Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:
Olay Body Wash Plus Body Butter Ribbons

Olay Body Wash Plus Body Butter Ribbons

Pros

Cons

The body wash for silky, clean skin

Olay Body Wash + Creme Ribbons with almond oil is a great product. You only need a little bit to achieve maximum silky, clean skin. The bottle suggests that you use it with a wet puff.  I just squeezed a tad on my fingers and used it for both shaving my legs and as a body wash. You then  rinse it off.  Wait 'til you feel your skin afterwards.  I even thought that I hadn't rinsed it off enough because my skin  was so silky. It also has a very nice smell to it.  I received this product as part of a gift set  for Christmas so I'm not sure of its retail price.  It comes in a generous 295 ml. bottle. I used a very small amount each time that I bathed or showered.  This bottle will last you quite a while.  It suggests that the skin will feel more moisturized and visibly improved in five days.  Well, my skin is certainly softer.  If that is what the "visible improvement " means as the bottle suggested, it has worked its "magic".  I still use various moisturizers after bathing anyway (double-soft effect), but your skin will feel soft prior to putting on your other moisturizers, I promise. Give it a try.

Pretty in purple. Until I actually used the body wash. Yuck.

**Quick View**

**Quick View**

**Olay Body Wash Plus Body Butter Ribbons **is a thick, very rich body wash that, to me, felt like I was showering in shaving cream. I didn't feel clean after, I felt slimy. Your mileage may vary.

**Full View**

Olay has come out with a line of body washes with "ribbons" of different things - creams, oils, and other formulas. There are a few different types for different skin types. I chose **Olay Body Wash Plus Body Butter Ribbons **because I love the color purple, it had jojoba butter in it which is rich and moisturizing, and the bottle was so attractive with its swirls or ribbons of white and purple.

**My Use**

I immediately opened the bottle and smelled the body wash. It was floral (I don't like floral scents) and very sweet. It was by no means my favorite scent. Still, I looked forward to seeing if this rich wash could get me clean and moisturize my skin with the thick jojoba butter. I flipped open the cap and squirted a fair sized amount into my hand. Awww, the ribbons were only for show. It was just a lilac glob in my hand. Still, I had hope. I washed, using a shower pouf and it did lather up some. The scent was really strong and, if I liked it, I probably would have been happy about that. But I didn't. It had an old fashioned scent that reminded me of my 78 year old mother in law's fragrances.

As I washed, I felt like I was using shaving cream rather than body wash. The stuff sort of spread on my skin and turned slick. I rapidly showered if off and felt some residue on my skin - not moisturizing oils or butters but what felt like a film. The next time I tried it, I bypassed the whole body wash thing and used it as a shaving cream. It works well in that capacity and leaves my legs smooth and I never knick them when I use this. But as far as a body wash, I wouldn't use it again. I didn't feel clean, I didn't like the consistency, the scent was NOT something I wanted clinging to me, and the residue didn't feel like moisture, it felt slimy.

I am not at all impressed with **Olay Body Wash Plus Body Butter Ribbons. **I have since tried one other formula in the ribbons line and it was lighter and less shaving cream-like but still, not good. I am a huge fan of fragranced body washes, especially ones that add hydration to my skin, but this one was just yuck. Too bad, I love purple and it was cheap. I guess I will stick to my funky natural and hand made stuff.

**My Viewpoint**

**Olay Body Wash Plus Body Butter Ribbons **is thick, rich body wash for dry skin. It looks pretty in the bottle and dispenses easily. But it feels slimy and left me feeling like I needed a shower - after my shower. The scent was overbearingly floral. It makes a good shaving cream though and it is cheap. You may like this or one of the other colors of ribbons, but I sure didn't. ***I am going with two stars. ***I don't recommend this formula.

Works great

Comments about Olay Body Wash Plus Body Butter Ribbons:

This stuff works really well. I like how it's super creamy and thick, so it doesn't slide off my hand or body pouf. After rinsing off my skin feels hydrated and soft. I love the scent too, it's a unique scent and it stays after showering. I also like that a little goes a long way and it lathers up really well. It's priced fairly cheap compared to most olay products and most drugstores and supermarkets carry this brand. It worked well on my sons sensitive and dry skin as well. The only con to this body wash is that I did notice it caused a lot of build up in my shower, compared to other washes this one had the worst affect on my tub.

It's very effective in reducing dry skin and it worked well on my dry skin patches. I would definitely recommend this to people with dry skin, and it also is awesome for shaving because of the rich creamy lather.

The scent is great and I like that it smells after rinsing off.

I LOVE it!

Comments about Olay Body Wash Plus Body Butter Ribbons:

Olay is my favorite affordable brand of body wash/soap. It is by far the most moisturizing of body washes that I have used, and that is especially true of their spectacular product, "Body Wash Plus Body Butter Ribbons." My skin is left feeling not only incredibly clean, but also amazingly fresh and unbelievably smooth. Was that enough adjective use for you?

I actually threw or gave away the rest of my body washes after I began using the Olay "Body Wash Plus Body Butter Ribbons" because the results were that noticeable! And I truly love the scent.

Even the bottle is cute! And I am sure we all remember the commercials when they came out, so kudos on the marketing!

Incredibly effective. Leaves skin feeling clean, fresh, soft, and very very smooth.

Smells just delicious! The scent is not overpowering, but it does linger with you all day so that hours later you still have that "just showered" smell.

Lush lather

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Olay Body Wash Plus Body Butter Ribbons:

More recently I got the chance to try Olay Spa Exfoliating Ribbons Body Wash Plus. It was a very nice experience for me. The scent of it is very relaxing to me but, to go beyond that, the actual consistency and texture of the body wash was extremely creamy. I was quite surprised to see that it lathered so very well because of it's creamy texture. It made my skin feel softer and silkier from one use but, I actually noticed an obvious change in the look and appearance of my skin after about a week of use. he scent of it lingered on my skin in a very good way. It also seemed to linger slightly in the air. The lather was very lush and inviting. Between the combination of the scent and the lush lather you are nearly guarenteed to get a good night's rest. The price of the body wash is worth paying because of the effectiveness and because f the luxurious look and feel f my skin. It is a high quality product and it definetely shows.

One of my favorites!

from florida, USA

Comments about Olay Body Wash Plus Body Butter Ribbons:

Overall, I love this body wash and will purchase it again and again. It is silky soft and leaves my skin feeling soft, moisturized, clean, and fresh. The only downside to this body wash is that when you dispense it, a lot can come out because you have to squeeze the bottle. It doesn't last quite as long as other body washes I have used because to create a good lather, I have to use more than others.

The Olay Body Wash with Ribbons is very effective at cleaning, moisturizing, and softening. I have used this body wash exclusively for that last month or so, and have found that my skin is much softer that it was, even when I do not use a lotion.

I absolutely love the scent of the Olay Body Wash with Ribbons. It is light, fresh, and I love that it lasts for hours. If I take a shower before bed, I wake up and can still smell the fabulous body wash. It is more of a feminine scent, so I would not recommend this body wash for men.

Good Body Wash, Does Not Do As Advertised

from Palm Bay, FL

Comments about Olay Body Wash Plus Body Butter Ribbons:

This body wash works just as well as any other body wash for cleaning, so that part of it is fine. What I don't like is that it claims you will have "visibly improved skin" in just five days. This is what you are paying more for when you buy this body wash. Well, I can tell you, that my skin did not look any different from the first time I used this bottle to the last time I used this bottle. It did not visibly improve my skin in any way. Therefore, I do not think it is worth the extra money. It has a kind of lotion-y smell, not a specific scent like most body washes have. It does have body butter in it, which makes it a very thick soap. A little too thick for me. I felt that I had a hard time spreading it around. The package is 18 ounces, which is a pretty standard size, so that is good. You do not feel like you ran out too quickly. I recommend this product if you get a great deal on it, otherwise, you might as well find something less expensive.

A Lovely idea

Comments about Olay Body Wash Plus Body Butter Ribbons:

I loved the idea of this lotion. The product itself is not that too far off from what I was expecting except that there is one huge flaw. The lotion is so thick that almost every single use, despite my best efforts and preparations, huge globs of this ended up down the drain! It is very frustrating because the body soap does everything else well. It does, in fact, come out in thick and "buttery" ribbons. The shape of the cap is a line which makes the thick formulation form ribbons. Even when using a loofah the lotion clumps and you would almost have to break it up entirely to avoid this. Which, actually seems to defeat the creaminess of the body soap. The moisture lasts pretty well after application. I found that I went through the product much faster than I anticipated, but I do not think that I actually was able to "use" the entire bottle. The scent was good, the concept was also good, but the product was not something that I would purchase a good. Not actually a good value.

Way to thick for me

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Olay Body Wash Plus Body Butter Ribbons:

I bought this product because I am a fan of Olay soaps and thought this would work just as well.
This body wash was just way too thick. It came out more like a shaving cream and would not lather up well at all. I felt like I was washing it off forever and my skin felt like it had a layer of slime on it. It made my skin feel very oily and greasy to the point that I had to take another shower to get the residue off of me. I was shocked at how terrible this product actually was, and also disappointed in the Olay brand.
The scent was not what I expected at all. The bottle is deceiving and I thought it would have a nice, fresh scent, but it did not. The scent was very strong and a floral scent. I am not a fan of floral scents, and it does not work well with the cologne that I use.
I really wanted to like this product, but unfortunately it was not for me.

This body wash was very heavy and hard to rinse off.

This product has a very strong floral scent.

Pretty packaging without the performance

Comments about Olay Body Wash Plus Body Butter Ribbons:

When I received this body wash in a gift set for Christmas I was really excited about the pretty packing. My skin gets extremely dry in the winter so I was also excited about trying something that may give me some relief from the itchiness. I was immediately disappointed after trying this body wash.

This body wash has a rich lather that feels great while showering, but it fails as soon as the rinsing begins. Instead of feeling clean and soft, my skin felt greasy. This body wash left a film on my skin that would not rinse or wipe off. I still felt dirty after showering and my skin didn't feel soft or moisturized, it felt slimy. I ended up showering again just to get the film off. I can not imagine how clogged my pores would become if I used this body wash on a consistent basis. Like another poster, I too used this body wash like I would a shaving gel on my legs just so I would not have to throw it away.

I did not enjoy the scent and it was quite strong.

This is one of my favorite Olay products.

Profile Image

from West Virginia

Comments about Olay Body Wash Plus Body Butter Ribbons:

Okay, so, my family is full of women. My great-grandmother has 8 sister, my grandmother has 5 sisters, my grandfather has 5 or 6 sisters, my mom has 4 sisters, and all of my first cousins are female. Yes, it's a family full of women so we love our body products. I typically get anywhere from 10-50 body products for Christmas and sometimes more.

This is one of those products I received last year. I have to say I was pleased with this. I tried another Olay product that kind of dried my skin out and didn't moisturize like it claimed but this one really truly does.

My dislikes are what I will mention first. This has unnatural fragrances in it. That kind of saddens me because there are so many essentials oils they could use to make it smell just as great as it does. This also has dyes in it. It's purple and pink and has unnatural dyes in it as well including everyone's dreaded red 40 and blue lake.

So all of that aside, it has some good ingredients in it. It has shea in it which is amazing on my skin. The lather of this is very nice. I can use it on a pouf or a wash cloth and it soaps up nicely. I can even use this on my face without getting breakouts. It feels smooth going on and it leaves me feeling moisturized after I rinse it off. The moisture actually lasts for a day or two too. I don't feel like my skin is just temporarily fixed. This soaks right in. I've even bought a second bottle out of pocket after getting this as a gift!

It works. It makes me feel soft and it lasts several days.

It smells great. It smells floral.

Ultra Thick and Soothing

Comments about Olay Body Wash Plus Body Butter Ribbons:

I liked this from my very first use. It came out of the bottle thick and creamy. I would definitely call this a cream.I tried it because of the Olay brand. I new the product would be moisturizing and it lived up to its promise.The scent was great,not over-powering.Just a nice pleasant scent. I tried the orchid scent. The product was a great value for me as It was a buy one get one free. I have also noticed there are coupons in the Sunday paper often.For me this products suits my needs. I need something that will not dry my skin out anymore and will soften the dry skin I have. I use this to shave my legs because of the think lather and the softness when it is rinsed off. The only downside to this bath product is that it leaves a heavy residue in the tub.I will be including this in my bath products rotation.Overall I am very pleased with this product and would recommend it to others especially anyone with dry skin.