is also convenient when you don't have an Old Navy store in your area or the store doesn't carry all the items you want or the right size.

Easy to use

from Denham Springs, LA

Comments about Old Navy | OldNavy.com:

Oldnavy.com's website is easy to use and offers all the clothes it has in brick and mortar stores, as well as, Plus size clothing. The most helpful site capability is being able to see reviews of items you might be interested in before purchasing. I will only buy something from Oldnavy.com with reviews. I have purchased plus size, maternity, and boys clothes on Oldnavy.com. My items were easy to order, sizes were always in stock, and payment was easy. Shipping is steal at only $5. The problem comes when the order arrives. My boy clothes were always nice and what I expected. The clothes I ordered for myself have always been mis-sized. The clothes from Oldnavy.com are either way too large or way too small. Consistency and quality across their women's clothing seems to vary. The great thing is returns are easy if you have a local Old Navy store nearby. You may stand in line forever, but returns can be made at the store.

• Shipping and Returns:

A lot of petite size available

from Northeast AR

Comments about Old Navy | OldNavy.com:

In my town, there is only one Old Navy and the next nearest one is about 2 hours away. Our store is small, so they don't carry whole a lot. And they don't have petite size, so I always shop Old Navy online. Only problem I have is the delivery takes longer than other e-commerce businesses. I get them after I even forgot when I ordered them. And although I appreciate their online only deals a lot and I use them as much as I could, I have to buy over $50 to get free shipping, so I end up purchasing a lot of things I don't wear and have to go to a store to return them. I do love that I can return them to the store for free though. It would be nice to have a petite/plus size club membership or something that help us shop the size they don't carry at stores and get them delivered for free. Some business offer free delivery for sizes they don't carry at the store, but it took forever for me to get the order, so I haven't even tried it at other places anymore. As far as the variety goes, I love it. Almost everything come in petite nowadays. However, be aware if you go through "women-petite" page, you miss a lot of products because they are not all linked there. I always go to regular women page and pick a product. Then you can see many are available in petite size even if they don't show up on "petite" page.

Shipping and Returns
Slow shipping, charge for less than $50 purchase, but easy free return to a store.