Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:
Olay
Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash

Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash

Pros

• Easy to use (3)

Cons

Ultra moisture means bye bye eczema

For the last couple of years my husband has been having dry skin issues, especially in our Utah winter.  As we live in an apartment where we can’t install a water softner unit we’ve been looking for other options to help protect our skin from the calcium rich water.  We found this to be a viable option.

Before we found this, he’s been using a suave body wash and his skin would just get these dry itchy red patches worse and worse.  We’d lotion to keep it at bay, but we were slowly losing that battle.  Once we switched him to oil of olay’s ultra moisture body wash the eczema has all but vanished.  He’d been using it less than a week when we noticed a difference, and it continually went down until now two weeks later its gone.  Although I should admit that he still does lotion his arms where the patches were every day, so it has not been a stand alone treatment.  Yes this is slightly pricier than the Suave but it has made a huge difference in his skins health and comfort.

Silky bodywash but it was irritating to my sensitive skin

Had I not had such sensitive skin, this silky body wash would have received a much higher recommendation. It has a lovely silky texture that not only leaves a nice moisture layer on your skin but can serve as a great bubble bath and shave gel. However, as much as I enjoyed the texture of the body wash it left my very sensitive skin irritated and red. I had to discontinue its use after a few showers due to this issue. I gave the remainder of the body wash to my sister, and she enjoyed it without any kind of irritation. She sang its praises as both a body wash and a shave gel.

The silky texture of this wash made it an excellent shave gel. It gave a lovely lather with a bath poufy. Unfortunately, I had to discontinue use of the wash due to irritation . I have extremely sensitive skin, so others with less irritated skin can probably use this with no problem. You will be impressed with the texture of the wash.

Beautiful floral scent. It reminded me of a more expensive department store perfume. However, that scent may be what caused so much irritation to my skin, so I would caution those with sensitive skin to be careful when using this wash.

love this stuff!

from Placerville, CA

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Cleans Effectively
  • Easy To Use
  • Gentle
  • Good Value
  • Moisturizes
  • Pleasant Smell

• Baths
    • Daily Use
    • Showers

Comments about Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash:

I am always on the lookout for a new soap or body wash because I like changing up different scents or even trying unscented body wash. Mostly because I want to find my holy grail body wash. I have found it! This Olay Ultra Moisture Body wash is seriously amazing. There is something about the smell that is just fantastic in my opinion. It is extremely creamy, and feels so great on the skin. I hate when soaps strip the moisture out of my skin but this one really helps me retain that soft skin. It really makes a big difference for me. I have very sensitive, eczema prone skin so now that I have found something that works for me, I know I won't have to keep looking for another one. Highly recommend.

Not What I expected

from tx

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Effective
    • Gentle

• Daily Use

Comments about Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash:

I actually decided to use this body wash because my skin dries out horribly during certain seasons and it's says it's suppose to moisturize. Well it does moisturize very well. My concern was that I didn't feel very clean and I didn't feel like I smelled great. It has a very light scent, not much of one. For me scent is a huge thing for me, without much of a scent I will not buy.

It did provide some moisture

from Rex, GA

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Cleans Effectively
      • Easy To Use
      • Moisturizing

Cons

• Bubbles Don't Last Long
      • Poor Lather

• Baths
      • Showers

Comments about Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash:

It was a good body wash but it did not lather that well but it did give the skin moisture. I did notice the difference in using Olay with moisturizer vs another body wash without. I did use less lotion with the Olay. Its not a bad product but I like to see and feel the lather of my body wash. i would recommend. It was a good amount of body wash for the price.

Good amount for price but not great at moisturizing

Comments about Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash:

Great value for the price. You get a large amount for cheaper than most other brands. The moisturizing part isn't very good though. I have very dry skin and it didn't help hardly at all. It does have a nice scent though. It does have a nice, soft lather. It is very smooth and creamy. It doesn't bubble and sud up like other body washes. It goes on smoothly.

It is supposed to be extreme moisture but it doesn't seem to help with dry skin. I have used other Olay products similar to this and they worked better. I was pretty disappointed in the effectiveness of this product since it is specifically made for dry skin. Would not recommend it if you're looking for dry skin relief.

The smell of this is very pleasant. It smells really good but it isn't too strong. The scent doesn't seem to stay with you too long though. If you're looking for something that isn't too potent smelling this is a good choice.

A long lasting switch!

from Michigan

Comments about Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash:

This has to be one of the few body washing products that I've used that does what it says. It leaves skin feeling soft and feeling moisturized. Most body washes I've tried in the past have left my skin dry, leading to flaky and cracked skin. Not with this product, i haven't experienced any flakiness, dryness or irritation. Many people's fear when they try a new product is will it mess up my skin? I can tell you I have sensitive skin and this body wash hasn't made me react in a bad way at all. So when i was first using it i was thinking "what about the wash itself then?" I was pretty impressed with it. You get a nice lather when you start and it goes on smoothly as well as when you rinse off. Also it doesn't take that much of the product to get a good lather going so you don't replace the bottle every other week. which is a great way if you want to avoid an out the way shopping trip. But for this product when it runs out of course I would see no problem knowing it'll last long.

Leaves skin feeling soft!

Comments about Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash:

If you have sensitive skin like I do, you need a body wash that will clean effectively and not irritate your skin. In addition, a body wash that leaves skin feeling moisturized is highly desirable. Olay products have generally been good for everyday use with my dry, sensitive skin. I like using Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash. It is pleasantly lightly scented. I like a body wash that fills the bathroom with good scents, but not too flowery or fruity and that leaves the skin smelling good. This body wash fills that desire. It lathers quite well with a loofah and feels silky on the skin as you use it. It rinses away cleanly. I hate soaps that leave a residue or make my skin feel "sticky". This soap does not do that. I feel like it does a good job of hydrating my skin. My skin feels soft and moisturized throughout the day. I tend to use several different moisturizing soaps and buy whichever one is on sale or for which I have a coupon, but this one is on the list of favorite body washes.

A Body Wash that Effectively Restores Moisture

Comments about Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash:

The product definitely holds true to it's name. It is very moisturizing for my skin type. I have dry, sensitive skin with a history of eczema. After multiple uses i noticed that my skin, on my legs especially, were not as dry as before using this product. Another great thing about this product is the scent. Before buying a body wash or shampoo, I always smell the soap. Because my skin is so sensitive, the strength of the fragrance can not be too strong or my skin will become red and act out. Also, I am use to buying soaps where the scent is temporary. In this Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash, the scent stays on your skin after washing and it is a very light scent. I love using this before bed time and being able to fall asleep to the softness it gives my skin. The smell is faint, but still sweet and relaxing. 100% recommend using this product before bed time. Lastly, i love how rich the lather is. You don't need too much of this product to get a good lather going. Instantly after applying the soap to your skin it begins to lather. I personally do not use tools to scrub myself besides my hands because the roughness of scrubbing tools are very irritating to my skin. Regardless, using your hands to lather this product is all you need. Like previously mentioned, the lather is really rich and goes on very smoothly. By far the best body wash I've used. A product of great quality.

I wasn't that impressed really.

from Kansas

Comments about Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash:

It seems like a lot of people like the Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash. I wasn't very impressed with it. It had no qualities that stood out to me.

I originally got this body wash in a gift basket with the matching lotion and a loofah, stuff like that. I have really dry skin so I was definitely game for giving the body wash a try.

The scent isn't the greatest. It kind of remains on your skin briefly after bathing but fades pretty quick [which is good or bad depending on your preference.] It lathers fairly well and rinses clean. It doesn't leave a residue on your skin like some body washes, which is nice. I was hoping my dry skin would feel more moisturized after I got out of the shower but it really felt no different than usual. I continued to use the body wash hoping maybe with some time it would moisturize my skin. No such luck. It's just your typical body wash. Probably good for normal skin, but never moisturized my skin at all.

I don't recommend the body wash for those with dry skin due to the fact that it didn't work as advertised on my skin.

Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash is great for extemely dry skin.

from Rib Lake, WI

Comments about Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash:

I really like Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash for my dry skin. It definitely helps to moisturize my skin without making it feel greasy or oily. Olay body wash has such a pleasant mild fragrance too. Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash leaves my skin feeling very silky smooth .

In the winter, especially I find that my skin gets very dry and itchy. Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash works well to make my dry skin feel soft and smooth. My mother has very dry skin also and I gave her some Olay body wash to try. She was helped greatly by this product-. It brought much relief to her dry itchy skin. We both highly recommend Olay bath products.

Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash has a light pleasant scent-not overpowering or irritating. Olay body wash makes a very nice foamy lather that really helps make taking a shower a relaxing experience. Olay body wash rinses off great too with no greasy feeling left on my skin.

Above average body wash

Comments about Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash:

I like this soap because it is silky smooth and feels great going on in the shower. I like the consistency of the soap because it is creamy and thick but not too thick that it doesn't rinse off or stay on my leg when its wet in shower. It cleans dirt and oil off of my skin easily without having to rub off a long time. It is one of my favorite shower gels because of the consistency and because it makes shaving my legs easier because my razor glides a lot easier and I get less nicks on my legs. This body wash makes my skin feel pretty moisturized after a shower but not enough to where I don't need to apply lotion afterwards. My skin feels refreshed and great after using it. This body wash feels luxurious when you rub it on so I think it's worth the extra money. I prefer it to bar soap because of the smooth feel.

The scent is fresh but not one of my favorites because it seems more appropriate for an older woman.