Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:
Olay In Shower Body Lotion

Olay In Shower Body Lotion

Pros

Cons

turned my lizard legs into silk in just seconds a day

I have always had extra dry skin.  Throughout high school and college my friends used to call me lizard legs.  No matter how much lotion I lathered on, within hours it was gone and the scales reappeared.  I have always been a fan of Oil Of Olay products.  One day I saw the in-shower lotion and thought would give it a try.  I have been hooked ever since.  Every morning, the last thing I do in the shower is apply the lotion.  You don't need to use as much because glides on effortlessly with a smaller amount required.  My legs remain hydrated well into the following day.  It is so easy to apply, it takes less than a minute to apply all over.  It also smells great.  I have been asked on several occasions what perfume I am wearing - they are shocked to find out just the olay in-shower lotion.

My grandmother also suffers with dry skin to the point that the doctor was going to prescribe some medicated lotion.  I asked her to first use the olay in-shower lotion.  She got the same remarkable results and now has nice silky skin as well.  I recommend this product to all my friends as a 'can't live without product'.  I normally buy it online in bulk to make sure I never run-out and leave a bottle at my parent's home which I visit often - want to amke sure not in a lurch if forgotten.

I have fair, sensitive skin and have had no reactions to this product.  After shaving, I normally suffer from some irritation but not so when use this lotion. . I would strongly suggest anyone with dry skin problems to give Olay In-Shower Lotion a try!

Olay's In-shower Lotion doesn't Quench my body's thirst!

***Quick View: ***While shopping on the [Soap.com][1] website, I saw a promotion saying that, if I bought an Olay facial cleanser, I could choose an Olay body product free. Since I have loads of regular body lotions, I decided to try this in-shower one. I guess it's OK but it doesn't seem to save me any time hydrating my skin and it is kind of pain to use.

***My Take on Olay In-shower Body Lotion, Quench 15.2 fl oz***

This lotion comes in a purple tube with a hole on the top but I don't know why. Maybe to hang it up? Put it on a rope? Anyway, the lotion flips open and is white and mildly scented. It has no special fragrance, just "lotion" scent.

You are to take a shower and then, step back and apply this product all over your body. then rinse it off. Apparently this will lock in moisture and even allow one to skip usual lotion or cream.

I did exactly what the directions said to do. I took a shower then applied** Olay In-shower Body Lotion, Quench** on my body out of the shower stream. I then rinsed it off and got out of the shower. I didn't notice that my skin felt silky smooth or much softer although it wasn't dry either. I always use a body butter or cream after bathing ot showering and I did even after using Quench. I don't see the need for this extra step in the shower.

I think, if someone has normal or oily skin, this lotion is a good idea. It will add a bit of hydration and won't be greasy or leave any residue. One can get dressed immediately without having to wait for their moisturizer to absorb. For those like me who have dry skin and like to really bathe our bodies in moisture, I don't see the advantage of using any in-shower lotion. It doesn't hydrate enough to allow me to go without traditional creams so I'm just wasting time applying and rinsing off the product.

***My Viewpoint***

**Olay In-shower Body Lotion, Quench** does add a bit of hydration to my skin during my shower. My skin doens't feel silky or super smooth but it isn't dry and rough. I guess if I were in a huge hurry, I could use this then get dressed immediately without applying traditional body lotion. But for me, it's just a wasted step as I always use a traditional cream or butter. My skin needs it. For those with normal or oily skin, this may be a great choice though so I will go with ***3 stars***.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Soap-com-review-13e811

This is mildly scented. It has no special fragrance, just "lotion" scent.

Absorption
It actually isn't supposed to absorb but coat the body with hydration.

Doesn't add much, if any, hydration to my dry skin. Might be best for normal or oily skin types.

I love it

from Ocean Springs, MS

Comments about Olay In Shower Body Lotion:

I love the Olay in shower body lotion. It works very well to soften my dry skin. Because it is used in the shower it can take advantage of the moisture on your body. Using it in the shower also makes it easier to use on more of your body than a lotion you use after you get out. The only reasons I only give this product a eight and not a ten is I would prefer it in a different scent and it does seem a little oily initially. When you get out of the shower and dry off the issue of it seeming too oily goes away. I am not sure if some gets wiped off by the towel or if it is just that the product needs time to soak into your skin. It is also a bit tricky to use this on your feet without making the tub dangerously slippery. I typically just use it on the top of my feet and the back of the heal.

It is very good at moisturizing your skin.

I do wish they offered this in different scents. Most of their other products come in scents I enjoy.

Amazing, can't go without it.

Comments about Olay In Shower Body Lotion:

I cannot say enough wonderful things about my "Olay in shower body lotion"! I use this almost every time I take a shower, and it never disappoints. One of my favorite things about this product is the nifty little bottle it comes in, the hole in the top makes it easy to hang on my shower caddy. I love how smooth and creamy this in shower lotion is, you get a great lather each time without having to use a bunch of it. This lotion/ body wash is great for adding extra moisture to your skin, cleansing and even shaving. It is especially great to use in the winter on tough dry skin. If you have sensitive skin, this product will work great for you.

I love my in shower lotion, it works very effectively. I love the way it makes my skin feel and smell. After using this product, you will not even need to add lotion after your shower. You get enough hydration from your in shower body lotion.

The scent is very light, but beautiful and clean. It isn't too feminine for a man to use if he needs some extra hydration to his skin. I also love that I can still smell this product hours after my shower. Give it a try, trust me you will not be disappointed!

Good Idea but odd product.

Comments about Olay In Shower Body Lotion:

It did feel like it left a "barrier" on my skin like a lotion, but it was odd having that feeling in the shower. I don't know, something about using something with water that doesn't really rinse bothered me. It was like a wax coating on a piece of fruit or something verses a moisturizing body lotion feeling. It doesn't sink in like a lotion or give you that moisturized feeling. I really wanted to like it because it seems like such a great idea and a major time saver for moms especially.

Did leave a sense of "moisture" but not in a way that was comparable to my typical body lotion. It just didn't work for me. And it made shaving difficult so don't use if you plan on shaving your legs that day. After a few uses it started to feel weird and I get creeped out with the thought of leaving chemicals on my skin and this stuff just didn't seem to be natural not rinsing off all the way.

Nice scent. Love olay products but this one just didn't work.

Achieve nice smooth skin while enjoying a hot shower

Comments about Olay In Shower Body Lotion:

I've been using this product for almost a month now and I am very impressed with how well it works. I was very worried that it would be a waste of money because it didn't make sense to me that you could apply a cream in the shower and immediately rinse it off and have that cream that you just rinsed off actually soften your skin. I will admit that I was mistaken and it is well worth the money. After using this for just a few days there was a noticeable difference in the softness of my skin.

This product is absolutely fantastic. I am truly amazed at how well it works and if you read the previous paragraph you know how skeptical I was about it. My skin has softened because of using this product.

It has a very pleasing shower scent maybe not one I would like to put on me when I am just applying lotion but as far as in the shower It is fantastic. Much like shampoo and body wash it has that fresh clean I just took a shower smell to it.

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Boston, MA

Comments about Olay In Shower Body Lotion:

I found this product on a clearance rack and gave it a chance.. I fell in love with it the first time I used it: I like my skin to be moisturised but hate the greasy feeling of lotions, this is ideal for both. It is not oily, rinsed off but still gives the smooth, well nourished feeling. I love the scent, it does not fade, even can be used as a very light "parfume" or body fragance, if someone doesn't want to use pafume but prefers a scent that faintly present. Because of the fragance, i am not sure it is really ideal for very sensitive skin, but it worth to try and see if one's sensitive skin will be fine with it or really need something unscented. So far all the women in my family and among friends loved it and nobody had any sensitivity issue with it. one of them with a very dry skin even uses it without rinsing, she said it is not oily even like that.

Leaves you silky smooth

Comments about Olay In Shower Body Lotion:

I had received a sample of this a while ago and absolutely fell in love with it. I use it every time I shave or during the harsh drying winter months. Its thick and creamy so a little goes a long way. It leaves your skin silky smooth and lasts for about a day after showering. I also love the smell. Its light yet fragrant enough to feel silky and pretty. if your skin is acne prone you may want to avoid it just because of the thickness of it. It may seem a little pricey but it will last you. It doesn't take much to cover your legs or even your whole body. I would be lost without this product. It is definitely a staple in my shower

a small amount will leave your skin smooth for at least a day after showering

a light yet fragrant scent

Very Moisturizing

from Uniontown, PA

Comments about Olay In Shower Body Lotion:

I bought this product as an alternative to the normal everyday lotion as I am a frequent tanner, and there is always concern about skin dryness with long term. I love this product! It smells great, and I really feel like my skin absorbs this better than the average lotion. One advantage is that the heat from my shower gets the lotion through all the layers of skin, and I have soft skin that lasts.

Olay's In-shower Lotion doesn't Quench my body's thirst!

from The heart of , NY

***My Take on Olay In-shower Body Lotion, Quench 15.2 fl oz***

***My Viewpoint***

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Soap-com-review-13e811

This is mildly scented. It has no special fragrance, just "lotion" scent.

Absorption
It actually isn't supposed to absorb but coat the body with hydration.

This is all I use!

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Olay In Shower Body Lotion:

I use the purple ribbons and I absolutly love it.  I will leave your skin feeling soft and smooth, which is what I want.  I have tried LOTS of other shower moisturizers and this is the best.  And it is not a bank buster.  I have tried the other colors, but I will stick with the purple one with jooba.

Immediately gratifdying, but a rip off

from Milledgeville, GA

Comments about Olay In Shower Body Lotion:

The continuous smell is almost worth using the product, but it seems that all it does is leaves a build up of oil on your skin. This excess oil causes bumps on my legs. It is not a rash, and I have never had sensitive skin, but i think that the oil and fragrance just does it. It also says to shave with this if you wish- BAD IDEA- your razor will not last through the gunk and oil