4.1
Oikos
Oikos Greek Yogurt

Oikos Greek Yogurt

4.1

Oikos Greek yogurt is delicious, nutritious, and organic.

Oikos Greek Yogurt is awesome yogurt.  The flavor is terrific.  I like the blueberry (fruit on the bottom) and the vanilla flavored ones for breakfast and snacks.  My husband says the honey flavored is the best (I haven't tried it, I don't eat honey.).  We've also used the plain unflavored one for making greek spread/dip for pita bread similar to tzatziki.  It was simple and terrific.  We just added greek seasoning and diced cucumber to the Oikos yogurt.

Being Greek style yogurt, it is a bit different in flavor and texture than standard yogurts like Yoplait and Dannon and such.  It's not as runny and wet.  It's thicker.  A smooth, almost custard type consistency.  Closer to a moist, whipped cream cheese than a pudding.  The taste is a bit fuller,too.  A little more cream cheese like.  More distinctively dairy flavored.

Oikos Yogurt is fat free.  I love when something yummy is diet,too.  And it's nutritious, even more so than most other fat free yogurts like Yoplait.  It's got a whole lot of protein (like 16 grams in the single serving size!) and 20 percent of your daily requirement for Calcium.

I've seen lots of articles and cook books and such recommending using plain unflavored yogurt in place of sour cream for cooking and I've tried it, and usually it's a far cry from the "real deal".  Oikos,though, I think could pull it off.  With the richer fuller texture and flavor, I could envision it actually being a viable alternative to fatty sour cream.

The other great thing about Oikos is that it's organic. Good for you.  Good for the Earth.  Good tasting.  GOOD Stuff.

Overpriced, overrated.

Didn't care for this at all.  After reading other people's reviews, I was looking forward to trying this product.  I was very disappointed with my very first experience with Oikos.  I opened the container to find an extremely runny product, the consistency of applesauce maybe, and, with a hair in it.  Unacceptable!  The second container was marginally better, a bit thicker and without hair.  The only upside to this product is to maybe use the no-fat plain as a substitute for sour cream.

And, for all the people who praised this product and condemned others becuase of the use of pectin, look again at the flavored variety of Oikos.  It contains pectin as well.

I enjoy this yogurt on occasion because it is full of protein.

from West Virginia

Comments about Oikos Greek Yogurt:

I've came back to this yogurt a few times because it packs a punch as far as protein is concerned. One little cup of this yogurt has a whopping 13 grams of protein and I don't have to suffer through soybeans or tofu to get the protein. The downside to this yogurt for me is that it isn't consistent and often times, I find that it has spoiled when I buy it. I keep coming back because of the mega dose of protein, but it seems two or three out of every ten I buy, tend to be spoiled and I have to take them back. It's an unnecessary hassle. I also find, sometimes these are thick and creamy and perfect and other times they seem to have a lot of watery substance in them that makes them thin.

Flavor/Taste
These have a nice taste but the fruit could be better.

Variety
There's plenty of variety but the fruit isn't that great in some of them, especially the blueberry.

Consistency
This yogurt is lacking in consistency. I mean that in the sense that sometimes the yogurt is thick, other times it's creamy, and other times still it is way too watery. Some times I will get a perfect ten out of ten with this yogurt and other times half my purchase will be spoiled. It can be frustrating, although they do offer money back or exchange at my grocery.

Convenience
It's easy to pop the top and enjoy this yogurt. It has an easy pull tab.

• Flavor/Taste:
  • Variety:
  • Consistency:
  • Convenience:

It's okay

from TN

Comments about Oikos Greek Yogurt:

I am a big yogurt eater so I try new flavors and brands all the time. I first tried Oikos Greek Yogurt in a lunch smoothie. I mixed the yogurt with baby spinach, strawberries, banana slices, and an orange. The yogurt was the perfect consistency for this smoothie. It made it thick, but not too thick. It also tasted really good! When I tried this yogurt plain, I was not a very big fan of it. It left a weird feeling in my mouth. It almost felt like the inside of my mouth was covered with a film. I would definitely recommend this yogurt for smoothie making, but not to eat alone. It may be better if you cut up some fruit and added it into the yogurt though. The price of this yogurt is a little more costly than some others, but it is worth it because it makes the best smoothies.

Flavor/Taste
The taste is good, but the aftertaste is not the best.

Consistency
I love that this yogurt is a little more on the thick side because it makes it perfect to use in smoothies.

• Flavor/Taste:
  • Variety:
  • Consistency:
  • Convenience:

Best Yogurt I've Ever Had!

from Virginia

Comments about Oikos Greek Yogurt:

Let me start off by saying yogurt is a must in my household, my family loves yogurt and I'm always trying new brands and flavors. When I read about the benefits of Greek yogurt I decided to trying a variety of flavors and brands. Dannon Oikos Traditional Greek Yogurt has become a favorite in my home and I especially love the Toasted Coconut Vanilla flavor. It has a taste that is both rich and creamy and I am eating this instead of a traditional desert. It makes a great snack or I add granola and replace a meal. This yogurt is different than regular yogurts because of how thick and creamy it is. Not to mention it's good for you with only 160 calories and 40 of them are fat calories. Greek Yogurt has a higher percentage of protein at 11 grams per serving where traditional has half of that. I've use Oikos Greek Yogurt to help maintain weightloss by substituting this high protein treat instead of cereal bars. Oikos Greek Yogurt comes in a variety of flavors, I just tried Apple Pie yesterday and it was delicious! I have to admit since trying Oikos Greek Yogurt, the flavor and quality is better than other Greek Yogurts!

Delicious and Good For You!

Comments about Oikos Greek Yogurt:

This is by far my favorite brand of Greek yogurt. I have tried about seven of them and keep coming back to Oikos. It has a delightfully rich and creamy mouth feel when you are eating it. I was completely amazed at how good it is for you! The variety of flavors is also very extensive. I love the nutritional punch that Greek yogurt offers and it is nice to not have to sacrifice taste to eat healthy. My two favorites are the honey and the blueberry. Both are flavorful, tangy and delicious. You feel decadent eating an Oikos yogurt--and still be good to your body!

Greek yogurt at its best!

Comments about Oikos Greek Yogurt:

Greek yogurt is a variation of the traditional fruit on the bottom variety as it is typically lower in sugar and fat than the original. This unique product is also higher in protein than the others as well. Oikos greek variety is some of the best out there!

Best Greek Yogurt

Comments about Oikos Greek Yogurt:

I have to say I love Oikos, it is very delicious and so tasty. Its texture is perfect, and its consistency is just perfect for Greek yogurt. The varities of flavors is amazing, my personal favorite would be Strawberry. I would definetly recommend this to everyone.

Thick and Creamy Yogurt

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Oikos Greek Yogurt:

I love the taste of Oikos Greek Yogurt because it is very rich and creamy and the yogurt is big on blueberry flavor.  I tried the blueberry variety which has fruit on the bottom and the yogurt is more thick than my typical yogurt.  The yogurt is fat free and doesn't sacrifice taste because it is so good.  The blueberries were plump and delicious and the yogurt, a little sweet and sour and very good.  Each container is about 120 calories and perfect for a creamy snack or a great substitute for higher fat yogurt desserts.  This is a great different taste in yogurt and tastes like fresh blueberries.

Oikos Greek Yogurt - high protein low carb no fat breakfast

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about Oikos Greek Yogurt:

I love Oikos because of the high protein in this yogurt without the fat of some Greek yogurts and without the startch added into many yogurts for thickening. I'll have Oikos with a few nuts or Barbara's organic oat animal crackers for breakfast and be plenty full. It is easy to add sugar-free jam or jelly to the plain yogurt for more flavor.

Not As Good As Regular Yogurt, and Costs More

from Springfield, IL

Comments about Oikos Greek Yogurt:

I have bought several of the Greek yogurts simply because I read that it is healthier for you than regular yogurt.  The taste takes a little getting used to.  It kind of grows on you after a while, though.  If there was no health advantage of Greek over regular, I would definitely buy regular.  The taste of regular is much more pleasant, and it's a lot cheaper

Oikos in the small cup is no longer Greek style

from Manakin Sabot, VA

Comments about Oikos Greek Yogurt:

I have been buying Oikos yogurt for over a year. The fat-free small cups used to be as thick and creamy (you know, Greek style) as the Oikos in the larger carton. But no more! They changed their formula. They are now adding Pectin, and it's no longer thick and creamy. In fact, it is no longer Greek style yogurt, if you asked me.