Other Toners:

Olay Refreshing Toner

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Olay Refreshing Toner feels nice and cool and keeps skin clear!

If you have problem skin (like I do), then you may want to check out Olay's Refreshing Toner with Witch Hazel. It is stated on the bottle that it is for all skin types but my skin can vary. One day it can be extremely dry and the next day, very oil (the humidity in the south does not help!). I use the product after every shower. I apply it to a cotton pad then wipe my entire face and neck with the pad. After a minute or two, I apply my moisturizer then make-up. In the last month or two of using this product, I have noticed a decrease in blemishes and dry patches. The scent is pleasing (think refreshing) and the product actually feels refreshing - especially on those hot, humid summer days! I have tried other toners that have stung while applying but this toner does not sting at all. Also, the price is reasonable and the bottle lasts for quite a number of applications. I would recommend adding Olay's refreshing toner to your daily face regime if you are looking for healthy, clean, clear, refreshed skin!

I use this when I feel like a total grease ball.

**This product in a nutshell: **is a very basic astringent that is a tad on the harsh side when used on dry or upset skin.  I reserve the use of this product for when the weather is very hot and humid and/or I have just worked out.

I have combination skin that is very sensitive, along with a mild issue of rosacea.  My T-zone is REALLY oily and I often feel as though my forehead and nose could be cleaner after I use my fave face wash.  On nights like those, I am in need of a good toner that will sop up that extra oil that I sometimes see and feel on key areas of my face.  I purchased Olay Refreshing Toner because it was very inexpensive and I love the majority of the Olay brand products I have sampled in the past.  This product has a green-blue color to it and comes in a 7.20 oz. bottle.  It can be found at any drug store or mass retailer.

After washing my face with my fave face wash, I dabbed a round cotton pad with this toner.  The odor is a bit strong, but not unpleasant.  When I wiped the cotton pad over my face, I really liked the refreshing, tingly sensation it gave.  My face felt clean and free of oil, while my pores were visibly smaller.  However, when my skin is the least bit dry, I stay away from Olay Refreshing Toner because it burns on the sensitive parts on my face.  The product makes the dry parts even drier and causes inflammation and irritation.  Upon using facial lotion, the redness and dryness were reduced, but not to such a level where I would be enticed to use this product after every time I cleanse my skin.

**I give this product 3/5 stars because: **it cleans and freshens skin, but can peel sensitive or upset skin.  I would only recommend this toner for the oiliest of complexions or for all skin types during summer months.

So fresh and clean

from Phoenix,Az

Comments about Olay Refreshing Toner:

I think that Olay Refreshing Toner is truly amazing! It really does make my facial skin feel so refreshed and clean. It even helps to remove all the last traces of your makeup. Sometimes you think your face is clean, but then after using an astringent on a cotton ball or pad, you can see the rest of the hidden dirt and makeup that your soap or cleanser missed. It is a wonderful product and I would highly recommend it to anyone. it is very good for all skin types and it never dries your skin. it even smells good, not too strong and the price is reasonable. I have been a long time loyal customer of Olay products.

It is very effective and does a great job of finishing the cleansing routine on your face. Makes your face feel so fresh!

It does have a very nice fragrance and is never too strong.

Ease of Application
It is so very easy to use. You can just apply a little bit of it on a cotton ball or pad and swipe it across your face and you will see a huge difference in how clean your face looks and feels. It gives you a wonderful glow!

my skin feels great.

Comments about Olay Refreshing Toner:

I really like this toner, I have been using it for about 2 weeks and i love the results of it. It refreshes my skin and is great. Its really easy to use, just take a cotton ball and dip and apply. It really dose clean your skin and you can see the results on the cotton ball. My skin used to be so dry that I could not leave the house without a moisturizer but after using this toner for a while I don't need to apply on anything else. I leaves my skin smooth and refreshed.

Purifies my skin!

Comments about Olay Refreshing Toner:

I absolutely love the Olay Refreshing toner! I have oily skin, especially on my face. When I used the Olay toner, I really felt like my skin was so refreshed and purified! All the oils and dirt on my face were scrubbed away and my face was squeaky clean!

Great, Healthy Looking Skin

from Norcross, GA

Comments about Olay Refreshing Toner:

I don't have sensitive skin, but my skin tends to dry out in the winter, regardless of what product I use. Until now! My skin has never felt better since using this Olay toner. I've been so thrilled that I can use it even twice a day without feeling like I'm sucking the moisture out as I go.

• Ease of Application:

olay refreshing toner - can't beat it for the price

from Boca Raton, FL

Comments about Olay Refreshing Toner:

I have not used a toner in years.  Maybe ten years. Someone at a dept store told me I don't need one. So I listened.  Then I found this great deal at target  on the olay refreshing toner.It was such a good deal I couldn't resist. I actually bought several bottles and am I glad I did.   I really love this product.   When I first purchased this item I smelled it for the first time from the bottle, and it smelt like hand soap.  I didn't love the smell, but it doesn't bother me at all! The fact that it isn't alcohol free bothered me at first,  but this toner doesn't dry my face out at all.   I use it twice a day now.   I'll look at my cotton ball and even though I've already washed my face,  there is dirt on the cotton ball!  I know it is doing its job.   After I use it I get a little tingly feeling - I love that,  it leaves me feeling   really refreshed and ready for my moisturizer! I really like this toner.

olay refreshing toner is very affordable

from Fremont, CA

Comments about Olay Refreshing Toner:

Several years ago I started to use OLAY toner. It works well for me. I found it cleans face very well (you will see the results on the cotton ball). Also it add moisture to face. It is best to use it before puting moisturizer on your face.

I keep using it and find my skin became better than before. I like the price very much and told my friend about it. I found it popular as it often sold out in store. Now I buy 2 bottles at a time. I see other brand also has their toner coming out but with a more expensive price.

One thing to be careful is close the cap immediately after use. One time the bottle was open and I happened to make it fall down. Most liquid was out. Another thing to keep in mind is that it has achole in it, so it might kurt your skin a little bit. The sensitive skin person should be very careful about it.

Overall, it is a good product with affordable price. It is more popular now and easy sold out.

Makes my skin feel great!

from Hamilton, OH

Comments about Olay Refreshing Toner:

I recently started using this toner and was instantly impressed with it! I love how refreshed and clean it makes my skin feel,  not only right after I apply it, but also throughout the rest of the day as well. I have extremely oily skin and suffered with acne for many years, Yet this product doesn't make my skin feel oily or heavy. It doesn't clog my pores like similar products have in the past. It simply leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. I use this in conjunction with the Olay foaming facewash and, together, they have left my skin more even-toned and pimple free than it's ever been in my life. The toner leaves me feeling confident that my skin will be healthy looking and not shiny all day. I don't have to worry about carrying around powder or oil wipes because I know this toner has all the oil taken care of. It's an amazing product and I really would recommend for anyone to try if you have oily or "problem" skin and are looking for a way to even your skin tone and control oil.

Olay Refreshing Toner feels nice and cool and keeps skin clear!

from Conway, SC

Comments about Olay Refreshing Toner:

Olay Refreshing Toner is OH So Refreshing!!!

from Atwater, CA

Comments about Olay Refreshing Toner:

I have extremely oily skin and am always looking for products that can help control my shine. I was trying to find a product to help amplify my skincare routine. This is when I discovered Olay's Refreshing Toner. I was searching for toners in my local drug store and the attractive packaging caught my attention. Reading the front, I saw that a primary component of it was witch hazel and thought I would give it a try.

I decided to use it after my nightly face washing to help rid of missed/excess makeup and oils. I opened the bottle, prepped the product onto a cotton pad, and gently rubbed it on my face. The product was very cool, and very refreshing in my skin. There was no burn, and no funky chemical smell. My face felt great after I used it. And, to my surprise, when I washed my face the enxt morning and put my makeup on, my face was a lot less oily during the day! I was thrilled to have found something that finally worked for me and my extra-sensitive skin.

I would highly recommend this product to others with sensitive skin. I love it! I enjoy being able to have a toner in my facial care routine that is not expensive, performs wonderfully, and is backed by the Olay brand name.

Refreshing Toner makes my skin feel great

from Sterling Heights, MI

Comments about Olay Refreshing Toner:

Like others, I got this in a deal with a rebate from olay so the price was right. I don't normally use products like this, and was pleasantly surprised at how it made my skin feel. I expected it to feel super clean, but I didn't know it would make my skin feel unusually soft and smooth. It sounds silly, but I seriously kept reaching up to feel my face the first few times I used it.

I found it was also good just for cleaning off makeup. I didn't particularly notice that it was effective at reducing bags under my eyes in the morning, but I've read that it's good for that.

My only advice is that I think the main (active) ingredient is witch hazel. If that's the case, you may find that it's actually cheaper and just as effective to buy plain old witch hazel and just use that, without paying for a name brand. I haven't done a price comparison, but if I were ready to buy more, I would definitely look for a store brand of witch hazel and buy which ever is cheaper.