3.3

Pros

Cons

Great Choice for Older Dogs

Comments about Ol' Roy Soft and Moist:

The beef and the Beef and Cheese verity are favorites of our 12 year old Sheltie/ Collie Mix, the portion sized packets are just right for her modest appetite. My only complaint is the very high levels of soy proteins as compared with animal based proteins in the ingredients list.

Quality of Ingredients
Would like to see a premium version with more meat and less soy and other filler

Flavor Selection
it only comes in beef and beef and cheese, a turkey and/ or chicken verity would suit her well.

Upset my dogs tummy :(

Comments about Ol' Roy Soft and Moist:

At the time I had two dachshunds (one miniature and one full size) and a chihuahua. My miniature dachshund has horrible teeth. I took her to the vet and they recommended giving her softer food mixed in with her regular dry food. I went to Wal-Mart and saw this. I thought it was neat that it came in little bags for serving sizes, but when you have fairly small dogs, the serving size is a little too much. The price couldn't be beat, but once I got home and gave it to my dogs I was regretting my choice. All three dogs ate this stuff up quick fast and in a hurry. I was really glad to see Lyla (the one with bad teeth) eating a decent amount of food finally. But an hour later, lets just say my carpet got pretty messed up. This stuff did NOT agree with my dogs at all. It made the two dachshunds have diarrhea and my chihuahua threw up a few times. I hated seeing my little dogs so tore up over something I had given them. From my experience I would never buy this again, but it may just have to do with small breeds not being able to handle it.

Quality of Ingredients
I'm not an expert on ingredients in dog food, but I do know that this product made my dog throw up, so I'm giving it a 5 on this scale.

Flavor Selection
I only saw one flavor choice at my local Wal-Mart. Not sure if other places have more choices, but because I only saw one, I'm rating it a one on selection.

• Flavor Selection:

Finally a food my girls will eat.

Comments about Ol' Roy Soft and Moist:

I have 2 adult Shih Tzu's who are very picky. (1 is 9, 1 is 13) I have tried every brand of dog food on the market and as a last resort, I tried Ol'Roy Moist & Meaty, to my surprise they both ate it. They are not eager eaters but at least they will eat it.. They are healthy and potty habit are normal so I will continue with it as long as they eat it. I also give a healthy treat in the evening.

Quality of Ingredients
As long as they do not have stomach issues or coat & bowel problems, they must be digesting it. The Vet says they are healthy.

Flavor Selection
They like the soft and meaty taste.

Ol' Roy Soft and Moist: Dogs Approve, Owners Reject

from Houston, TX

Comments about Ol' Roy Soft and Moist:

With dogs, there are certain qualities of food they are bound to like and high on the list is moisture followed by a strong, dog- appealing aroma. If a food is soft and highly scented, dogs are bound to like it and a good example of this is Ol’ Roy Soft and Moist Dog Food.

Dog Food Facts and Commentary:

Ol’ Roy Soft and Moist Dog Food is a dog food manufactured and sold at Wal- Mart and, like other Ol’ Roy dog foods, it is one of the least expensive brands you will ever find. It has a soft, meat- like texture that dogs love and there is no encouragement needed to get dogs to eat. They will chomp down a bowl of this food in less than a minute and owners need to be careful not to offer too much food because, regardless of how much is present, dogs will eat it and can end up sick.

Okay, so dogs love the taste and we all want our dogs to be happy. But that doesn’t mean Ol’ Roy Soft and Moist Dog Food should automatically receive a vote of confidence and a recommendation. The fact is, Ol’ Roy Soft and Moist Dog Food is one of the very worst products you can buy as far as the ingredients go. Just looking at the ingredient list, with its meat by- products and artificial this and that, I am compelled to pass this food up in favor of something better. And from an ingredients standpoint, most any other dog food on the market is better.

Bottom Line Viewpoint:

Dogs love soft, meaty food and Ol’ Roy Soft and Moist Dog Food is certainly a dog food that fits the description of a food dogs’ love. But from an owner’s point of view, there is very little good that can be said about Ol’ Roy Soft and Moist Dog Food. The ingredient list is appalling and it is definitely a product to avoid.

Quality of Ingredients
The ingredients used to make this Ol' Roy food will have you shaking your head and frowning as you read.

Flavor Selection
Dogs love the taste and there are several flavors they like.