Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:

Olay Total Effects Cream Cleanser + Blemish Control

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

THE BEST acne cleanser I have found yet!

After trying so many cleansers for problem skin, and not finding much success with any of them, I saw a commercial for the Olay website one day. I went online and took the skincare quiz, and this was one of the recommended products for me to try. I purchased this cleanser as well as the corresponding cleanser with sunscreen and night firming cream. Within a couple of days I started noticing an improvement in my skin- it was clearer and smoother. This product is not over-drying, so my skin no longer looks like it's covered in an oil slick due to overcompensation. I have also noticed an improvement in monthly hormonal breakouts. Some months I do not get any pimples, but when I do it is less severe than before I started using this product. I would highly recommend this to anyone who has not had success with other (many much more expensive) acne cleansers.

Disappointing

I still have acne and oily skin but time is causing the need for anti-aging care also.  I trust Olay, so I thought I'd try this cleanser.  First, it smells like strawberry yogurt.  Not bad, just a little surprising.  It has little scrubby beads but not nearly enough to get oily skin clean.  It would be much better if there were more scrubby beads.  It removed my makeup okay but my skin seemed to get worse with ongoing use.

nice Product for all skin

from uk

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Balances Skin
  • Gentle
  • Improves Skin Texture
  • Leaves Clean Feel
  • Moisturizing
  • Not Greasy
  • Smells Great

Cons

• Bad Smell
  • Doesn't Remove Makeup
  • Dries Out Skin
  • Greasy
  • Ineffective
  • Irritates Skin
  • Messy

• Dry Skin
  • Oily Skin
  • Sensitive Skin

Comments about Olay Total Effects Cream Cleanser + Blemish Control:

Product so wonderful I did not know him before, but when I found I made a search for him and read the responses of users of this product turned out to be an effective and quick and I recommend it .

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Great results

Comments about Olay Total Effects Cream Cleanser + Blemish Control:

I purchased Olay Total Effects Cream Cleanser + Blemish Control two months ago, and am pleased with the results. I don't have a huge problem with blemishes, but they do show up from time to time. I've been using this daily, and haven't had one in two months.

After I use this, my skin always feels soft and smooth. It works without drying out my skin.

As I stated above, I haven't had a blemish since I've been using it. I generally do not get a lot, but at least once a month one will pop up.

It also doesn't dry out my skin like some of the other products I have tried.

Ease of Application
I use it in the shower, I just apply it, rub it in and rinse it off.

Convenience
Olay Total Effects Cream Cleanser + Blemish Control is available in most of the locations that I shop.

Side Effects
I haven't experienced any side effects.

Immediacy
I started using this after I had a few breakouts. I haven't had a breakout since I've been using it. So it seems to work right away.

• Immediacy:

This is my favorite facial cleaner as an adult.

Comments about Olay Total Effects Cream Cleanser + Blemish Control:

I love this facial cleanser. I started using it in my adult years when my acne was not as bad and I started to want to pay attention to my aging skin. I read a lot about the product before I started to use it. After using the product in correlation with some other olay products daily I started to notice my skin have a special glow about it. This cleanser smells great and is very creamy. It is also extremely reasonably priced for cleansers of the same sort.

My face always feels clean and fresh after using this product. Not to mention it takes care of my adult acne. I don't have much acne but this definitely takes care of those pesky few pimples I may get.

Ease of Application
Give me some water and a rag and I can use it. Very easy application

Convenience
This product is sold in most stores. Its very convenient to find

Side Effects
I have never had a single side effect from this product. Not irritation at all.

Immediacy
I notice a change in my complexion very shortly after starting to use this product.

Good every day cleanser

Comments about Olay Total Effects Cream Cleanser + Blemish Control:

This is a nice cleanser that is very lightly exfoliating, enough that you can use it every day. It helps make my skin clearer and softer. I don't find it to be too drying and it does seem to help with reducing spots. Leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh.

• Immediacy:

THE BEST acne cleanser I have found yet!

from East Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Olay Total Effects Cream Cleanser + Blemish Control:

This made a huge difference in my skin tone!

from Damascus, VA

Comments about Olay Total Effects Cream Cleanser + Blemish Control:

I don't wear makeup often and have used Noxema to clean my face for nearly 15 years.  I also have a very uneven skintone, redness that comes and goes, and one or two zits almost constantly in varying areas of my face.  I figured that it was just the way my skin is.

My husband gave me a day at the spa for our anniversary this year and my attendant made it very clear that my cleanser was not doing me any favors.  It was cleaning my face, yes, but that was all.  At my age (28), I needed to start thinking about protecting and helping my skin.  She suggested some outrageously priced cleanser that they sold exclusively at the spa.  I started looking for other alternatives.

After a little research,  I decided to give Olay Total Effects Anti-Blemish a try.  I was nervous as I washed my face that evening, as I have very sensitive skin and allergies.  There were microbeads I hadn't expected, to exfoliate my skin - was this going to make my already sizeable pores bigger?  I went to bed expecting so see a very red face in the morning, since it was a touch red now.

I woke up to the most even skin tone I'd had in years.  No zits!  It had shrunk the two I had coming on and my face was not blochy or red anywhere.  Why had I not tried this before?

I also tried it after a day of heavy makeup (a rarity for me) and it removed the makeup with ease.

This is a great product to begin helping your skin instead of just keeping it clean.  Your face will show the difference!  My little sister has switched from just seeing the difference in mine.

Can't live without it!

from Pennsauken, NJ

Comments about Olay Total Effects Cream Cleanser + Blemish Control:

I simply cannot live without the Olay Total Effects Anti Blemish Daily Cleanser. I am in my 30s but still suffer from breakouts. My breakouts are not as bad as when I was a teenager but I really thought that by this age, I would be done with acne altogether. My mother suffered from adult acne as well so I guess that it is hereditary. Anyway, this cleanser works great! It keeps my outbreaks to a minimum. This cleanser is gentle enough for my sensitive skin as well. The price is not too bad because the tube lasts a while even when used every day. When I used to travel for business, I would freak out if I forgot to pack it in my suit case or if I forgot it in the shower of the hotel I was staying in. There are not many products that I can't live without but this one definitely makes the list. I love how the consistancy is creamy and does not leave any residue on your face. Also, it does not over dry your face or make the blemishes worse.

Helps prevent breakouts but doesn't remove makeup well

from Piedmont, NC

Comments about Olay Total Effects Cream Cleanser + Blemish Control:

Olay Total Effects Anti-Blemish Daily Cleanser contains salicylic acid to prevent breakouts. I'm not sure exactly how it works since you only leave it on your face for less than a minute. Seems like the "anti-blemish" ingredient would wash off. In any case, I think it works okay and maybe that's reality or maybe it's placebo effect. It seems to gently exfoliate my skin without causing dryness. It is a cream cleanser, so it doesn't really lather. It doesn't really remove all traces of my makeup either. I started using it in the morning and use a lathering cleanser at night to remove makeup. I find that works better for my skin. As with other Olay facial cleansers, I think part of the "anti-aging" benefit comes from the fact that the cleanser contains moisturizers. Dryness makes wrinkles more visible and gives skin a dull appearance. I'm sure it probably has other "anti-aging" ingredients, but I haven't checked the label. What has me hooked is that a product containing salicylic acid does not cause me to have dry or irritated skin.

Olay Anti Blemish Cleanser - really works for me

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Olay Total Effects Cream Cleanser + Blemish Control:

I have been using this product recently for the past 2 months and I find it better than the other clensers for blemish control. I use it on a daily basis , I am not sure if it prevents blemishes , But it does control the blemish from spreading and growing in size. It cleanses deep in to the pores and controls the infection from spreading deep in to the skin. It also provides mouistirization and makes skin smooth and soft. It reduces dark spots also upon proper usage - Does not dry the skin. Gentle and best for sensitive skin types. it also removes makeup and deep clenses the skin. controls the bacterial action due to pimples and blemishes and helps the acne to subdue with in a period of 3 days . It not only prevents acne from becoming bigger , but it also helps the acne/pimple to settle with out forming a mark on the skin. It really works for me and I would suggest this to any one who is suffering from acne. Of course, we can not expect over night results, But it soothes the skin and prevents irritation.

Helped clear my skin

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Olay Total Effects Cream Cleanser + Blemish Control:

I loved it. I started using this to save money on not buying department store products. I was impressed it worked better that more expensive prodcts. i liked the way it cleared my skin without drying it out. I have bought htis several times and really like the results