3.5

Old El Paso Jalapeno Slices - Pickled

3.5

Old El Paso Jalapeno Slices: Versatile Spiciness in a Jar

Comments about Old El Paso Jalapeno Slices - Pickled:

I have always trusted El Paso products when cooking any type of Latin food. So, it's no wonder their jalapenos would be on my favorites list too. I cook a lot of Mexican and South American dishes calling for pickled jalapenos. This brand is consistently good and sliced thinly the way I like them. Jalapenos are not consistently hot themselves but Old El Paso does their job and keeps theirs consistently spicy, never dull or bland. They are cooked to perfection and you can eat them right out of the jar or on a sandwich. They really are versatile and can be addictive. Try them and you will love them too.

ughhh

Comments about Old El Paso Jalapeno Slices - Pickled:

I did not like the taste of these at all! very nasty! wasted my food because I put these on it! have not met many people who do like these! El Paso has done way better with other products! I took the product back to the store and received a refund of my money!

Not enough heat & too much vinegar.

from Suffolk, VA

Comments about Old El Paso Jalapeno Slices - Pickled:

I guess I can not complain about the vinegar because with anything that is pickled you will have a lot of vinegar. I rather buy fresh jalapenos though sometimes can be hot and some times no heat at all at least there is a chance of heat but with Old El Paso Jalapeno Slices you have no chance of heat. I have got plenty of these over the years and they always have no good amount of heat. Adds some flavoe to scrambled eggs but I still have to add some ghost pepper sauce so I can taste the heat. I am curious if habaneros would be good pickled or even better the ghost pepper. Not sure why I keep using these every once in a while, I guess some hot peppers even if not hot are better than no hot peppers. It is hard to find anything other than jalapenos around here. Though on occasion Food Lion has some fresh habaneros. That's why I am growing my own assortedment of hot peppers. So I do not have to just settle for these. Not sure if I will try pickling any of them but sure do plan on eating all of them.

The hotter the better!

from Madisonville, KY

Comments about Old El Paso Jalapeno Slices - Pickled:

I eat Jalapeno slices at least once a day, and I've done this for years.  I was told theres a health benefit--which is, it cleans out your arteries!  Even if that were'nt true, I just love heat on my food.    El paso Jalapeno slices is just that, hot and so good!!!