Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:

Olay Total Effects Body Wash

Pros

Cons

Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging Body Wash the next new body wash

Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging Body Wash is Olay's most advanced body wash. It goes beyond cleansing to deeply moisturize and fight the 7 signs of aging all over your body.These 7 skin benefits are in 1 great body wash to provide you with beautiful, visibly younger looking skin with an appearance that is more resilient to aging. It will: 1) improve skin elasticity 2)relieve dryness 3)deeply moisturize 4) brighten dull skin 5) even out skin tones 6) smooths rough skin and 7) minimizes the appearance of dry lines. Plus it exfoliates, replenishes your skin, and evens skin textures too. Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging Body Wash was voted by Allure magazine readers the best body wash.It is also moisture fused with vitamins and anti-oxidants. Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging Body Wash will give you softer smoother skin in one shower, improve elasticity in one week, and give you younger looking skin in one month. This will not be available until Feb. 2010. However, if you go to olay.com you can request a sample to be mailed to you from P & G Everyday Solutions or you can go directly to pgeverydaysloutions.com and sign up.

Poor ingredients + strong perfume scent = 2 stars!

I received a free sample of this body wash in the mail and was looking forward to seeing what, if anything, it would do for my sometimes dry skin.  After using it for 6 days straight, I have come to the conclusion that it's a total waste of money.

**Olay Total Effect Body Wash** claims that it provides the following 7 benefits:

- Improves elasticity

- Relieves dryness

- Deeply moisturizes

- Brightens dull skin

- Evens skin tone

- Smoothes rough skin

- Minimizes the appearance of dry lines

I do like this body wash is a thick cream, but I do not like its first 3 ingredients: water, petrolatum and mineral oil.  I don't use products that contain petroleum or it's cousins, so I won't be using this either.  Thanks for the free sample, Olay, but it's not for me.

For six days, I applied Olay Total Effects Body Wash all over my body, except for one arm.  I wanted an area that wasn't washed with this product to see if there were noticeable results compared to the arm that was washed with it.  After my experiment, I have noticed nothing.  The arm that had this body wash applied to it for 6 days is no softer, moisturized or anything else.  I have even *looked* for results and cannot find any.

I can't stand the smell of it.  There's a teenie, tiny little part of it that smells fresh and lovely, then the other 99% is a dominating perfume smell.

Check out this body wash

from NA

Comments about Olay Total Effects Body Wash:

I purchased the set of all Olay products recently and the Olay Total Effects Body wash was also present in the set. The body wash is quite small in size but it lasts quite long. One bottle lasted for about two months which make it cost effective. The body wash has ingredients like vitamin B3, vitamin E, vitamin B5, jojoba butter, mineral oil and many others which help in nourishing the skin and hydrating it, thus leaving the skin as young as before. This total effects body wash by Olay has been advertised several times on the television where the use of this product is explained well. It helps in reducing the aging signs on our skin which appear after the age of 30.

I have never used an anti-aging body wash till date and so Olay has been the best brand to have introduced a complete set of these products which helps woman like me. The elasticity of my skin has improved a lot since its use and the skin does not feel dry and dull as it used to feel before. The fragrance of this product is very good.

I may be the minority, but I don't like this product.

Comments about Olay Total Effects Body Wash:

I really did not like this product. I received it as a free sample in the mail. It sat in my shower forever before I finally ran out of all other soap options and tried it. I hated every second of the scent!!! This product smells awful!!!! This is a huge problem for me because scents will often lead to headaches for me. Not only was the scent bad, it was too strong! My husband will generally use any soap that is in the shower for him to use. He opted to use our shampoo instead of this product! That says it all for me. I was really disappointed in this product because I usually trust other product from Oil of Olay. This one made me be more cautious with this company. Apparently, all their products are not great.

I like the feel and the silkiness of the product. However, again, the scent was so overwhelming and so bad. The scent distracted me and hindered my use of the product so much that I couldn't tell you the actual effectiveness of the product afterwards. I never usually throw any unfinished product away. I hate to throw away money. I could not throw this one away fast enough.

Awful. Overwhelmingly terrible. Hate it! Deters me completely from this product!

Last piece of the puzzle

Comments about Olay Total Effects Body Wash:

I bought this after buying almost all of the Olay Total Effect products. I love it. It's a great body wash. My skin feels softer and smoother and I can notice improved firmness. I use it on my face and it works so well I almost don't need to use the facial cleanser in addition to the body wash. The product was a little hard to find. It doesn't seem a lot of stores carry it but I found it at my local CVS. It rarely goes on sale but when it does I buy two bottles. It lasts for a very long time. Don't need much on your sponge to get a good lather.

I've seen an improvement in my skins overall appearance. I am very please with this product and intend to continue using it. I don't have very dry skin I was looking more for a preventative product for aging and this is working out nicely so far.

It doesn't really have a scent. Which I like. I don't like the overly smelly body washes I have tried in the past. It refreshing to have a body wash that just leaves you smelling clean. Not like a flower or some fruit. I would recommend this product based on this.

A Review of olay total Effect Body Wash

Comments about Olay Total Effects Body Wash:

This body wash is thick and creamy and it foams well. I've always like Olay products, and this one is no exception. It leaves your skin feeling soft, clean and conditioned. It rinses off completely - it doesn't give you that "squeaky clean" feeling, your skin feels clean and smooth. The body wash helps moisturize your skin, in the winter my legs get dry, flaky and slightly cracked and this body wash got rid of the cracks and seemed to heal my dry splotches. After bathing and drying off, my legs looked better and there was less flaking. The only thing I didn't like about the body wash was when I shaved my legs (I use body wash instead of shaving cream), it "gummed" up the razor - the lotion in the body wash coated the razor blades and I had to change them more often.

It cleans well without leaving a soapy residue feeling behind. It also moisturizes dry skin.

I don't like scented products, and this one has just a very light scent that you smell when using it, but doesn't linger on your skin.

Poor ingredients + strong perfume scent = 2 stars!

from Camp Lejeune, NC

- Minimizes the appearance of dry lines

Hooray for Olay Body Wash makes me look and feel younger

from Houston, TX

Comments about Olay Total Effects Body Wash:

I admit to not being a real strong believer in many of the products that say they are anti aging. And I also admit to preferring products that are green (eco-friendly and naturally made) especially when it comes to what I put on my body. But sometimes you have to make compromises and if one has to be made using **Olay Total Effects Anti Aging Body Was**h may be just one of those you are happy to make.

***What I like about Olay Total Effects Anti Aging Body Wash:***

- it's more like a cream so I don't waste or spill any

- lathers up well not matter what I am using but not an overwhelming lather

- my skin feels relieved when I use it

- then my skin feels soft and smooth after using it

- a little goes a long way - so even though it's more expensive than some others it's not going to break the bank either

- coupons available

***What I don't like about Olay Total Effects Anti Aging Body Wash: ***

- doesn't contain all natural ingredients

Let's face it though, my skin is clean, smells nice, soft and smooth.  I think that is were the anti aging process comes in, your skin can't look young if it's all dry and flaky, itchy or red now can it?

It makes my skin feels soft and smooth after using it.

It has a light clean fragrance with faint scents of herbs and florals.

Olay total effects body wash an Outstanding product

from Palm Coast, FL

Comments about Olay Total Effects Body Wash:

I have been using the Olay total effects body wash for a few months now and wanted to see how well it works . I can say that it really is a great body wash and works very well.

I love the scent and think its just the right strength . It lathers very well and is really creamy .

Olay total effects body wash not only smells nice but it will give you're skin a more even tone. I have freckles and this body wash helped them to fade them and gave my skin a really lovely glow .

I think it exfoliates very well and makes the skin very soft and silky . I have used a lot of body washes , and I think this one is better than many out on the market . I use to use bliss-world body washes and thought they were nice but the price is ridiculous . Ive tried caress but I really hate the scent of that product . The olay body wash will make your skin smell very nice like summer fruit or melons . I love this body-wash and think its worth every penny of the price . Its my favorite and the only one I use now .I have 2 bottles one for the bath and one for the shower .

thanks for reading my review  :)

Leaves skin soft, but will leave a film & clog your razor!

from Wadsworth, OH

Comments about Olay Total Effects Body Wash:

I just started using Olay's total effects body wash recently and I love how soft and smooth it makes my skin feel when showering. I even feel like I don't have to use any body lotion after using this product which is nice. However, it feels like it leaves an oily film on my skin that doesn't wash off and it also has clogged up two of my expensive razors. I can't get the film off of my razors and I noticed it was from this body wash after I used it and then shaved my legs. This seems like a great body wash for very dry skin as it leaves a soft, moisturized coat on your skin and you feel like you have a protectant lotion on after using. But, if you don't like greasy products that leave any kind of a film and will clog your razors, it might not be for you. After I finish this product I won't be buying it again and will return to my usual body wash in the future and now I have to buy more razors.

Moisturizes skin very well.

Feels Like I'm Washing With Silken Bubbles

from Chicagoland, IL

Comments about Olay Total Effects Body Wash:

Based on the "7 signs of aging" concept, Olay promises to: improve elasticity, moisturize, lock-in moisture, brighten dull skin, even skin tone, smooth skin, and minimize dry lines.

On the whole, I think that Olay Total Effects body wash is an excellent choice if you're looking for a deeply moisturizing body wash for the shower.

In my experience, I didn't see any effect on my skin's elasticity or tone. However, it did effectively moisturize, smooth, and scent my skin. The body wash is lush and foamy and it feels like I'm washing myself with silk. The body wash rinses off completely and the softness remains for hours.

The only reason I didn't give this great body wash a perfect score is because the scent is a little more pronounced than Olay's other body washes. I also hated the lid on the bottle and found it difficult to handle.

Smells nice but feels oily

from 3867

Comments about Olay Total Effects Body Wash:

I purchased a few of these Olay Total Effects Body Washes to try when the stores were running this promotion and I had coupons for them. I have used them up now but I don't think I'll buy anymore. Here are some of the reasons. The bottle with the grit/oatmeal clogs my drain and makes a mess of the tub. I'm already too busy so cleaning up is not my thing. While the wash was nice on application and after drying off, my body felt buttery soft but with a coating I didn't like. I used a wash cloth and perhaps that was not a good choice. Should I have used a sponge/loofah? It's definitely an oil based wash if your washcloth feels oily to the touch and darkened even after being laundered. I would still need to apply additional body lotion since there were gator scales noticeable on my legs. I would not recommend this wash for warm weather usage since it sits heavily on your skin, which needs to breathe, especially at this time of year in order to keep cool. I guess a buttery rich ingredient wash isn't my thing.