Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:
OXY

Pros

Cons

OXY Maximum Spot Treatment

I have been looking for a new product to help me het rid of a few pimples on my face that i get every so often. I don't have acne but eve so often i get an annoying little spot when you east expect it, so I needed something that works fast and does what it advertises. I came across the OXY Maximum Spot Treatment one day while walking through the store and could not have been happier. This s one of the best products I have found for fast acting blemish removal. Most products take forever to do anything, but this product I could feel working the minute i applied it to the affected area. Within in 2 days it was almost completely gone. It does make the area where you apply the product a little dry for a couple days but it is nothing to worry about. For anyone looking for a great blemish and acne spot cream this would be a great product for you. I highly recommend this product. Great price also, not very expensive.

oxy doesnt get the acne

I have used acne products before to remove acne from my face but heard that oxy was the best product. I purchased the cream that I used while I was in the shower. I would put the cream on my face and get it into a lather. after that i would let it set for a little amount of time before washing it off of my face. That is exactly what the bottle said to do therefore i followed the usage directions.

what i noticed is sometimes it would get some of the acne, cleaning my face a little but still leaving too much acne for my liking. The other thing that happened is sometimes it would actually make my face break out worse and do nothing but add more acne to my face. After a few times that my face broke out worse that what it had started I stopped use of the product and threw the rest out.

I figured it was a waste of time and effort to continue to put the cream on my face and hope that it got some of the acne and not make my face worse.

Strong stuff to tackle pimples.

Comments about OXY Maximum Spot Treatment:

In my younger years i suffered a great deal from pimples and acne and I can genuinely say this was the only product strong enough to work. It very quickly dries up pimples and reduces redness, almost instantly. I found it to be quite harsh on my skin, as you can feel it stinging and a slight burning sensation, but as a teenager it was worth the pain to see the results. I used the cream as part of the OXY treatment routine, including the OXY cleansing pads daily to removed the oil and grease off my skin. This product does work very fast and effectively.

You can feel it work instantly and almost see the effects instantly also.

Ease of Application
Easy application and mess free.

Convenience
Comes in a small tube easy to carry in your purse or bag.

Side Effects
I didn't experience any side effects in particular, just a stinging on open pimples.

Immediacy
Works incredibly fast and effectively. You can see visibly improved skin within 24 hours of application for definite.

• Immediacy:

Not Good for Sensitive Skin!!

Comments about OXY Maximum Spot Treatment:

OXY Maximum Spot Treatment works after a couple uses, but then just makes my skin feel dry and irritated! Might just be my sensitive skin, but it made my acne worse...Would not buy this product again or recommend it to anyone. If you have sensitive skin like me, you probably should not buy this

Cost for Effectiveness

Comments about OXY Maximum Spot Treatment:

This product is fairly good in my opinion. When I was in high school, this is the brand I would use. I couldn't afford much, so this was a wonderful solutions to that problem. It definitely worked well for how cheap the product was. I was very happy at the time and even now. I have since found something for my skin that works with less side effects, but if you are just looking for a cheap product to keep the pimples at bay, this is your product.

It definitely is a winner.

Ease of Application
Really simple application. It's not rocket science, it's a acne remedy.

Convenience
Seriously only took about 5 minutes out of my day to use this product. So I would say it's fairly convenient.

Side Effects
This is where the sad downfall of the product comes in. This would extremely dry out my skin. If you use it only where it is needed, you may be fine, but if you apply it to your WHOLE face you will suffer the dry, dry consequences...

Helpful Hint: Always apply a moisturizer after you have put a drying type of acne treatment on.

Immediacy
I've seen faster, but for the price it's really what you pay for.

• Immediacy:

Is it really what it say it is?

Comments about OXY Maximum Spot Treatment:

I have use Oxy spot treatment for about a month now, And at first it worked wonders and made every little blemish disappear. Unfortunately, now when i use it, it tends not to work. I've attempted to use different products but nothing works now. Also it made my skin extremely dry and peely. Which was not attractive in any way.

• Immediacy:

Helpful but not totally effective

Comments about OXY Maximum Spot Treatment:

I have really sensitive, acne prone skin. I bought this, thinking I might as well try it out. It does sting and burn a little bit, but it works to a small extent. I didn't see any major results, but it helped get rid of small blemishes. It seemed to dry out my skin a lot, so if you have dry skin I probably wouldn't recommend this.

• Immediacy:

Oxy is good for acne spot treatments with a caveat

from Davis, CA

Comments about OXY Maximum Spot Treatment:

I'm over 50, but I still have acne breakouts. Since I'm older, my skin is extremely sensitive and can become overly dry. Still, I can use Oxy Maximum Spot Treatment if I use lotion first on my clean skin and don't over use it. Oxy is very effective without overly drying if used properly and not too often.

If I use Oxy Maximum Spot Treatment on clean skin, then apply lotion, it clears my blemishes within a few days.

Ease of Application
Oxy Maximum Spot Treatment is so easy to use. The small bottle is easy to hold, so it is very easy to access the acne cream. I just put a bit on a finger and apply it directly to the pimple. If I have a very oily patch, I can apply it to the entire area.

Convenience
Oxy Maximum Spot Treatment is very convenient to use since it is in a tube. Plus, it's very small. So it doesn't take up much space.

Side Effects
It can be too drying if I use it too often or don't use lotion as well.

Immediacy
It clears my skin within a few days!

• Immediacy:

Great for spot treatments and pores.

Comments about OXY Maximum Spot Treatment:

I have been using this for a long time, and have been very pleased with the effects.

I use this each night. I rub a small amount all over my face to prevent new occurances and to treat blemished that are already present.

Ease of Application
It is extremely easy to use this product. You just squeeze a small amount on your finger and rub wherever you need it on your face.

Convenience
The small size makes it easy to place in your handbag, duffle bag, wherever. Is dries clear, so no one knows you have it on, but you:)

Side Effects
It will dry your skin out and cause it to look sunburned if you use it too often, so I suggest starting with once a day. If you use it twice a day and do not have a reaction, go for it! If it starts to redden, cut back to once a day.
It may also cause bleaching, so sleep on light colored pillows if possible.

Immediacy
It does take a while to see the results. They are not immediate, but with daily use, your skin will clear up. I use this each day, and I have started my teens on it as well.

Quick and effective!

Comments about OXY Maximum Spot Treatment:

This acne treatment gets the job done! It works fast to clear up breakouts. It clans the redness and starts healing the blemish within hours!

This product works quick! It heals the blemish completely within days and starts relieving the redness within hours!

Ease of Application
This product goes in easily with a small dab on your fingertips. However, you must make sure it's rubbed in good, or it will leave a white film at the site of application.

Convenience
It comes in an easy open tube that dispenses as much or as little as you need quickly. The tube is small, but you only need a tiny amount. The size makes it easy to store out of site!

Side Effects
It does dry your sin a little, but since I don't cover my whole face with it, it doesn't cause a problem.

Immediacy
I usually start seeing an improvement within an hour. The redness and inflammation are greatly reduced, and blemishes are usually completely healed within a couple of days.

Sensitive Skin-BEWARE!!

Comments about OXY Maximum Spot Treatment:

I used this and it made my pimples worse!! I have tried Oxy's products before, and I sometimes frequent their brand...and one day I decided to buy this. What a mistake this was! It made my face so so so red, it was redder than Santa's Suit. It also made my face feel, and look as dry as the dessert, which is very unpleasant when your face has pimples. I have given this product enough time to "settle" into my skin-and I am done with a capital D!! This is definitely not for sensitive skin, or medium skin, or blended skin, or dry skin-especially not dry skin. BEWARE of this product. Turn around and don't make your face feel like it is drying up like a prune!! But if by any possible way you cannot find another product, be sure to buy a very good salicidic moisturizer. But if you're buying a Acne treatment in general, you do not need to be buying a oily-thick moisturizer. So, do not buy, do not buy, DO NOT BUY!!

Perfect For Spot Treatments

Comments about OXY Maximum Spot Treatment:

I really like this product for treating the occasional blemish. It works very fast without drying my skin out. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who just needs it for spot treatments!

Works overnight for getting rid of those pesky occasional pimples!

Ease of Application
Very easy to use, just dab it on after washing your face!

Convenience
It's convenient to use at home, or take it with you if you need to! I imagine it could be used under make up as well as at night time. I use it at night & it seems to always work for me!

Side Effects
I have never had any side effects at all with this product! And I have very fair & very sensitive skin!

Immediacy
Every time I have used it, it has worked overnight for me, I think that is a pretty good time frame for any acne medicine to work!