Other Insect Repellents:

Deep Woods Off Keeps Mosquitoes and Most People Away

from North Carolina

About Me Casual/ Recreational

Pros

Cons

• Bad Smell

Comments about Off! Deep Woods Dry Insect Repellent:

I love to hike, but mosquitoes tend to frequent many of those hiking trails. My family has used Deep Woods Off for several years. If applying sunscreen, I apply the insect repellent last because if you apply the sunscreen last, it can make the insect repellent ineffective. This issue leaves people with a dilemma because it is recommended to apply sunscreen more often than insect repellent; however, we tend to go on short hikes in shady areas, so this isn't that big of a deal with my family. The CDC does not recommend using insect repellent and sunscreen products that are premixed for this reason.

I don't spray this directly on my kids' skin, preferring to spray away from them on my hand and then wiping the product from my hand directly on their skin. This helps keep the product from being in the air that my kids are breathing.

This spray works better than most we have tried for keeping mosquitoes at bay and it works immediately, but the smell is pretty strong, and you can still smell it after showering sometimes. I think the benefits outweigh the risks for us because we would not be able to enjoy many outdoor activities at all due to being mosquito magnets. There are some pretty serious health effects possible due to mosquito bites, but I would not want to use this on a daily basis due to such strong chemicals on the skin.

Love the off woods line of bug repellent

About Me Avid Adventurer

Pros

• Easy To Apply
      • Effective
      • Long Lasting

• Backcountry
        • Beaches
        • Day Trips
        • Travel

Comments about Off! Deep Woods Dry Insect Repellent:

My whole family is outdoors all the time and with all these mosquitoe and tick bourne illnesses we need food protection. This is the only line of bug spray that also works for ticks and fleas and everything. It lasts a long time and it doesn't need to be reapplied as much as a lot of other brands. It protects awesome against all biting bugs and has deet in it and that is a strong product. I don't like putting chemicals on my kids but when it comes to Lyme disease and west Nile the chemicals don't seem so bad. Where we live the ticks and skeets are so bad some times of the year you literally can't go outside without something on you or you would be bitten head to toe within minutes. I highly recommend it for everyone because this will work well and you can get this brand and line of sprays everywhere. They come in aresol cans, spray bottles, and even wet wipes.

No more bug bites!

Comments about Off! Deep Woods Dry Insect Repellent:

I'm allergic to mosquitoes so this product is a must for me. It's never failed me thanks to it containing 25% DEET. I never have to worry about bug bites as long as I use Off! Deep Woods. And I hardly notice that it's on my skin because it dries quickly and doesn't feel oily/greasy.

Off! Deep Woods protects against ticks, biting flies, gnats, chiggers, and mosquitoes. When I use this product, I never have a single bite bug. It works well and I use it often.

Ease of Application
        When it's first sprayed on it feels a little greasy but it quickly dries and the greasy feeling goes away. It becomes more like a powder as it dries. Off! Deep Woods doesn't ruin my clothes but if I wear dark colored clothing and this product gets on them, it leaves a noticeable white steak when it dries.

The scent of Off! Deep Woods is the only negative thing about this product. It has a strong chemical odor but I guess that's what makes it work.

• Ease of Application:

Works pretty well, but a few issues.

Comments about Off! Deep Woods Dry Insect Repellent:

When first applied, it does feel oily. The label claims it does not, but it really does. After a few seconds, it dries up, then feels very odd on skin. It makes your skin feel dry and leathery. It does NOT actually dry out skin; just feels like it. It does not affect clothing or colors. After applied, one needs to be careful not to touch where it's applied and then eat or touch mouth. It tastes horrible! It it very hard not to transfer from body to mouth, as it does not rub off easily.

Out of all the bug repellant products, I purchase this most often, as it works pretty well. I am prone to mosquito bites and still get them, even with repellant on. However, this product helps the most by far. Once you are sprayed with this, you don't need to re-apply for hours. I personally spray once, very well, and do not spray again until the next day.

Ease of Application
        Simply hold can a few inches away from where you want it applied and push button to spray. It is simple to use. It is also easy to store and not worry about something being on top of it and spraying by itself, as the button is tougher to push down. I find that pressing it off to the side of the button does not work and you need to push right in the middle. This makes it nice for storing away with other things and not worrying about the bottle leaking due to other items applying pressure to the button.

It smells terrible. I cannot say it smells like anything in particular, but it does smell strongly when applied, but the smell eases within seconds.

• Ease of Application:

Camping in the backwoods of Maine...

Comments about Off! Deep Woods Dry Insect Repellent:

And very little chomping on humans for those nasty little bugs. I have always been a mosquito magnet, and they really do love to chew and chomp on any bit of my exposed skin. With a sister who lives in the backwoods of Maine, I either visit her and be miserable or I use this fantastic product. Sure I don't care for heavy and harsh chemicals, but I would rather deal with those then be itching like crazy for the next 4 days from the bug bites.Make sure you don't aim it towards your face when spraying, and apply a light coating on exposed skin. You can rub it in to get more sensitive areas like the face, just keep it AWAY from the eyes and forehead (where you can sweat it into your eyes)

It has been a life saver the past few summers for me, I leave my sister's cabin with a few less insect bites for a cheap price.

Ease of Application
        Sprays on evenly, you just have to be aware of keeping it away from your eyes, nose, and mouth.

The scent is overpowering, so do not apply it inside. Maybe the caustic smell of the product helps mask my tasty self!

• Ease of Application:

Off takes the bite out of bugs

Comments about Off! Deep Woods Dry Insect Repellent:

I spend a lot of time in the woods with my family, friend, and the Boy Scouts. I live in the Adirondacks in upstate New York. Deep Woods Off is the best insect repellant I have ever used. I hate mosquito's and any other bug. This repellant really works well. We have theses awful bugs known as black flies. They are merciless. Deep Woods Off keeps me from getting chewed up and spit out by the black flied.

Nothing stops bugs from biting better than Deep Woods off. I have sensitive skin and this product does not bother me at all. This product works extremely well.

Ease of Application
        Spray it on and spread it with your hands. It is that simple. Be cautious around your eyes. It burns badly if you get it in your eyes.

It has a chemical smell that is not too offensive, but it is not fruity or soothing. I personally do not care how it smells as long as it works. I would rather smell yucky than be chewed up by bugs.

Keeps Bugs OFF!

Comments about Off! Deep Woods Dry Insect Repellent:

As a very active Florida native, I know that one thing about the Sunshine State can make you consider staying inside - mosquitoes, noseeums, and other insects of the such. I use this product all the time, whether I'm fishing, hunting, or just out enjoying nature. It does an excellent job of repelling bugs that bite. So apply some OFF! and go outside and enjoy this wonderful world we live in without having to sustain the bug bites that so frequently accompany it.